“Dirty and uncomfortable”
Review of Chinar Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Udaipur
Chinar Villa
Ranked #151 of 257 Udaipur B&B and Inns
Zaragoza
“Dirty and uncomfortable”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The worst place I've been. The room was a hard bed, used bed sheets, dirty towels, no toilet paper replenished and shower soap.
Breakfast nice but really I never return.
It was very expensive and very uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank beatrixzgz
MarketMyHotel, Public Relations Manager at Chinar Villa, responded to this review, 22 December 2014
HI beatrixzgz,

I don't know what's your real name is and when did you stay with us. We never got a guest from Cleartrip as mentioned - Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

We have had one foreign couple around the time this review came and that too from Wotif. I am not sure you are the same. The couple enjoyed a lot and had promised for a longer stay.

We are open to feedback but it really helps when the guest is around and can share his requirement. Anonymous reviews are really hard to believe.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kumta, India
Reviewed 23 August 2014

It is my immense pleasure to write on chinarvilla,we really enjoyed 5 days stay in chinarvilla, we felt as our home, our family members. Your good hospitality made our trip memorable.Room was nice n clean , good ambiance, nice touch n combination of rajasthan culture. Being the first trip to rajasthan I wanted to experience the charm and magic of living in a haveli. Chinarvilla does complete justice. Still more area to cover in Rajastan, hope we will find more chinarvillas and Rathore's family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NARAYANA B
Dear Mr Bhat,

Hope you are doing good. Your 5 day stay was equally memorable for us. Nothing much to write but we look forward to your next trip to India.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I had the privilege of staying at Chinar Villa for nearly a year. This was my first time in India so I was both nervous and excited for my adventure. The Villa itself was a beautiful and ornate structure. I spent many wonderful mornings and evenings either on the terrace overlooking the City Palace, Lake Pichola, Monsoon Palace as well as the historic neighborhoods below, or on the porch sipping chai and enjoying the meticulously managed courtyard. Chinar Villa was nicely tucked away in a peaceful neighborhood, and advantageously placed between the lakes of Udaipur and many of the significant sights throughout the city.

One of the most interesting advantages of staying at Chinar Villa pertained to the owners’ relation to, and understanding of, Udaipur. On many occasions I mentioned to either owner my interest in taking on certain adventures in the city or in the surrounding region. They would always graciously help me plan these mini endeavors with my budget in mind (important because I was a recent graduate from the United States with a somewhat tight budget). All things considered, my favorite aspect of living at Chinar Villa was the engagement with the owners. I wanted to learn about the history of India and particularly the region of southern Rajasthan. Throughout my stay at Chinar Villa I had countless conversations which were incredibly enlightening and often left me with increasing curiosity about life in Udaipur.

Overall a highly recommended place to vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Benjamin Z
Thank Ben for sharing the feedback. We thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you coming back to India..
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Chinar Villa sits quietly atop a high hill offering spectacular vistas, yet it is close enough to the attractions of Udaipur's old city and lakes that they are quite easy to walk to. The home is kept immaculately clean and the food can be delicious. The best part is the terrace view and the sense that you have "gotten away from it all" even though you are centrally located. The owners are extremely nice, but can be a bit intrusive into your schedule if you are looking for total privacy. Still, overall, I would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Charles W
OldMonkAshrum, Owner at Chinar Villa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thanks Charles for sharing your feedback and recommending Chinar Villa. This time we will let you spend more time in private :)
Cascade, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My son lived at Chinar Villa for 10 months while serving a work internship in Udaipur. I also had the pleasure of visiting him and staying at the Rathore's Villa for a month. Given we are from the United States - Wisconsin, we were both fortunate to have spent our time in India with Ajit and Manju. Their Villa was in an ideal location for adapting to, and thoroughly absorbing, a culture so different from what we were accustomed to. The Rathore's were warm and enjoyable people to get to know and we developed a long distance friendship that continues to this day. Given we had the long period we stayed, we had the advantage of getting to know the Rathore's and their family which was a life long experience and memory that I continue to treasure. It was a very special time for my son and I, in a very special country, with a great family and staying in such a delightful place. When I first arrived at the Chinar Villa I was amazed at the view of Udaipur from the second floor terrace. I had traveled for 26 hours and my first few hours in India were spent with the Rathore's on their terrace - enjoying my very first cup of Chai and their hospitality and the tranquil setting of the Villa. People who have viewed my pictures always comment on that spectacular view from the terrace. As for the Villa itself, I enjoyed their home and I will always think back to how lucky we were to have been able to stay in such a nice place. My son and I traveled extensively for a couple of weeks and came to realize what a outstanding home base we had at the Chinar Villa. The Rathore's have a wonderful place and they maintain it very well - it was our home away from home. I had not really experienced Indian cuisine before and I am not a vegetarian. Manju's cooking brought me into an appreciation of "local" food and I have to say I adapted to a vegetarian diet much to the surprise of my son. That speaks to the talent Manju had in preparing food. Throughout our stay, Ajit and Manju always were interested in us and were extremely helpful in suggesting how to better appreciate everything that India has to offer. Given that we are from the United States, I have told friends that if they ever want to truly enjoy what India has to offer, I have the perfect place to suggest they stay - Chinar Villa. Thank you Ajit and Manju - Nameste

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank DistantTravelerFun
OldMonkAshrum, Owner at Chinar Villa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Namstey & Thanks for your sharing your feedback and experiences at Chinar Villa. Look forward to your visit to India again.
binaguri
Reviewed 10 April 2014

comfortable and aesthetically done up homestay with a lovely location overlooking lakes. Rooms are comfortable with a good view. Food served is really good but the menu is not very elaborate. So there is a choice restriction. Overall worth staying and best part is its not heavy on your pocket.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank devyanshi
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed at this beautiful homestay on the suggestion of a friend during my recent trip to Udaipur.

What sets this apart from others is the host...Mrs. and Mr. Rathore....incredibly gracious, courteous and warm. They ensure that you feel completely at home and attend to your smallest of needs. Their attention to detail is fantastic.

Rooms- Superb and done up very tastefully with neat and clean bathrooms.
Food- Just exceptional...you will never miss your home food!!

For the Rathore family the most important thing is to ensure that you are comfortable and enjoy your stay.

This place is highly recommended especially for couples and families. A truly a value for money experience!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 534SudhirK
Hi Sudhir..great to hear from your side. Many thanks for those lovely words. Hope to see you again.