“Fast, professional service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 83 Shopping in Udaipur
Udaipur, India
“Fast, professional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Very good quality suits. For of us a group of friends travelling, was hard to say no for such quality suits at reasonable prices, that would be much higher at home (uk). Quick turnover of suits which left is all satisfied

1 Thank Tom D

Naxxar, Malta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very professional service and quality suits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My friend and I got 4 suits tailor made here. We wer warmly welcomed by Prateek who helped us customise out garments. He then took care of shipping them home to Europe for us. Very happy with the results.
I highly recommend checking this place out and getting a suit made here.

Mark

Visited February 2014
1 Thank markperegin
Invercargill, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful shirts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I had 2 shirts made - the service was efficient (1 day turnaround), courteous and not pushy. I liked the range of quality fabrics on offer

1 Thank Emjayt
Udaipur, India
“Quality tailor alert!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have just picked up my suit from Sandouk house of fashion.
I am extremely pleased with it and would heartily recommend their services.
The suit is for a wedding we are attending in Mumbai hence choosing a pinkish shirt (rather than boring old white) to offset the grey coloured material of the suit.
I like the fact that this was taken into account and the team there were helpful and passionate without being pushy or pressurizing.
I went for 2 fittings in the end and the result is great - I look taller and slimmer than i usually look which can only be a good thing.
Word to Sandouk house of fashion!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank tommymarriott
Brooklyn, New York
“Rushed tailoring not ideal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Short review - if you are a female looking for a tailor with limited time for fittings, I'd avoid getting it done, period. It is not worth the money you spend.

Long review:
My husband wanted a suit made so we went into this tailor because someone on the street brought us in there (as is normal in India). The guys weren't pushy and were good salesman so we decided to go with them. I had no intention of getting anything for myself but as I looked through their sample books I saw they could make coats so I decided to get a winter wool coat made since I couldn't find one I liked in the stores. I also decided that I needed a blazer for work, as I have a hard time finding one that fits my curves.

We only had 3 days in Udaipur so everything was very rushed with the tailoring, but they assured us they would make it right regardless of the time constraint. This made me nervous, but I trusted them.

I chose a coat from a style that they had in the store, and overall I'm happy with it but the collar is a bit too small and stiff and I can't close it all the way to the top without strain. So far the coat is holding up and I'm satisfied with the end product, though if I had more time, I would have changed the collar. This coat cost me USD $150.

The blazer took longer to make and it was hard to settle on a design that I thought would flatter my figure (I'm not a clothing designer or stylist and I don't know what fits my figure well). Neither did these guys but they assured me they'd make it look good. After one fitting they brought me the almost finished product to a restaurant we were eating at the night before we left to have me try it on and see what last adjustments needed to be made, if any. I had no mirror to look at it so I couldn't really tell how it looked, I had to look at a photo my husband took of it from my iphone. Not ideal. They had to make some small adjustments to it.

In the end they had to ship it to us, so I couldn't see the final product until I was home. The blazer does not really flatter me, is super boxy and the buttons do not sit in the right place to make me look feminine. The arms are also too big, width-wise. I will wear the blazer open for work but I am not at all satisfied with the end style. I spent $150 on this blazer, so $300 total for not perfectly tailored clothes.

Next time I will not be so foolish as to get clothes tailored without knowing exactly the style that fits my frame (OR I just won't get clothes tailored period).

Aside from the experience of having failed at getting nicely fitting clothes, the tailors and salesmen were very accommodating, nice guys who seemed to work very hard and enjoy what they did.

My husband likes his suit. He also had 5 shirts made, and he went through many fittings to get them right and they are ok, but not perfect.

We had to pay a deposit for them to start making the clothes. it was 1,500 rupees. Then we paid them the rest via credit card at the end which came with a hefty international fee of $18. If you can, try to pay in cash. Also, they charged $3,000-4,000 rupees for shipping, which is a lot so if you can avoid getting your things shipped that will also save you some money.

Also, if you are on vacation it is not ideal to get stuff tailored, because you kind of have to schedule your time around getting multiple fittings and that is not fun. Udaipur became all about our fittings, so we couldn't enjoy the actual city.

Visited December 2013