We stayed at Lake Pichola hotel for Christmas 2013 and were fortunate to get a lake facing suite. The good parts:
1. The view: The best thing about the hotel is the view... It is situated right on Lake Pichola facing the beautiful old monuments that make the skyline of Udaipur (check pictures). The view from our room was such that we spent most of the time sitting one one of the 2 balconies in our room that hung right over the lake. We could spot eagles fishing in the lake and migratory birds sitting on an island inside the lake.
2. The location: The location of the hotel is the next best thing about it: it is right in the middle of the old part of town with most monuments just walking distance from the hotel. The streets around the hotel are quite narrow and it is better to walk or take a rikshaw than to take a cab.
3. The service: After our experience with Udai Kothi across the road we found the service at Lake Pichola hotel very good, friendly and accommodating. It was quick and friendly and courteous.
4. The rooms: Our lake facing suite was beautiful. The room had 2 covered balconies over the lake: one with low seating and the other with a swing. Kids had a great time on the swing. The rooms were clean and spacious.
5. The decor: The decor of the hotel is authentic but can be more stylish than what it is right now. With the location and the view and the service the way they are, if the decor, ambiance, and bathrooms can be upgraded, this hotel can be one of the best properties to stay in Udaipur.
6. The bathrooms: The bathroom was spacious, clean and had hot water round the clock. But it lacked the kind of style and elegance one would expect after looking at the rooms and public areas of the hotel. (check pictures)
7. Food: We had breakfast which was included in our package and it was adequate and comparable to other hotels in this category. Other than that we found the food a bit on the spicier side.
8. The spa is nothing more than a room with a masseuse and is quite tacky and must be avoided.
9. Umre the rooftop restaurant has great ambiance and view. We did not sample the food there.
I would strongly recommend that if you decide to stay in the hotel, only go for the lake facing rooms or suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LPH is a beautiful hotel on the banks of Pichola Lake. 85% of the rooms have have balconies hanging on the lake overlooking the majestic palaces and the walled city of Udaipur. It has a stunning roof top wid 360 degrees view and an elegant restaurant called Chandni. It has a palatial lobby with 8 Bohemian chandeliers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Lake Pichola Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Pichola Udaipur
- Hotel Lake Pichola