“Very good & comfrtable stay”

Golden Tulip Udaipur
Ranked #81 of 156 Hotels in Udaipur
Delhi
“Very good & comfrtable stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Very nice property, location is very close to railway station and bus stand. Staff is very friendly, only one thing they do not provide cakes & flowers in room due to their policies. Otherwise services & propriety is very good. Worth Spending.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

manmohansingh668, General Manager at Golden Tulip Udaipur, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback and patronage. It is a pleasure to read that you had a memorable stay with us. Thank you once again and looking forward to welcome you again at Golden Tulip, Udaipur. Have a great year ahead.

Manmohan Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Gurgaon
Reviewed 16 August 2013

very good experience at this hotel; very courteous and good service. Room was good, worth the money value and food was good. The room can be brighter and they need to have more English channels on their TV! I would stay again at Golden Tulip Udaipur

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Thank you for your feedback and patronage. We are very happy to learn that you had a good stay with us. The management has noted your priceless suggestions and very soon will take action on that. Thank you once again and looking forward to welcome you again at Golden Tulip, Udaipur. Have a great year ahead.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We have started visiting Udaipur for Business frequently....stayed at Golden Tulip. It was a good experience. Attractive and soothing ambiance. Food is Good. Exceptional cordiality which starts from the gate and ends at the gate. I found all staff to be very caring.To sum up Hospitality is with a touch of class and elegance reminds you repetitively to check in at this facility, specially in hectic business tours. Pricing reasonable.
But important suggestion: Internet facility is to be worked upon,(connectivity in the rooms are in question) it must be complementary.
I personally feel the furniture in the Lobby, Restaurant and also the dress code for the staff can be changed. I mean it can be in alignment with the Traditional Udaipuri Raj Gharana i.e. something ethnic. I feel along with the existing lighting, architecture and quite commendable Live Gazhal performance my suggestion would add a different flavor. Fusion in aesthetics are very common. This might give a different mileage. All personal views, the management may review it.
But over all a level of significant satisfaction would take me again and again to this hotel.
With Loads of Good wishes and Prayer...Supriyo Ganguli

Room Tip: can trust the front office.....
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback and recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your valuable suggestion. The management has already taken a call on that and in all probabilities you will see the changes soon. Looking forward to welcome you again at golden Tulip, Udaipur. Have a great year ahead.

Jaipur, India
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I am a regular visitor of Udaipur and stayed in no. of hotels in Udaipur. Golden Tulip is just value for money and it is the best hotel to stay in that cadre. The courteous staffs leave no stone unturned in making you comfortable. Though I was not having confirmed booking during my last visit and the hotel was overbooked. But being a regular and corporate visitor, my booking was some-how managed by the hotel.
The entire stay reaches the brackets of satisfaction. The ambience, room spray, hygiene, food quality and the facilities especially the gym is just perfect

Room Tip: Best place to stay in Udaipur
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback and recent stay with us. We are happy to learn that our services and facilities had met your level of satisfaction. Thank you for appreciating our staff, ambience, food quality, facilities and gym. Looking forward for the pleasure to welcome you again at Golden Tulip, Udaipur. Have a great year ahead.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I visited this hotel with my friends. the stay was wonderful. I was given a warn welcome at the reception. The employees at the front desk are very courteous & professional. Hospitality served to me was awesome. Food quality is also very good. Its such a well maintained property.

I would like to thank the entire Golden Tulip team for making my stay memorable.
Keep it up & best of luck.

Room Tip: Rooms on fourth floor have good view.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SKP007
Thank you for your feedback and recent patronage. We are delighted to learn that you have a memorable stay with us. Your words of appreciation regarding our staff, food, Maintenance of the property have been shared with the entire team and this will motivate us to keep the quality standards. Thank you once again and looking forward to welcome you again at Golden Tulip, Udaipur. Have a great year ahead.

ahmedabad
Reviewed 5 August 2013

hi! me and my friends are quite frequent visitors of udaipur, this time we decided to stay at golden tulip, which was the worst decision we had ever made.
the building was ok, AC was not working at all in both the rooms, rooms were shabby, bathrooms were not equipped well and the maintenance and the front office staff were not even acknowledging our request, absolutely pathetic, the operator and the restaurant staff were not aware about the hotel policies and expected us to know about their hotel policies, their restaurant and the front office manager were so rude, that we have decided that neither we'll go nor we'll recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ravi_chandwani
Thank you for your feedback and recent stay with us. We sincerely regret for the inconveniences faced by you during your stay with us. Concerns raised by you in your feedback have been noted, and we ensure you to put in effective measures to avoid such kind of problems in near future. Thank you once again and looking forward to make your future stays more comfortable with us. Have a great year ahead.

Manmohan Singh

Travellers are raving about these Udaipur hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 July 2013

One of the worst experience in a hotel I ever had. It should be called Rotten Tulip and not golden Tulip. Let me list all that was wrong with the hotel:
1. At check in, front office people were glum faced, No smile, no greeting.
2. Room: as I entered to check the bathroom, there were no towels, TV remote was missing, so was the decorative cover on the bed. It seemed that hastily the room was readied; and I was curtly told, this is the only room available.
3. I was hungry, searched for room service menu, that too did not exist in the room.
4. I had booked through a travel website announcing free wi-fi. I was given a used Internet card with password and ID(already scratched). Needless to stay for 15 minutes I kept trying and could not log in. Eventually another card for 2 Hrs (Rs 200, not charged to me) was given. I had to ask again for another card, where as 24 hr free wifi was promised.
5. Coffee tea maker was kept in a drawer (picture). Take it out yourself, plug it in on a different table to make your tea. Did that, turned the cup to power water, and I found the edge of the cup stained with tea. Disgusting. Housekeeping offered no apologies, no regrets. Thankfully, replaced with clean ones. The cable was damaged and shabbily covered with insulation tape. Worse was yet to come.
6. Bed was broken (see picture)
7. All hell broke lose and I lost my patience when I found both the towels were stained in the middle (see pictures). House keeping said "might have been kept by mistake". Period.
8. In breakfast, Upma was smelling of over used cooking medium.
9. Choice was very limited at breakfast.
8. I am seriously contemplating redressal through consumer forum.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Arun S
manmohansingh668, General Manager at Golden Tulip Udaipur, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
It was pleasure talking to you and we thank you for your detailed feedback on our services , we acknowledge the property is under transition period and lot of things are being worked out simultaneously. Some of our services like laundry are still being outsourced to external vendors , though we maintain the quality check of the supplies to the guest but this was missed. We sincerely regret and assure you to take up the corrective measures on the points being highlighted by you . we request you to visit us again and give us a chance to stand to your expectations . Have a great year ahead.