“Delicious Indian Food!”

Cuisines: Indian, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 1 January 2017

The restaurant served yummy Indian food. I had my last meal of Udaipur there and I wish I had discovered this place earlier. Having ordered for simple Dal Fry, Paneer Butter Masala and chapatis, I was pleasantly surprised by the subtle flavors in each dish. Though I had to wait more than the usual waiting time, the taste made up for the delay. The place also offers a magnificient view of Lake Pichola

1  Thank TapsTravels

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

This rooftop restaurant gives a lovely view of the lakes and the city. I visited a few days before my girlfriends birthday to ask if I could reserve a table with a view and some flowers and balloons etc. It Was tastefully done. He even sourced a lovely bottle of white wine for us, which can be hard to come by in India!
The meal was delicious. Palak aloo (spinach and potato) and Paneer butter masala. Accompanied with rice and cheese naan, also very tasty. Best meal of our four day stay.
They let the customers choose the music, and we were conveniently placed next to the laptop so we took over for an hour or two which was a nice touch :)
Impressed as we were, the following afternoon we went for lunch. I had a Paneer curry, which was as good as the two dishes the evening before. My girlfriend ordered spaghetti In a tomato sauce with cheese. This dish brought the rating from a 5 to a 4. It was basically sweet and sour noodles, with fresh tomato chucked in. If you gave this to an Italian I think they'd cry or throw it on the floor. Being English I politely asked for a refund but I was declined.

Overall great place, tasty curries, and friendly, accommodating staff.

1  Thank galacticvagabond
Reviewed 3 December 2016

Went for dinner at around 9 pm. Good decor, English music, view of the bridge and Lake Pichola. Sit, relax, sip a beer and have good food and enjoy the moment by looking at the waters and lights. The city gives a Venice feel :).

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

We arrived late (about 10:15pm) and they had no problem serving us. The food was definitely worth the 30-40 minute preparation time, but this has been the standard across Rajasthan so it was not an issue. We would gladly come back to Chirag.

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Don't be put off by the scruffy location, up a few flights of stairs lies a magical, welcoming place with fairy lights, an awesome soundtrack and the best food we had in Udaipur.

Chirag cooks the food to order, so grab a couple of masala papadums to keep you going. It's veggie and absolutely delicious. My aubergine and tomato curry was exceptional. The best sauce that we've had on our trip. We ordered extra garlic naan so we could mop up every last bit.

For me, the mark of a great place is how they cook the simple things. An egg biryani was ridiculously good. And really good value.

Go, spend some time here staring out over the lake and enjoy some great food from a great host.

1  Thank Cazaraghi