“There is no place like this”

The Oberoi Udaivilas
Ranked #3 of 175 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is an expensive place for people who have great taste and have arrived so much that a few thousand dollars don't matter. The location and architecture are breathtaking. Go for lake view rooms, they open up into a pool with lake in front.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing you experience with us.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I am happy to know that you have enjoyed the accommodation, hospitality and beautiful surroundings at The Oberoi Udaivilas

Thank you so much for your everlasting compliments.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Oberoi Udaivilas on the banks of Lake Pichola.

Best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,004)

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The best doesn't require any reviews for validation. For me ...... things summarize the experience:

Location: Awesome
Food: Fantastic
Stay: Peaceful and Luxurious
Staff: Wonderful
Hospitality: Fabulous

I am a little late in writing the review; but if you haven't visited Oberoi udiavilas, you have missed something in your life. A must visit place for people who want tranquility, luxury, food and hospitality.

It's sheer luxury, but what separates udiavilas from other hotels is it's staff and people!
Kudos..Will visit Amarvillas soon..

Room Tip: rooms with private pool
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review!!!

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we all are glad that we were able to serve you with warm hospitality and perfectly. Your such words of appreciation encourage us to thrive the best.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Oberoi kingdom - on the bank of Lake Pichola, overlooking the many sights of Udaipur for more cherished memories,.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Oberoi Udaivillas !!!! We decided to friends reunion at Udaivillas because it is listed as the fifth top hotels in the world. Our preference was to visit Udaivillas and not to Udaipur. We decided to take a boat to reach the hotel and had a lovely experience. It was drizzling and the climate was amazing.
The architecture is beautiful and is worth every single penny spent for a room night. No doubts its pricey but still worth. I recommend the buffet lunch and if you are looking for a romantic dinner then this is the place.

Room Tip: no matter where you are stay its beautiful
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and visiting the Oberoi Udaivilas.

We are pleased to hear you have thoroughly enjoyed our hospitality, services and facilities and we were able to par your expectations. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation, support and recommendation.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best of Oberoi hospitality.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Oberoi Udaivilas is one of the fantastic properties in Udaipur. Luxury Personafied. Vary nicely done rooms, great terrace restaurant and service at its best. Very conveniently located near the lake. The architecture is beautiful and is worth every single penny spent for a room night. No doubts its pricey but still worth it. Surely will recommend this hotel for its class and services.

Room Tip: Room with a private pools are quite good
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review.

We strive everyday to deliver the best attention and services to our guests. I am proud and delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

Please contact me directly when you next intend to travel to Udaipur or to any Oberoi destination, I would be delighted to have the chance of welcoming you once again.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have stayed in some of the best resorts in the world so I was bit skeptical when I heard the good feedback from my coworkers who had been there earlier.

My perception changed the moment they picked me up from airport. I knew something great was in store for me.

Its sheer luxury!

They will spoil you, they will take care of you brilliantly! They will customize anything and everything as per your taste and comfort!

Ideal would be if you don’t go there for work. Go there with your kids, family, parents, loved ones….and simply enjoy the pampering they do to you. Just relax and have fun.

My daughter still remembers the hotel staff who were extremely friendly, the chef who made special delicacies for her, the pool, the lake & the openness in the resort.

You will feel like a king or queen.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: Choose a lake facing room. However they are charged extra.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the beautiful review.

Your appreciation about the services, surrounding and staff are really very special and exceptional. We are glad to know that we were able to made a relaxing environment for you and it was a memorable stay with us.

We all look forward to welcome you back in not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Oberoi Udaivillas !!!! We decided to have a vacation at Udaivillas because it is listed as the fifth top hotels in the world. Our preference was to visit Udaivillas and not to Udaipur. We decided to take a boat to reach the hotel and had a lovely experience. It was drizzling and the climate was amazing. The first thing i.e. the boat ride to the hotel was a moment to cherish for. I never expected the lake to be so beautiful. Lake pichola is something that India possess ! We reached the hotel and was served with a Rose Iced tea and it was to die for !!!
Coming to the beauty and the architecture of Udaivillas... Alas! I think it is the most beautiful hotel i have ever, ever seen in the world so far. It is sheer beauty ! No matter from where u cross the hotel, it is crafted with brains. I loved the tombs ! They r huge and reflects the true Indian heritage. The lake view overlooking the pool from the balcony of the room is hypnotizing. It can make u feel numb. The rooms and the bathroom are spacious enough. I loved the decor. They have tried to give pure ethnic details from Bed spread to bath robes. The room has a contemporary look keeping in view all the ethnic details. The property is so huge that it is difficult to maintain it but hats off that they had been maintaining it and it shows. Every moment you will find housekeeping cleaning the walk ways.
The hospitality and food is very good but it is not as good as it's other property Wild Flower Hall in Mashobra. I feel that Udaivilas should have even better hospitality and food than Wild Flower. Infact if you pick the beauty of Udaivilas and hospitality & food of Wild Flower Hall, it might be the top hotel of the world ;). When Oberoi group can provide a even better hospitality and food at its sister concern, am sure it can very well provide it at Oberoi Udaivillas. So i would request Mr. Vincent to take it further. The service, hospitality and food should match the beauty of the hotel, which is actually incredible! Udaivillas still has a little scope to reach higher standards.
The breakfast was whatever you want to eat kinds. You are free to order whatever you want and they try to make it. The food is good but somehow it is not excellent.
We happen to meet few servers and chef, who had already worked at other properties of Oberoi. They have a rotation system that makes the employees learn more.
The servers and chef was always eager to serve you with what you want; very generous enough. The service is quick and excellent.
The concierge was average. They should know more details than they have. I asked them about few shops suggested by the hotel itself but they were clueless as how they places are or what they actually sell.
We visited Leela and trust me it's no where near to udaivillas in terms of anything.

Oberoi Udaivillas is a place to be !!!!! I have said above that the food and the hospitality is not as good as Wild Flower hall doesn't mean it is not good. It is still better than any hotel in Udaipur or for that matter in India. I am just comparing it with their own property.
I can bet UDAIVILLAS is the most beautiful property in the world !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the incredible review. And indeed the property set amongst 30 acres of gardens is sheer beauty!

We are delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. We strive everyday to deliver the best experiences to our guests and extremely grateful when these are being recognized. Chef Vikas and Akash have just taken over the kitchen helm and are making wonders. So they both look forward to your return.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi Group and Udaivilas.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to organise any Oberoi trip.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

A royal birthday treat I loved the rajvilas property and their hospitality so my husband took me to udaivilas ranked as no 1 in royal getaways and I agree to that as we experienced a warm ,fulfilling ,outstanding service .We stayed in the rooms witha semi private pool the view was outstanding ,the whole experience was so calm ,serene and a feeling of being cared for ,I think oberoi hospitality reaches out to their guests in every little way with their prompt service , spa, beauty and not too forget my personal experience of a me war and Rajasthani cuisine with chef Sachin Kumar putting up an amazing royal sampler ,and this coming from a Celebrity Chef and a food connoisseur ,all have to say is keep up the great work and am waiting to visit again .

Room Tip: Rooms with a semi private room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to know you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for the exceptional words of praises. It give me immense pleasure to passed on your compliments to Sachin and to each team member who participated in making your stay memorable.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in not too distant future.