Hotel Udai Kothi
US$28
Hotel Lakend(Udaipur)
US$104
US$97
The Leela Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
US$330
US$498
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Taj Lake Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
US$395
1,158 results
All reviewsrooftop poolmarble bathboutique hotellake picholabeautiful hotelold cityfour poster bedupgraded to a suitecity palacenarrow streetsgarden viewsitting areaboat rideindiaambiencealcovepassword
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed at many hotels in India but this was the most lovely. Our room was fantastic we had a marble bath. Even the door to get into our room was full of character and a unique design. It is a very narrow road leading to the hotel, I would not like to drive up it. There is a roof top swimming pool and restaurant. We went as a family with our teenage daughter. There are many examples of tiles with mirrors as decorations on the walls of the hotel which are very pretty.

Room Tip: We had room 6 which was large for a family. It was on the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This was one of my favorite hotels likely because I loved loved loved Udaipur the most (although my foot was run over by a truck). The hotel is a bit off the main street which is great and means its quiet and there are less cars to run you over. I had room #10 (I think) the first two nights. It was so so. Bathroom smelled but it was a very unique layout with the mattress on the floor. I don't think it is a great room because they called me and offered to put me in another room partly through my stay and the room they moved me to was amazing. It was in the wing of the building (I'm guessing newer) versus #10 being in the main building. In any event I liked the hotel very much. The roof top is amazing. Breakfast ok but the breakfast room a tad crowded sometimes. Who cares though about that....it was a great hotel and I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Go for the separate single floor wing of the hotel versus the main building.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This palace hotel is stunning outside and in, I loved the pictures and memorabilia of the maharajas family displayed in the hallways. We were met in the reception area with a drink and garland, showed to a lovely room on the 3rd floor. Beautifully decorated, it held a 4 poster bed, and seating area with cushions on the floor, the room was air conditioned and comfortable. The rooftop pool is cool, refreshing and very clean considering the number of pigeons that come to drink from it, the surrounding seating area is lovely and relaxing. The Indian food in the restaurant was very good although we found both the outdoor restaurant and the breakfast room much too crowded. There is not enough room in either place for adequate seating. The location of the hotel is excellent, the little alley ways around the hotel are great for exploring and shopping. It is only minutes from the palace gates once you know how to get there. Enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We spent two nights at Udai Kothi beginning of April and wished we could have stayed another day. We had a lovely room on the ground floor overlooking the garden, beautifully decorated in traditional style with an amazingly huge bathroom - the marble bath was certainly not for one person!! good shower too. It was very hot during our visit and the pool was a great place to cool off and relax. Our evening meal in the restaurant was authentic Indian food which we enjoyed. The hotel is well located for walking and exploring in the little lanes, with shops and other eateries nearby. As a matter of interest, we did a cooking course at Shashi's across the river and it was certainly a highlight of our trip - traditional food and a scrumptious meal to enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Muggins01
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My friend and i stayed here for one night in March and it was an amazing experience! we stayed in one of the garden suites which was the most magnificent place i have ever seen! the rooms were so impressive, the staff were super nice and the pool and restaurant area... i do not even know what to say! it was spectacular! i have never seen such a beautiful, relaxing pool area! the food was great and i could not fault anything about this place! the location is great and the view just stunning! such a lovely walk through the windy streets to the town area with lots of shopping and extremely friendly, amazing people! i would like to thank everybody at this amazing establishment for giving us the best experience!!

Room Tip: Garden suites! you will never want to leave!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends