Stayed here at the end of a wonderful 16 day tour of Rajastan staying in heritage hotels. This hotel has wonderful interiors, and has 6 suites. I also stayed in room 504 and would agree with the previous review of this room - take your own hairdrier! However, fellow travellers stayed in 505 and 506, which were luxurious suites. We had a choice and I took 504 because it had a lake view. Amazed at the comment made about the lakeside restaurant. Had superb food here both at breakfast and dinner, but it did take a while to appear as it was all cooked fresh to order. Waiters were excellent and the chef came to check with us that we had enjoyed our meal. View across lake was wonderful. The museum is very interesting and the crystal gallery (additional charge) is worth seeing. We had excellent afternoon tea here too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where once the Maharanas of Mewar held court, today you can hold forthLocated on the eastern shores of the picturesque Lake Pichola, the palace seems to have floated straight out of a fairytale.The history-soaked interiors, dotted with miniature paintings, portraits, royal artefacts and the armoury of the Mewar dynasty transport you to legendary times.The suites and rooms decorated with original paintings and period furniture from the toshakhanas or royal storerooms, cocoon you in velvety luxury as you soak in the ever-changing hues of the lake from large arched windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Fateh Prakash Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fateh Prakash Palace Udaipur
- Fateh Prakash Palace Hotel Udaipur