The Oberoi Udaivilas
US$472
US$93
US$58
Hotel The Tiger(Udaipur)(Great Value!)
US$12
  • Restaurant
US$131
US$110
  • Pool
The Leela Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
US$338
US$91
US$100
US$74
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Aashiya Haveli(Udaipur)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$28
  • Free Internet
US$62
US$52
US$60
US$30
2,058 results
All reviewssemi private poolspa poolankush mahajanlake picholapremier roomthe general managerrose petalswildlife sanctuarybest hotels in the worldbeautiful hotelcity palaceimpeccable serviceboat ridetreated like royaltyroyal experienceonce in a lifetimewild boar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Fabulous physical setting, obviously friendly staff, but LOOK OUT FOR THE FOOD! It is so disappointing to pay $600 a night and find yourself in a truly lousy Indian restaurant with dishwater soup claiming to be tomato, and a frantic, bizarre, rice biryani with a terrible mix of spices, ungoverned by thought or experience. I mean UNCONDITIONALLY TERRIBLE FOOD.

We have dined in great destination restaurants in India, including Bukhara in Delhi and Cinnamon in Jaipur. We like good Indian food and enjoyed it in many hotels during our five weeks in India, but NOT HERE! I do not normally write critical or negative reviews, preferring to accept what comes my way. But for a top-rated, luxury hotel, the Oberoi management needs to hear this : WHERE IS YOUR FOCUS ON FOOD QUALITY AND DINING at your hotels? I would have accepted mediocre dishes, but this was way below anything since the cold buffet in sleepy Khajuraho village in the middle of nowhere. I am writing to warn folks that as of December 2013, there is NO QUALITY CONTROL on the kitchen antics at the Oberoi Udaivilas. If you want a hotel where the food matches the physical plant, visit a Taj property instead. We paid $100 for dinner and wish we had not even stopped by. The miserable dining experience lowers the overall rating for this grand hotel to poor, from otherwise splendid. DO NOT EAT HERE !

Room Tip: Garden rooms have a private outdoor sitting area, very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cal_Izard
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and to get an opportunity to take feedback from you on quality of food at The Oberoi Udaivilas.

I am disappointed that despite my detailed conversation and personal involvement, I could not deliver a culinary experience that matched your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies.

At Oberoi Hotels, maintaining authenticity of Indian food is of prime importance. We follow traditional recipes to give our guests a meaningful experience away from high street outlets. I was under the impression that post our discussion I was able to offer you regional dishes just as you would have preferred - in the authentic style. It seems the our efforts fell short and we were not able to please you. I will personally review recipes of the dishes you had selected to identify any scope of improvement.

I was looking forward to personally cook for you the day after our meeting but sadly that could not happen as you had other plans.

Thank you so much for your appreciation of the hotel and the services. Please treat your experience with the food as a one off incident and not a representation of our usual standards.

Entire team at The Oberoi Udaivilas looks forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Best regards,

Vikas Vichare
Executive Chef

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

It's a beautiful and large property and Oberoi's hospitality is always special. But during my stay faced tough time with hot water. Due to maintenance hotel informed that between 12am to 5pm hot water will not be available in washrooms. Had to leave for Jaipur at 9 and hence tried using hot water at 7am but the same was muddy and the housekeeping kept in telling that it's being resolved and will take another 10 mins. The height was when ultimately at 845 when I asked for buckets of hot water it took them half an hr to arrange and there again they kept on saying that the person is on his way. This is something which no one expects from a property like Udaivilas. Ultimately I had to take shower with cold water as I was getting late. As per this experience I would say their housekeeping department sucks.

Stayed: December 2013
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Guest

I am writing to you regarding your recent visit to Udaivilas and to The Oberoi Udaivilas. I take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and hope you are enjoying the festive season.

On behalf of the team, I thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback regarding the shortfalls in Housekeeping service and the experience during your stay with respect to non availability of hot water supply in the guestroom.

We are extremely repentant for the inconvenience caused to you due an unforeseen hot water shutdown in our Plant room for which we advised all our guests the night prior in addition. Please trust in the substantiation that we have tried our level best to resolve the repairs and shut down as soon as possible as we would have prized to see none of our guests get discomforted due to the shutdown.
Please accept our sincerest and unconditional apologies for the inconvenience you were caused.

We trust you would agree that this circumstance was unforeseen and we agree we could have enhanced this deficit in service.

We value your patronage and sincerely request you to treat this incident in isolation and not let it mar your overall impression of our hotel services and product.

My team and I very much look forward to welcome you back to Udaipur and Udaivilas.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 23 December 2013

My wife and I spend a couple of nights at the Udaivilas in early December. We were there to celebrate her birthday. The property is huge, spread over 50 acres, and offers beautiful views of the Pichola lake. The rooms are spacious and service is very good. It has all the ingredients that make the Oberoi not just the best hotel chain in India but also one of the finest in the world. A special mention to the head chef Akash Singh. Not only did he take personal care to make sure all our meals were perfect, he also shared the recipies of the dishes we liked and gave my wife a special class of these dishes in his kitchen. On the whole a great experience and I would truly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a romantic holiday.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view of the lake. The views are incredible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi Udaivilas on this special occasion and for sharing your wonderful feedback.

Udaivilas is build on the hunting lounge of Maharana. I am glad to know that you have loved the property and have thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

It gives me immense pleasure to share your unsurpassed words of appreciation with the team members. Each and every employee at the Oberoi hotels and resorts strive hard to succeed in delighting the guest. Thank you for recognizing Chef Akash for his personal attention. Our Chef aims to satisfy every palate with the very best of International and Indian Cuisine.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in our properties worldwide, in the near future.

Should I be of any help to facilitate any of your reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Amazing place to stay, brilliant hospitality, personalized & warm care by the staff, breathtaking ambience and great food. Though it is upscale its a complete value for money experience. Fantastic!gr8

Room Tip: all the rooms face out into the swimming pool and have a personal patio. There are also rooms with your personal swimming pool which you can opt for.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We are pleased to hear you have thoroughly enjoyed our hospitality, services and facilities and we were able to par your expectations. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation, support and recommendation.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best of Oberoi hospitality.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel was one of the finest I stayed in. What makes the experience so special is the amazing attention to detail and most qualified staff I have ever come across. The views of the lake, the food and the serenity of this place make it unique. During my stay the staff went above and beyond to make sure it was memorable. Well done Oberoi!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing on trip advisor and for sharing your wonderful review with us.

Our resort is the reflection of the rich heritage of Mewar, designed with Mugal and Mewari architecture. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed these moments and had the cherished memories.

It is the encouraging feedback from patrons like you which keeps us motivated to strive for excellence in all aspects and we value it a lot. Thank you once again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to organize any Oberoi trip.

We are looking forward to welcome you on your next trip to Udaipur.