“We loved Jagat Niwas Palace Hotel in UDAIPUR and we will be back”

Jagat Niwas Palace Hotel
Ranked #13 of 156 Hotels in Udaipur
New Delhi, India
“We loved Jagat Niwas Palace Hotel in UDAIPUR and we will be back”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I would like to share my good experience on my stay with Jagat Niwas Palace Hotel, UDAIPUR . Everything was good about this hotel
1) Professional staff
2) Good Hygienic room
3) Reasonable room rent
Just that, they should review there food cost as it was on higher side. But over all , good experience
Regards
Kaushik Kumar

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Kaushik K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The hotel though not the most affordable in the area has some of the best views of lake Pichola. The rooms has a small window area offering excellent views of lake Pichola. The restaurant, though a bit pricier is great and offers great relaxation and is located on the rooftop

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Praveen123pks
Solvang, CA
Reviewed 28 July 2011

If I had only one stop with which to explore India, I would visit the city of Udaipur and stay at the Jagat Niwas Palace. From this elegant and reasonably priced hotel, you get the views of the lake and impressive floating palaces, as well as full immersion into local Indian culture. Temples and shrines abound, the history is rich, local life surrounds you, and there are plenty of shopping opportunities. I easily could have spent 4-5 days exploring here as the representative stop in Rajasthan. To crown the adventure, plan to have dinner at the Lake Palace, complete with boat ride and fancy dinner attire.

Room Tip: This one is worth booking the lake view rooms!
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank GWilsonSteele
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 30 April 2011

We spend a weekend at the Jagat Niwar Palace, and had the room on the ground floor towards the lake, which has it's own rest area hanging over the water, and as it is sticking out from the building you have excellent view to all directions of the lake.
The roof-top restaurant also has an excellent view, and the food is good. I can recommend this hotel for a romantic get-away to Udaipur.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AllanF02
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We stayed for four nights in total and although the lake was fairly dry this didn't make this lake side hotel any less enjoyable.

Arriving quite tired from Jodhpur via Ranakpur and Khumbalgarh I was at first disappointed when we were shown our "partial lake view" room. I would have been able to get a full lake view room but hesitated during booking and then it was reserved for someone else. Anyway, the partial lake view room looked across the courtyard and through the restaurant windows you could see the lake. Not exactly what I had wanted but never mind. The room itself was beautiful and my kids slept in the bay style beds, one single, one double, whilst the wife and I slept in the normal double bed.

I was so glad we had this room as it was here that I recovered from a bad case of Delhi Belly (got from elsewhere I hasten to add) and once arriving I never left the room for two whole days. I learned to love my partial lake view :-)

After three nights we had to moved to a non lake view room - again due to my hesitation in booking - and we were pleasantly surprised how nice this cheaper room was. (Rs1450 whereas the partial lake view was Rs2450).

The restaurant food was generally too westernised for me although given the predicament I was in whilst there I was actually quite glad of this. The hotel was very clean, the food very good, the lower restaurant was great for a lazy breakfast and the roof top terrace restaurant excellent for an evening meal.

I liked the tip-box as you don't feel under pressure to tip whilst there and the staff were so attentive and courteous, from the reception, to the porters, to the waiters, to the managers.
I really liked the way even the highest personnel would pick up any small litter they saw, rather than send out a lowly staff member to do it.

The location of this hotel is also excellent and I hope one day to be able to return...when the lake is full.

Room Tip: Book early to get the best rooms
  • Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kwinchco
derbyshire
Reviewed 10 April 2011

A great little Heritage hotel with friendly staff, particularly the travel desk just outside the main door. The lakeview room was worth the little extra. A comfy bed with a large window seat the size of another double bed. Great views over to The Lake Palace. The roof top restaurant had good food, a fabulous view of the lake and both the lake palaces and the city palace. A bit difficult to drive to through very narrow streets, but an easy 2 minute walk to the City Palace past rubbish piles,cows,dodgy overhead cables and pestering shop salesmen, TukTuk drivers and rickshaw wallahs.....all good fun.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Scottburgh, South Africa
Reviewed 8 April 2011

what a wonderful experience. so wonderful, in fact, that we changed our plans in order to spend more time at the JNP. the hotel was pristine, the food outstanding and the views breathtaking. all the staff were helpful & friendly and by the end of our week there the restaurant staff knew that we were happiest relaxing in one of the jharokhas, a Tom Collins in hand.

Room Tip: room 103 was wonderful, room 107 slightly noisy
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family