“Sheer Luxury” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 151 Hotels in Udaipur
london
“Sheer Luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Oberoi Udaivillas !!!! We decided to friends reunion at Udaivillas because it is listed as the fifth top hotels in the world. Our preference was to visit Udaivillas and not to Udaipur. We decided to take a boat to reach the hotel and had a lovely experience. It was drizzling and the climate was amazing.
The architecture is beautiful and is worth every single penny spent for a room night. No doubts its pricey but still worth. I recommend the buffet lunch and if you are looking for a romantic dinner then this is the place.

Room Tip: no matter where you are stay its beautiful
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and visiting the Oberoi Udaivilas.

We are pleased to hear you have thoroughly enjoyed our hospitality, services and facilities and we were able to par your expectations. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation, support and recommendation.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best of Oberoi hospitality.

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Noida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Oberoi Udaivilas is one of the fantastic properties in Udaipur. Luxury Personafied. Vary nicely done rooms, great terrace restaurant and service at its best. Very conveniently located near the lake. The architecture is beautiful and is worth every single penny spent for a room night. No doubts its pricey but still worth it. Surely will recommend this hotel for its class and services.

Room Tip: Room with a private pools are quite good
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review.

We strive everyday to deliver the best attention and services to our guests. I am proud and delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

Please contact me directly when you next intend to travel to Udaipur or to any Oberoi destination, I would be delighted to have the chance of welcoming you once again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have stayed in some of the best resorts in the world so I was bit skeptical when I heard the good feedback from my coworkers who had been there earlier.

My perception changed the moment they picked me up from airport. I knew something great was in store for me.

Its sheer luxury!

They will spoil you, they will take care of you brilliantly! They will customize anything and everything as per your taste and comfort!

Ideal would be if you don’t go there for work. Go there with your kids, family, parents, loved ones….and simply enjoy the pampering they do to you. Just relax and have fun.

My daughter still remembers the hotel staff who were extremely friendly, the chef who made special delicacies for her, the pool, the lake & the openness in the resort.

You will feel like a king or queen.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: Choose a lake facing room. However they are charged extra.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the beautiful review.

Your appreciation about the services, surrounding and staff are really very special and exceptional. We are glad to know that we were able to made a relaxing environment for you and it was a memorable stay with us.

We all look forward to welcome you back in not too distant future.

Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Oberoi Udaivillas !!!! We decided to have a vacation at Udaivillas because it is listed as the fifth top hotels in the world. Our preference was to visit Udaivillas and not to Udaipur. We decided to take a boat to reach the hotel and had a lovely experience. It was drizzling and the climate was amazing. The first thing i.e. the boat ride to the hotel was a moment to cherish for. I never expected the lake to be so beautiful. Lake pichola is something that India possess ! We reached the hotel and was served with a Rose Iced tea and it was to die for !!!
Coming to the beauty and the architecture of Udaivillas... Alas! I think it is the most beautiful hotel i have ever, ever seen in the world so far. It is sheer beauty ! No matter from where u cross the hotel, it is crafted with brains. I loved the tombs ! They r huge and reflects the true Indian heritage. The lake view overlooking the pool from the balcony of the room is hypnotizing. It can make u feel numb. The rooms and the bathroom are spacious enough. I loved the decor. They have tried to give pure ethnic details from Bed spread to bath robes. The room has a contemporary look keeping in view all the ethnic details. The property is so huge that it is difficult to maintain it but hats off that they had been maintaining it and it shows. Every moment you will find housekeeping cleaning the walk ways.
The hospitality and food is very good but it is not as good as it's other property Wild Flower Hall in Mashobra. I feel that Udaivilas should have even better hospitality and food than Wild Flower. Infact if you pick the beauty of Udaivilas and hospitality & food of Wild Flower Hall, it might be the top hotel of the world ;). When Oberoi group can provide a even better hospitality and food at its sister concern, am sure it can very well provide it at Oberoi Udaivillas. So i would request Mr. Vincent to take it further. The service, hospitality and food should match the beauty of the hotel, which is actually incredible! Udaivillas still has a little scope to reach higher standards.
The breakfast was whatever you want to eat kinds. You are free to order whatever you want and they try to make it. The food is good but somehow it is not excellent.
We happen to meet few servers and chef, who had already worked at other properties of Oberoi. They have a rotation system that makes the employees learn more.
The servers and chef was always eager to serve you with what you want; very generous enough. The service is quick and excellent.
The concierge was average. They should know more details than they have. I asked them about few shops suggested by the hotel itself but they were clueless as how they places are or what they actually sell.
We visited Leela and trust me it's no where near to udaivillas in terms of anything.

Oberoi Udaivillas is a place to be !!!!! I have said above that the food and the hospitality is not as good as Wild Flower hall doesn't mean it is not good. It is still better than any hotel in Udaipur or for that matter in India. I am just comparing it with their own property.
I can bet UDAIVILLAS is the most beautiful property in the world !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the incredible review. And indeed the property set amongst 30 acres of gardens is sheer beauty!

We are delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. We strive everyday to deliver the best experiences to our guests and extremely grateful when these are being recognized. Chef Vikas and Akash have just taken over the kitchen helm and are making wonders. So they both look forward to your return.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi Group and Udaivilas.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to organise any Oberoi trip.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

A royal birthday treat I loved the rajvilas property and their hospitality so my husband took me to udaivilas ranked as no 1 in royal getaways and I agree to that as we experienced a warm ,fulfilling ,outstanding service .We stayed in the rooms witha semi private pool the view was outstanding ,the whole experience was so calm ,serene and a feeling of being cared for ,I think oberoi hospitality reaches out to their guests in every little way with their prompt service , spa, beauty and not too forget my personal experience of a me war and Rajasthani cuisine with chef Sachin Kumar putting up an amazing royal sampler ,and this coming from a Celebrity Chef and a food connoisseur ,all have to say is keep up the great work and am waiting to visit again .

Room Tip: Rooms with a semi private room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to know you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for the exceptional words of praises. It give me immense pleasure to passed on your compliments to Sachin and to each team member who participated in making your stay memorable.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in not too distant future.

Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed on a work trip in the Poolview room. The welcome and transfer from/to the airport was in BMWs with a quick introduction to the city by the driver, a boat ride across the Pichola and then a traditional welcome at the reception.
After a smooth check-in in the room itself, was left to explore the resort. The resort has an old world charm with nice Rajasthani touches in the architecture and furnishings. It does give an impression of a palace. The room was nice and big with antique furniture, two-poster bed and a bathroom with shower, a victorian style tub but contemporary fittings. It opened into a small courtyard which further opened into the pool area. Excellent amenities - Forest Essentials - my all time fav. Sadly, the design of the resort did not permit many rooms to have a view of the lake (except the high end ones, unlike another resort in the vicinity) or an open seating area, which would have been lovely and so romantic.
The grounds were well landscaped but showed signs of aging and litter at places. The fountain (towards one exit from the lobby area) was not operating, so lot of dirt had accumulated. Lawns were beautiful especially near the second pool overlooking the City Palace. The first pool near my room was designed like the "Vav" with steps but had dark tiles making the water look a bit murky. The one near the rooms with private pool was much better. The property has a enclosure with some animals and nice walking paths. Food and meals were outstanding with the Chef personally inquiring about choices (and introducing the spicy 'Jodhpuri Roti' -a must try), entertainment was organized for our group but does not seem to be a regular feature for the other residents.
The impression I got was that it is geared for couples and romance looking for some peace and quiet and not so much towards families as there is not much to do for the kids.
Overall an excellent stay with a lovely combination of Oberoi and Rajasthani approach towards guest service.

Room Tip: Well, if you can splurge then definitely the rooms with private pools else other rooms are all simil...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank deepz78
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am glad to read that you had an amazing holiday experience with The Oberoi Udaivilas. It is our constant endeavor to serve our guest with best hospitality.

The entire team extend their gratitude for your remarkable appreciations and assure you to deliver the unsurpassed hospitality always.

Thank you so much for your support and recommendation!!

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Oberoi Udaivilas on banks of Lake Pichola.

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Justly rated amongst the best hotels in the world, the property is so huge that one can get lost / confounded by its sheer size. The property is amazingly located on the shores of a lake, and replicates in a realistic manner the opulence and grandeur of the bygone days of the maharajas.
The rooms are large and very well appointed and the bathrooms are as well. the only challenge is that the rooms lead directly off the corridor, so sound does carry a bit.
The lakeside dining experience is unique.
The hospitality of the staff is legendary and the training tells.
The cuisine is excellent and each meal is an experience by itself.
The hotel even boasts a sort of a private deer park which can be seen from a cordoned off area of the hotel. You have peacocks strutting about in all their glory.
There is also a 100+ year old viewing gallery which was built for the maharajas to witness blood sport. The frescos on the walls of this building are amazing and the hotel employee who shows you around has been a part of its history for the past 65 years.
A must stay destination for the special occasion! I was lucky enough to enjoy the Udai Vilas experience as a part of an exclusive business event that was hosted at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful and descriptive review.

Udaipur is the jewel of Mewar, beautiful city surrounded by tranquil water lakes and Aravalli ranges of Rajasthan. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay thoroughly in this region of Rajasthan.

Our resort is the reflection of the rich heritage of Mewar, designed with Mugal and Mewari architecture. It is build on the hunting grounds of Maharajas and “ Bada Mahal” is the wild life conservatory where our guests can feed the wild animals and birds. I am glad to know that you had enjoyed these moments had the cherished memories.