“My journy starts..!!!:)”

Rangniwas Palace Hotel
Ranked #66 of 166 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel is good for a night's stay It just one night with this hotel.Very close to City Palace's.Good central garden beside swimming pool.The place is quiet with no disturbance by the staff or the market crowd. Food is also good but during my stay hotel offers us only breakfast since their kitchen is under renovation.They have mention that they do not provide room service when you order breakfast but they give us the same.Over all it was a good stay !!

Room Tip: Room opposite to reception on ground floor is nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Devendra S

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel is Good for a night's stay. We stayed there for just 01 night. It is at a walking distance from City palace's main entrance. Hotel offers only Breakfast since their kitchen is under renovation. They do not provide room service when you order breakfast (but they gave us the same). The swimming pool was dirty, since it was already chilly evening we did not opt for the same but some people might wanna! You never know!! The place is quiet, with no disturbance by the staff or the market crowd. There are chat centers if you wish to grab some quick bites. I did not opt for one, so I have no idea of the taste & hygiene. Over all it was a good experience for me.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor (Suite category). They have private sitting area along with the swing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pranoti N
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Perfect location.All attractions at arms length. Haveli converted into hotel giving the feel of living the maharaja style in a hotel. Staff at the hotel is also very courteous and always attend to all your needs.

Room Tip: Don't miss to at least check out the place before you decide any other hotel. I'm sure you...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rakeshbhavsar
Reviewed 5 February 2014

As soon as we walked in the gate, we realised this was one classy joint!

The staff were genuinely friendly and very helpful. Bed was comfortable, hot water was plentiful, wifi worked great. Enjoyed visits from langur monkeys in the trees and chatting to other guests.

Close to city palace, taxi rank, and shops to grab essentials like water. Hit up the nearby Tibetan Market if you're feeling chilly and need a good jacket.

The only nights we had bad sleep were due to wild dogs barking (nobody's fault), and the time when the water system started playing a repeating audio message. Reception were pretty prompt to fix it as soon as they noticed my husband wandering around trying to figure out what was going on.

Other than that, perfect stay. Would stay again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Hello everyone,
I have been to this hotel - Rangniwas the first week of Feb.
Shrimali - Manager
Shahnawas- Manager
Ali - Man Working There

Now the location is wonderful hardly 1km away from Dudh Talai.
Near it you find a Tibetan Market.

It was a long drive and I was having few hotels in my check but as you know a driver with his family a kid get frustrated and I checked the ROOM it was like a conversation:

I went to the reception: --- Met Shrimali.
He was a gentle person...I was greeted like I am a very rich and valuable person to him...I liked that.
Then he said there is just one room empty...
I saw the room and was just looking at my kid who was sleeping in the car and thought that its fine I checked in....
There were few foreigners roaming in the garden.
I asked for a tea...
and it was served in the room...
Room - Dirty blankets
very narrow space to move.
The bathroom was fine not too bad but it have a very small height door...where i stuck couple of times I am just 5.8 in height.
Ohhh Now the swimming pool was very good but unfortunately it was really cold and I was unable to make a joy ride onto it.
still got few wonderful pics.
Now the TEA I received was the worst TEA I have ever - Rs 75.00

Now I saw every time in the reception the man says the same thing we have just one room left with every customer.
God He gave he a wifi access password which didnot connect and hardly I got connection to my room.
Now there was some more people who were just wondering arround I girl 24-26 years she was a very beautiful and lovely person she was the owner...I believe...She always greeted my son and us.
She is really good.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Udaipur is a very good place for couples to romance...
But people like road movers and Auto drivers are very stupid and they are just looking to cheat you in every ways....
2 restaurants are good in kind of food- Bawarchi (Delhi Gate) for Punjabi...And Natraz (Railway Station) for Thali.
Bawarchi service is Poor but food is really tasty.
Ambrai Restaurant loots you as it is near the lake...Food is worst just get some coffee or drinks and go bhag jao after enjoying that...1/2 hr is best in evening at 7 to 8 pm you get a good view...
Remember to go to Monsoon Palace and Fateh Sagar Lake and get the fresh juice it was really nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bkdebts
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Rangniwas is heritage property and location is very good, just outside the Udaipur palace entrance on main street. Parking space is available. Hotel serves breakfast, lunch but not dinner. Other restaurants and eating places are just outside the hotel.

The rooms are good, but a bit cramped. The garden and pool area just outside the rooms provide good place to sit and relax. Service is fine but running water was not hot enough. The rooms and bathrooms have all facilities, but some fittings are old and not-maintained/repaired.

Overall the hotel is good & convenient to stay with your family and value for money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I spent one night in Rang Niwas Palace Hotel and so much enjoyed !
First of all, I highly appreciated the kindness and way of being of all people working there.
Second, but not least, there is such a nice garden, with high trees, flowers... the hotel has a big charm. I could visit one little room - first price - all painted in blue, very simple but yet so attractive ! I slept in a deluxe room... a very nice room indeed, and beautiful bathroom too !
There is an old indian charm there, that really pleased me.
The minus points are : noise at night, coming from the road, and I couldn't open the windows. The hotel is located in a cold area of Udaipur - which means cold nights in winter (and maybe really fresh in hot season ? I don't know). And... the breakfast was really "poor" and disappointing !
I would also add that the location of the hotel, a little outside from the heart of the city, can be on one side a good quality (fresh air coming from Gulab Park - in front of the hotel, + being far from all shops and shopkeepers), or a minus point (you have to take a rickshaw or walk in the traffic jam to reach the heart of the old city, or City Palace).
Whatever, I quote this night in Rang Niwas Palace as excellent, because I keep a very nice souvenir of it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo