“Kind a good hotel ”

Hotel Shree Narayana
Ranked #105 of 167 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Its a kind a good hotel , good service and ok staff. Have there with my family friends who came from Finland . Food was ok (but too much xpensive) . They provide discount but take so much tax (25%) of tax.. So it better they wont give discount. When we ask them for discount they just say no. And when we talked to manager he said yes we will provide u some discount but the person who on reception didnt give us discount. So its a just a thing which i dont like.. And food is average not good at all you can say .. There other restuarant too where you can enjoy.. But rooms are really nice. So i like tht thing.

Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We chose the hotel after seeing a few on-line reviews, for a 4 day stay starting from 02nd April 14. The rooms (Luxury) are decently done-up, but the service was terrible. This was the first hotel in my life (supposed to be 3 star!) wherein we were required to call up the reception everyday morning to start the hot water and also to start the back-up generator when there was a power outage and we all were suffocating inside the room. Unfortunately, the management is focusing on acute costs cutting at the cost of providing even the basic amenities. The room service was equally pathetic and the guys don't understand even the basic difference between a room temperature drinking water and cold water!!! It was not surprising that the occupancy was extremely low even in the midst of a busy vacation season.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kumar R
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel is not near the Picola lake, it is about 10 minutes auto rickshaw ride away. It's fine for a couple of nights providing you don't get local tourists who can been extremely noisy and their noise travels through the floors. The hotel is clean, the staff are friendly and always keen to help. The bar was OK, good bar service. The restaurant is OK but I would go Natraj which is about 10/15 minutes walk from the hotel. The rooms are fairly small (OK for short stay) and there is no shower screen, so the water wets the bathroom. However, no problems with hot water or shower water pressure. The sheets were generally clean. The hotel is down a dead end road so no through traffic but you can hear the train engine blowing horn (Station nearby) and buses blowing horns before departure (bus station nearby) - usual traffic noises in India!

Room Tip: Room 210 is a big room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two days.I researched and finalized this hotel as it was the best for the price you pay...Loved the rooms and the well mannered staff..The only thing which could be improved is the food.....Parking facility is good.They provide you guide for sight seeing also..

Room Tip: Book in advance..Communicate directly the hotel guys while booking..
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2014

First the rant. I had booked via the portal Travelguru for a 4 star resort named Paras Mahal for 4nights in Udaipur starting from 26th December and had booked well in advance. I received confirmation voucher after paying the full amount.. On the day prior to our travel, when I called the resort to confirm our bookings, I was shocked to be informed that they had not received any such booking. When I got in touch with Travelguru, they said that they would clarify things but my booking was definitely confirmed. It was late in the evening that they got back to me saying that somehow the booking was not there and they would book me into an alternate four star property. Since it was tourist season and there was no time left, I agreed and they booked my into Shree Narayana Hotel. When I reached the hotel, I was dismayed to find that not only was it not a resort, but it was a budget hotel in the heart of town. I called up Travelguru immediately and told them that they had charged me for a 4 star property and by putting me in a budget hotel (whose tariff was about 50% less) they were committing a fraud.I asked for a cancellation as my holiday was ruined and a refund. However, they simply refused to respond in any manner. So Travelguru is NOT A TRUSTWORTHY TRAVEL PORTAL.
Regarding the hotel itself, its a modest property right in the city center. No views obviously. The restaurant has a very limited menu, pure veg stuff only. The staff is helpful and courteous and the rooms are adequate and clean. The bathrooms are also adequate. I would say for the tariffs they charge, the property is value for money, especially, if you are looking for a base from where to do your sightseeing and shopping in Udaipur and not spend too much time in the hotel.

Room Tip: The luxury rooms are decently sized.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dockalpesh
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in shree narayana hotel for 2 nights. The rooms are ok..but room service is bad. We called the reception for extra pilows since the pillow they provided was too thin but nobody picked up the phone at the reception. We walked down to ask n inspite of saying that they will bring it to us.. they never did until we asked again the next day. The breakfast buffet in the hotel is pathetic. To begin with, its vegetarian. And there's 3 options. Toast..parota n horrible tasting upma.i wud suggest having bfast elsewhere. I rather pay a lil extra and get better service!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drbinz
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Excellent Experience.. well planned rooms, well managed hotel, courteous staff, nyc food..
A 3star+ property at a price of a 2star property..
..an xcellent business hotel in udaipur!!!

Regards