The Oberoi Udaivilas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Leela Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
  • Restaurant
Sargam Sadan(Udaipur)
  • Restaurant
Amet Haveli(Udaipur)
  • Breakfast included
2,059 results
All reviewssemi private poolspa poolankush mahajanlake picholapremier roomthe general managerrose petalswildlife sanctuarybest hotels in the worldbeautiful hotelcity palaceimpeccable serviceboat ridetreated like royaltyroyal experienceonce in a lifetimewild boar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

It's a beautiful and large property and Oberoi's hospitality is always special. But during my stay faced tough time with hot water. Due to maintenance hotel informed that between 12am to 5pm hot water will not be available in washrooms. Had to leave for Jaipur at 9 and hence tried using hot water at 7am but the same was muddy and the housekeeping kept in telling that it's being resolved and will take another 10 mins. The height was when ultimately at 845 when I asked for buckets of hot water it took them half an hr to arrange and there again they kept on saying that the person is on his way. This is something which no one expects from a property like Udaivilas. Ultimately I had to take shower with cold water as I was getting late. As per this experience I would say their housekeeping department sucks.

Stayed: December 2013
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Guest

I am writing to you regarding your recent visit to Udaivilas and to The Oberoi Udaivilas. I take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and hope you are enjoying the festive season.

On behalf of the team, I thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback regarding the shortfalls in Housekeeping service and the experience during your stay with respect to non availability of hot water supply in the guestroom.

We are extremely repentant for the inconvenience caused to you due an unforeseen hot water shutdown in our Plant room for which we advised all our guests the night prior in addition. Please trust in the substantiation that we have tried our level best to resolve the repairs and shut down as soon as possible as we would have prized to see none of our guests get discomforted due to the shutdown.
Please accept our sincerest and unconditional apologies for the inconvenience you were caused.

We trust you would agree that this circumstance was unforeseen and we agree we could have enhanced this deficit in service.

We value your patronage and sincerely request you to treat this incident in isolation and not let it mar your overall impression of our hotel services and product.

My team and I very much look forward to welcome you back to Udaipur and Udaivilas.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 23 December 2013

My wife and I spend a couple of nights at the Udaivilas in early December. We were there to celebrate her birthday. The property is huge, spread over 50 acres, and offers beautiful views of the Pichola lake. The rooms are spacious and service is very good. It has all the ingredients that make the Oberoi not just the best hotel chain in India but also one of the finest in the world. A special mention to the head chef Akash Singh. Not only did he take personal care to make sure all our meals were perfect, he also shared the recipies of the dishes we liked and gave my wife a special class of these dishes in his kitchen. On the whole a great experience and I would truly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a romantic holiday.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view of the lake. The views are incredible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi Udaivilas on this special occasion and for sharing your wonderful feedback.

Udaivilas is build on the hunting lounge of Maharana. I am glad to know that you have loved the property and have thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

It gives me immense pleasure to share your unsurpassed words of appreciation with the team members. Each and every employee at the Oberoi hotels and resorts strive hard to succeed in delighting the guest. Thank you for recognizing Chef Akash for his personal attention. Our Chef aims to satisfy every palate with the very best of International and Indian Cuisine.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in our properties worldwide, in the near future.

Should I be of any help to facilitate any of your reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Amazing place to stay, brilliant hospitality, personalized & warm care by the staff, breathtaking ambience and great food. Though it is upscale its a complete value for money experience. Fantastic!gr8

Room Tip: all the rooms face out into the swimming pool and have a personal patio. There are also rooms with your personal swimming pool which you can opt for.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We are pleased to hear you have thoroughly enjoyed our hospitality, services and facilities and we were able to par your expectations. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation, support and recommendation.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best of Oberoi hospitality.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel was one of the finest I stayed in. What makes the experience so special is the amazing attention to detail and most qualified staff I have ever come across. The views of the lake, the food and the serenity of this place make it unique. During my stay the staff went above and beyond to make sure it was memorable. Well done Oberoi!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing on trip advisor and for sharing your wonderful review with us.

Our resort is the reflection of the rich heritage of Mewar, designed with Mugal and Mewari architecture. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed these moments and had the cherished memories.

It is the encouraging feedback from patrons like you which keeps us motivated to strive for excellence in all aspects and we value it a lot. Thank you once again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to organize any Oberoi trip.

We are looking forward to welcome you on your next trip to Udaipur.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We were three couples traveling together on a sixteen day trip to India. After reading the reviews, we decided to treat ourselves to a two day stay at the Oberoi Udaivilas. This hotel stay became one of the highlights of our trip. From the moment of check in until the time we checked out, the hotel did not disappoint. The property itself is breathtaking and the rooms are spacious and well equipped. Every member of the staff made us feel like royalty. This is the best hotel we have ever seen!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank chayanovetsky

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the beautiful review.

Your appreciation about the rooms, grounds, spa, staff are really very special and exceptional. We are glad to know that we were able to made a relaxing environment for you and it was a memorable stay with us.

We all look forward to welcome you back in not too distant future.