In general, we were happy with a relaxing stay here. It was a little pricey but we were willing to pay for the respite from madness that can be India. Would stay here again.
- Location - From this hotel, it's a quick walk around town, over the river, and into the old town. There are more standard options (Sheraton) outside of town, but they're all a taxi ride away. It's nice to have it at your fingertips.
- Views - From the rooftop, there are great lookouts of the city. The pool is also a nice touch. After being exhausted from travel, it was nice to just chill out with a book and mango lassi for a couple hours in the afternoon.
- Food - Contrary to some other reviews, I very much enjoyed the food at the restaurant. The service isn't quite right (sometimes we waited a while) but the quality was great.
- Rooms - As with most of India, the rooms aren't excellent by Western standards. The rooms were very outdated but we had no major problems - the bed was comfortable, the tv worked, and the bathroom was clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Though within a short, pleasant stroll from the heart of old city, Udai Kothi is remarkable for its tranquility and magnificence.Conceptualized, designed, created and run by Kunwar Vishwavijay and his wife Bhuwneshwari Kumari, Udai Kothi is a superbly modern hotel, which pampers you with all the facilities, amenities and luxuries a 21st century traveler expects. While Udai Kothi is modern at heart, the owners have made every effort to incorporate all those architectural and decorative features that make living in the city of Udaipur a pleasure. Udai Kothi offers guests the best of both worlds; the latest standards, blending happily with old-world charm.The elegant rooftop restaurant with its cool palm court makes a perfect retreat the midday heat. Dine in the evening in a romantic ambience, muted lighting, gentle music, shining cutlery and spotless napery. The reflection of the illuminated palaces in the waters of the lake and the twinkling lights of the city won’t fail to enchant you. We offer a high standard of cuisine form a comprehensive menu. Upon the terrace discover a perfect spot to relax, or swim in Udaipur’s only rooftop pool; away form the noise and bustle of the city street with the restaurant close-at-hand to supply you with drinks, snacks or meals, and musical entertainment in the evening.Each guestroom has its own character and style, with carefully selected furniture, soft furnishings and décor; and a delightful view that can be savored form the jharokha (window seat). Spacious lawns stretch out on the South side of the hotel, bordered with multicolored climbing Bougainvillea and other beautiful shrubs and flowers, an ideal venue for large celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Udai Kothi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Udai Kothi Udaipur
- Udai Kothi Hotel