Amet Haveli
The Leela Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
US$330
US$297
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Taj Lake Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
US$395
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$438/night.

US$139
US$172
US$90
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

US$498
US$33
US$39
US$28
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$31/night.

Hotel Lakend(Udaipur)
Free cancellation until 27/05
US$104
US$101
All reviewsambrai restaurantlake palacecorner suiteattached restaurantsmall pooloverlooking the lakelarge terracehotel restaurantheritage hotelwindow seatnarrow streetsfantastic locationromantic hotelthe ground floorlovely roomroom numberstayed for two nights
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

After seeing the peaceful location of this place we decided to book it.

The trouble began with the booking process itself with Mr Dheer [--] first demanding full payment in advance to confirm the reservation. After countless phone calls explaining to him that I was not resident in India and I would have serious trouble paying an unnecessary full advance he finally agreed to normal procedures of taking my credit card details.

I was then quoted by him the exact price for the suite, which I had made clear to him was for 3 people.

Upon actually making full payment at the reception office Mr Vimal [--] then demanded more payment for the extra person. Given he may have been correct I consented to the extra payment but not once did he apologise for their mistake. Mr [--] was extremely rude and arrogant and should not be dealing with client relations. He even illegally took a copy of my credit card (back and front) without my consent.

The attitude of the staff as a whole is of real arrogance and we would recommend you avoid Amet Haveli on this basis.

The Lake Pichola Hotel practically next door is much more friendly, with polite staff and a much better serviced restaurant.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ravs000
tikkuJaipur, Public Relations Manager at Amet Haveli, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

DEAREST GUEST
Thank you for your feedback . You were not satisfied with our handling of your reservations and c/o by the staff. I very sincerely apologise for the unconvience and agony caused to you . I fully understand that no words can compansate for a bad behaviour during your joyous holidays . We will train and examine our staff to be through professionals and courteous to all . I would like to reinvite you to exprience the change for yourself at your conviyance and time . We are extremly sorry to you for a unpleasant stay with us . Best regards.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

FIRST IMPRESSION: My first impression upon arrival in Udaipur was unpleasant. The driver of the prepaid taxi from the airport told me it was not possible to get to the haveli by car luring me to take another overpriced riksha to get there. Don't let yourself be fooled! But, and here begins the nice part of my experience, as soon as you enter the Amet haveli you can calm down. Early check-in (8 am) and late check-out (3 pm) was no problem even I stayed for only one night. The reception staff was always helpful and reliable there's always someone to assist you with your luggage.

ROOM: I had a suite room facing the lake on two sides (however all rooms are said to have lake view). It was very spacious and bright and equipped with all frills you could expect: ranging from shaving kit, toothbrush and slippers in the bathroom over water boiler for tea/coffee, free drinking water to small details as a candle and matches in the seating area. WIFI worked well, the TV offered only Indian channels. Cleanliness was not perfect but very good--not only by Indian standards.
Finally the atmosphere in the room is amazing. The whole furniture and architecture make you feel like living in a contemporary palace being the guest of the maharadja. Open the windows and enjoy the fresh lake breeze, watching the reflections from the water dance on the ceiling after waking up is just special. When leaving the room don't forget to lock your door with the massive iron bolt and lock :)

FACILITY: The whole hotel complex was very neat also the building itself was spotless (very exceptional for India). Unfortunately there was some renovation going on in some parts of the hotel, this is why e.g. the charming courtyard on the east front of the hotel was not accessible. Still you didn't notice anything that there was work going on, if you didn't look for it.
The terrace at the lake shore is just great and gives you a breathtaking view over the old town and the lake place. Especially recommendable for dinner. Food (also breakfast) is good and opulent.

LOCATION: The location at the lake is stunning and very quiet. Other places may be located more central in the centre of the old town but the 10min walk there offers you some nice shopping opportunities as a compensation.

SUMMARY: The Amet Haveli may not be the cheapest haveli in Udaipur but you will not miss any comfort you would expect from a 4*+ hotel (especially in comparison to the really heavy priced surrounding hotels). On top you get a very private an authentic atmosphere of a true heritage place. Strongly recommended!

Room Tip: Opt for a suite room, size and view should be worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank brindisi_1853

Dearest Guest
Thanks a lot for writing a superlative narrative with all fine details of our hotel . We are spellbound at your time and generous thoughts given to us . Team Amet is overwhelmed by your postive words of encouragment and we are grateful to you from the bottom of our heart forever. I take this golden opportunity to congrulate you for your first review on TA. and many more to come in future as well. It was indeed our pleasure that you shared your fond memories with all .We would cheerish your next visit with us in near future too. With best wishes always.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel building and our room were of great character. We had a delightful window seat where we could have spent hours watching Udaipur.

The hotel is in an excellent location and is a good option for visiting the city.

The staff were all lovely. Service was not as spot on as at the other hotels we stayed at in India but it was good. If you want a great location in a lovely hotel and are not concerned about frills then this place is perfect.

Good food at the hotel restaurant. Good value too.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bunny-London25
tikkuJaipur, Public Relations Manager at Amet Haveli, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

DEAREST GUEST

Greetings for a merry Xmas and thankful to you for postioning our hotel with all the glory and kind praises of value and overall satisfaction . Team Amet will definately work harder to improve guest service and aspirations at all costs.
We were glad that you graciously appericated our signature Restaurant Ambari for food and service . We hope that the lovely memories of your stay with us will be ever precious than pearls.Your revisit will add charm and splendor to our place ,awaiting eagerly to have a audience with you again .
Best regards always.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I loved this property. The local is great and the terrace for the restaurant is...magical. It's a stunning view and atmosphere. The service is nice and the feel is special to Udaipur. I loved our candlelit dinner and cocktails. We also had to have meeting there in the day and it was lovely. However when we stayed the pool was empty and no internet was working. I had a friend and work companion with me and we shared a double room. it was super small and dark. But I could see there where lovely rooms higher up. But I think the issue was double beds. I think if you are not traveling as a couple make arrangements for a nicer room. Ours was waaaaay too small and dark for two women and travel flus (you feel me here). But I would return here as I felt it was a lovely place with a lot of heart.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a nicer room. If you're traveling w a friend try and find a way to get the bigger rooms despite the shared bed. Maybe they have other options. the "double" rooms are weird and dark and way too small.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank fortheloveofit
tikkuJaipur, Public Relations Manager at Amet Haveli, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

DEAREST GUEST

Many thanks for a splendid write -up on worlds most sought after travel -site T.A. We also thank you for very postively liking the food , service at Udaipur's most visted and popular restaurant Ambari. We are extremely sorry to you for the inconvience caused to you during your stay as the pool , net were not working to order . Management is already taking steps in this direction , to improve the facilities provided . The room provided to you was a non lake view ,which has its own shortcomings . We welcome you to book a lake view room in your pleasure revisit next time .
With humble regards and Merry Xmas .

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed in room 124, a lovely suite directly on the lake. We were thrilled with this hotel and facilities, the room was quite large and very clean. Everything we could ask for was provided. The hotel restaurant was superb and busy every night. This is where breakfast is served and is one of the most beautiful places I have ever had breakfast. We had a particularly early flight with a 5am pick up, the hotel provided, without being asked, tea & toast delivered to our room just before we left. All of staff were lovely, this was our highlight during our trip to India. I would recommend anyone travelling to India to make sure they stay here at the Amet Haveli and pay extra for room 124 as it is well worth it. We had the best nights sleep of the holiday here.

Room Tip: Choose room 124, large bathroom, window seats overlooking the lake. See attached pics.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Larkhall

DEAREST GUEST

I respond with great pride and gratitude to you for showcasing our Hotel so highly and recommending it to all in this throat cutting competative online world . Your words will shine more bright than thousand stars as you being a "Top Contributor " on Tripadvisor .
Your praiseworthy words from a Top Contributor makes us feel very humble and speechless . Team Amet staff salutes to you and gives you a loud appllaud and gives you a standing ovation .It was our prime luck and privelage to host a through gentleman and so generous person like you .We are short of words to thank you for highlighting very minute details also so well. which are generally not noticed as they are considered part and parcel of service provided .
We will be very fortunate and blessed to welcome you back in city of lakes and tribals .
With deep regards .