Hotel Udai Kothi
  • Breakfast included
Karohi Haveli(Udaipur)
  • Room Service
1,157 results
All reviewsrooftop poolmarble bathboutique hotellake picholabeautiful hotelold cityfour poster bedupgraded to a suitecity palacenarrow streetsgarden viewsitting areaboat rideindiaambiencealcovepassword
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2013

What a lovely city. The Hotel was a very nice place to stay. My room was small, but for one person just fine. My friends in 'doubles' had much bigger rooms. The garden is an oasis in a busy city. The rooms had nice touches - flowers in the room, coffee/tea maker, cookies, mini-bar, free wifi! The bathroom was fine, though the tub for the shower was a bit high to easily climb in and out of (for old people anyway). It had a hair dryer, magnifying mirror, toothbrush/paste, as well as usual soap/shampoo gels. Now the rooftop restaurant - the views were spectacular. The service in the enclosed part was very slow. Took us an hour to get our food. If you are there when Tour groups are there, they take over the outside eating area, so if you want to eat there, reserve a table way in advance, just in case. Breakfast is good but got off to a late start, 7:15 am, and the egg chef didn't start til 7:30 am.

Room Tip: The rooms right under the rooftop restaurant are noisy - can hear people walking.
Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Beverlz
Neelam20, General Manager at Hotel Udai Kothi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Greetings from Udai Kothi!!!

Thank you for staying at Udai Kothi and giving us your valuable feedback. Apologizes for the delay at the restaurant, shall certainly look into the matter.
I assure you on the next visit we shall certainly meet up to your expectations.

Looking forward on your next visit.

Warm Regards

General Manager.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Guest welcoming was nice. Room and espcialy the bathroom were impressive. Dinners at the terrace were above-average. so me and my friedns, we loved Udai Kothi. if i go to Udaipur once more, i can stay Udai Kothi again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank elcingurer
Neelam20, General Manager at Hotel Udai Kothi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Greetings from Udai Kothi!!!

Thank you very much for your valuable time in sending us the feedback. It was our pleasure to have lovely guest like you visit our property.

We are glad we could meet your expectations.

Looking forward on your next visit .

Reviewed 30 November 2013

If you want to have fun on the lake side, wanna experience the royal feeling of Prince- Princess & enjoy the comforts of a hotel at

the same time then Udai Kothi,Udaipur is the best place to stay.
I must say that the entrance to the property is one-of-a-kind!The Royal Palace look,extended interior & huge beautiful painting in

reception area with glooming lanterns and lamps.The small tumblers filled with Marigold flowers & lighted beautiful U-shaped candles

are well placed in and around the Hotel. Oh my god! What a wonderful way to welcome its guests? You are quickly welcomed by the front

desk personnel with a welcome drink & a marigold mala as you check in.
The hotel has a very lush green foliage & the front street takes you to the Lake side restaurent! What more can one want? Most of the

rooms overlook the lush mini garden at the centre of the property. The rooms from inside are well built and are spacious enough for a

comfortable stay with separate dinning space.The Bathrooms are clean & well maintained.The maintenance staff serves with Smile &

warmth of Udaipur's tradition.
The swimming pool on the 3 floor roof top is a great place to hang out & make new friends because of the extended "Dining Area" which

is an open terrace restaurent – yeah you heard it right! The multi-cuisine restaurant is located on the third floor just above the

rooms. It has a very warm decor inside & also serves its guests in the open air. I preferred the open air option because it gave a

very good bird's eye view of the Udaipur with the view extending to "Pichola Lake". The unique thing i liked about this hotel was

"Museum"- yes you read it correct, the hotel is a museum in itself. Pictures of Maharaja Udai singh & his family, Posters and Painting

extended on the walls of Staircases gives u a feeling of Museum also.
The stay in Udai Kothi,Udaipur was full of fun, joy for me & it will be fun for any other traveller as well.

Room Tip: Rooms in the central block gives u the look for central mini garden.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KiranHeena25

Greetings from Udai Kothi!!!

We are glad we could meet your expectations.

Looking forward on your next visit .

Reviewed 25 November 2013

It was our wedding anniversary and this was a trip planned just at the last moment. From the time we landed up on the reception till I left the premises highly disappointed, we were treated with blank,cold,hostile and ' we care a damn' kind of faces and gestures.. So here's a detailed account :

We booked a Room through Hotels.com which as per description, was supposed to have a King-size bed + single bed + LCD TV & DVD Player. On arrival, we were guided to a dinghy room (room no 103) which had two single beds (Forget King-size) and a TV of 1970's (older than me). After calling up the receptionist at least 4 times asking him to change the room and provide us a room with a double bed, a stern verdict finally came by and it was that we were asking for moon and Udai Kothi wont do the honours ! Fair enough. Isn't it ?
Disappointed, me and my partner walked up to the reception to argue our case and a "tooth and nail" fight with their GM - Ms Neelam ensued for good about 15-20 minutes !!! Anyway, my persistence finally paid and she conceded to offer me a free upgrade to a suite. As a gesture,she also sent two pieces of cake & tart for us in our room to make up for all the misdemeanor and inconvenience. But I must say it was all done like a big favour is being done on us whereas it actually was a result of 20 minutes pitched battle and at the culmination of ~ 1.5 hours of harassment !! Lolz .. :D

This so called suite given to us (no. 4) had no ventilation, forget sit out - not even chairs to sit and filthy upholstery and stench in the bathroom. The bed was a 6'x5' queens bed with dirty linens hanging around its frame. But I decided not to raise this observation with them as I did not want anymore arguments/brawls.

This was not the end, we went upstairs to the rooftop restaurant ,booked a place for two and told the restaurant manager that we would come at 8 pm. I even told him that if I have to pay a premium for reserving a place, I am willing to do that. When we reached there sharp at 8 pm, we found the place was already occupied by another couple ! He then started making up stories and trying to offer us a different place on the sides of a table which was occupied by a group !!! Ridiculous is an understatement.. We had to just leave the restaurant and go out looking for alternate dining options as that was the only choice.

Even this is not the end !! There are some more issues I faced during my short stay of <24h and "IF AT ALL" the hotel owners care to know them and resolve them, they are welcome to call me on my mobile.. but I assume you don't care.. :D

Udai Kothi - I am seldom in the blaming mode but let me say it today- You did all that you could to spoil my anniversary. I did have a great time that evening but that was by exercising my own ingenuity .. As far as you are concerned, well ... Never again !!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ARVIND T
Neelam20, General Manager at Hotel Udai Kothi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Greetings from Udai Kothi!!!

Thank you for the feedback and apologize as we were unable to meet up to your expectations, however i would like to bring it to your notice, you'll were booked for a deluxe room and we did give an upgrade to a suite room. The Deluxe room allocated initially is a very good room as there is a large window which opens towards the garden overlooking the Buddha statue and our little pond. It is not a dingy room. Also the suite room are the best rooms in our hotel, We have in house laundry and all our linen is maintained well taken care.
Our staff is very friendly and warm, we take pride to serve all our guest.

Request you to give us an opportunity to so that we can meet your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Having spent a week in other parts of Rajasthan staying in opulent, smart, almost sterile hotels, I arrived here. Whow !!! First impression quirky, different and brilliant. Lovely roof top pool, restaurant, bar, views and location with views of Lake Pichola. Wonderful stay, food and the staff were very friendly and helpful as is usual with the Indian charm that I have become accustomed too. Brilliant!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Dominiquegale
Neelam20, General Manager at Hotel Udai Kothi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Greetings from Udai Kothi!!!

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Thank you for choosing our hotel, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope we met your expectations and shall continue the same in future.

Looking forward on your next visit.

Warm Regards