“Cashmere Soft-Sell”

The Shalimar Emporium
Ranked #10 of 86 Shopping in Udaipur
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Cashmere Shawls The Shalimar Emporium, Is the visual art's emporium presenting the finest art work from state of Kashmir, Specializing in Pashmina shawls, Cashmere shawls, Ibex shawls, silk shawls and rugs and much more...!!!Our passion and obsession for luxurious hand-woven materials persuaded me to open up my own family business. We at Cashmere Shawls The Shalimar Emporium Group offer uncompromising quality in natural fabrics, such as Cashmeres, Pashmina, Silk, fine Wools, Cottons. In particular, the company specializes in Cashmere and Pashmina, considered some of the most luxurious wools in the world. I started this company in January, 2000. We cater to very high end boutiques that have very discerning tastes. We also have our flag ship store at the Udaipur india,We at Cashmere Shawls The Shalimar Emporium Group understand the needs of our clientele Therefore, we make sure that every effort is made to meet their expectations. All shipping packaging, shopping bags and tags for the company are made from recyclable materials. We believe that every step we take towards living a 'greener' life will help to the lower the carbon footprint the company leaves on the ecology. The difference between Cashmere Shawls The Shalimar Emporium Group and many other companies is our sensitivity to the need to support the artisans, weavers, and spinners, who live in the remote regions of Kashmir. By offering work to them, the cottage village flourishes and the ancient art of hand-looming and delicate embroidery work is not lost to modernization. We pride our self on cultivating some of the finest embroideries and exquisite weave work on cashmere fabrics. Some of our finer embroideries and weavers can take several years to complete. While we promote the artistry of weaving, we do not allow child labor or cruelty to the goats. We insist in using only Eco-friendly Azov-free dyes. The company prefers the painstaking process of ironing the individual shawls as opposed to the more modern techniques of electric iron press machines. We believe it will support and fortify the ancient art of weaving and embroidery while rejuvenating while supporting these families financially. Therefore, we open heartedly welcome you to discover our enchanting world of handmade Pashminas, Cashmere shawls.!!!(Group of Cashmere shawls The Shalimar Emporium)
Calgary
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Cashmere Soft-Sell”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Our visit to the Shalimar Emporium was a complete experience. On Tripadvisor's recommendation, my son and I visited the shop in February where we were treated to a display of myriads of scarves, all colours, all wonderful patterns. The gentleman, Latif, were so helpful and informative, all without any pressure to purchase. I am so happy that I bought some of his fine product, two scarves for my wife and one for my daughter. Thank you, Latif, your beautiful scarves are being enjoyed in Canada, especially the cool pattern with the cat faces!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank JRAsFishBabe
lateef a, Manager at The Shalimar Emporium, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Hi Sir,
Thank you so much for your time which you both spend with us for buying goods from us and for your review.
Thanks once again for all.

• Korean first
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Creative quality”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Great quality and selection of styles that's a step up from the markets. While there is a step in price to match, the staff are wonderful, exert none of the pressure you get on the street and still offer a great deal.
Located in the heart of the old part of town, it's definitely worth taking a look before you part with all your rupees elsewhere.

Visited January 2014
lateef a, Manager at The Shalimar Emporium, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thanks for you review and for your precious time.
Israelandia, GO
“Wonderful store”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I really did not intend to buy anything but tha manager was so nice and friendly I just had to stay and talk, and in the prosess saw the most amazing hand maid carpets in very good prices.
More than all it was wonderful to find an honest sailsman in India.
The shals are amazing but mostly the carpets are a very good deal.

Visited December 2013
lateef a, Manager at The Shalimar Emporium, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Thank you so much for your honest review I am very glade to see it. Thsnks once again.
Zaragoza, Spain
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic products and a great conversation”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Thanks to Tripadvisor reviews and tired of street shopkeepers who always try to push their sales, I went to Lateef's shop to find some shawls for my closest family. He was very kind to explain me all the different kinds of clothes available, and clarify some misconceptions I had.

I saw lots of different kinds, colors, patterns shawls unit I met the ones I liked. Then (as I was also looking for some peaceful rest from the streets) we shared a Kashmiri tea and a wonderful conversation for a really long time. It was a pity that it seemed just a quick one.

He also was very kind for introducing one of his friends that I'll try to contact during other trips I have in the upcoming months. And the most important thing, the people who received these shawls loved them! His suggestions really hit the nail.

Visited December 2013
lateef a, Manager at The Shalimar Emporium, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you so much for your honest review I wish to see you once again. Thanks once again for all.
Hong Kong, China
“The best shawl I ever had!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

這裡的pashmina披肩是在整個印度之旅看到最高品質的, 人手繡的披肩很漂亮, 很輕很滑. 店主很詳細解釋製造過程, 人也很好, 很他聊天也是一個愉快的過程, 對喀什米爾也多了點認識.

During my trip in India, the shawls in this shop are the best quality. The handmade embroidery pashmina shawls are so nice, light and smooth, I love it! Lateef, the manager is very friendly, explained the production of pashmina in details. It was a great chat with him and understand a bit more about Kashmir.

Visited November 2013
lateef a, Manager at The Shalimar Emporium, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thank you very much for your review.