“Excellent Location , Good Hospitality but the Worse Spa Treatement Center”

The Lalit Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur
Ranked #12 of 165 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The View from the hotel is excellent. Overall the hotel experience was good.
But i would not suggest anyone to take the Spa treatment there. This was one of the worst experience I had ever got. Shabby & Dingy Spa Rooms, The Towels & Bathrobes were stinky, extremely small rooms. no proper bathing or shower area, No steam Sauna, the masseuse was absolutely amateurs who was chewing pan while giving a massage, without uniform (Not that it makes a difference to me, but doesnt an ambiance mean something at a spa, specially when your paying that kind of amount) the masseuse had no idea about any technique or strokes. It seemed the hotel had just called him from the road side and made him do the treatment for me. He had absolutely no idea what a Deep Tissue or Swedish Massage was, and it seemed they both looked the same to me and would have given me a "desi" massage anyways.
It just wasnt upto Lalit Standards or as a matter of fact upto the standards of any 5 Star Hotel. The worst was, they charged me as per the standards of a 5 Star, but trust me on this, the standards were less than a 1 star. Upon confronting the staff, they just refused to give any discount.
I would suggest the hotel not to offer such a treatment room to their guests till a complete renovation is done.

Room Tip: Try Taking room towards the Fateh Sagar Lake
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SumeghAgarwal
Bhaskaran T, General Manager at The Lalit Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Mr. Agarwal,

Namaskar!

Thank You for your review. On behalf of the entire team at The Lalit Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and your valuable feedback. Your feedback about the spa has been duly noted and discussed with appropriate people for immediate corrective action. We had outsourced our spa treatments to a third party and with immediate effect we have stopped using them.

Much as we strive to deliver an exceptional quality of service to all our guests, we regret that we have not been able to measure up to your expectations this time. I would like to assure you that this is a one off incidence and may i urge you to not let this be an indelible perception.

We remain firmly committed to the ethos and values of hospitality and customer centricity and in accordance, look forward to regaining faith and confidence in the brand and i hope will grant us an opportunity to serve you with renewed focus and enthusiasm.

Look forward to meet you during your next trip.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

The Lalit is understated and elegant. The front desk staff are effective and wonderfully charming. Our room had a superb view of Lake Fateh Sagar and I would highly recommend requesting for a room with a view. Every evening there is a puppet show on the front lawn. We saw several puppet shows during our trip but I must say the Lalit puppeteer was by far the most skilled. We had dinner at the hotel and it was an excellent meal, flavorful yet sublime. The one small blip was service at breakfast. I think the Lalit is a great hotel and I would stay there again but only piece of advice would be - just keep asking for your coffee, it will come.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Namaskar!

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and taking your valuable time off to write about your stay. Its heartening to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us as much as we have enjoyed having you stay with us.

Your generous feedback have been discussed in detail with the team and it goes a long way in motivating us to strive harder.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We recently spent two nights in this beautiful property. We had lake view rooms and the view was amazing. The rooms were spacious and beautiful. We ate in the outdoor restaurant and the food was gorgeous Only downside is the lack of a swimming pool. The staff were lovely. Really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Bhaskaran T, General Manager at The Lalit Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Namaskar!

Thank you very much for your feedback. Its heartening to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us as much as we have enjoyed having you stay with us. Your kind words of appreciation will go a long way in motivating us to strive harder.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Hotel is well located at fatehpur lake. Staff was excellent, food was excellent. We were on our honeymoon trip and staff ensured our pleasant stay from our welcome till our departure from the hotel. they daily have some activities which keeps you occupied. Would like to visit again :).

Room Tip: Chose Lake view room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Me and my family stayed here for 02 Nights and crossed by some important factors which actually made this place as an outstanding place for Unwind and leisure experience such as Courteous staff, Impeccable service and of course the way they treat .

Will definitely come back and suggest this place to others..........

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Lalit Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and ratings on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that not only did we live up to your expectations, but exceeded it. Your comments and ratings will help us keep our spirits high and strive harder to provide seamless and intuitive service.

I have discussed your feedback in detail in an appropriate forum. The entire team Joins me in thanking you for your kind words and we look forward to have you staying with us soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Well appointed rooms, comfortable stay. Very well trained courteous staff. Food costs are unreasonably high. They must work to make it competitive. I liked staying here. The palace is up on a hill and gives wonderful view of the city and the lake. The hotel is located in the heart of the city, hence very easy to find: ask for Chetak Circle and the rest is just taking a turn uphill and reaching there. Manned by good people who appear to know their job and are friendly. Very safe for family and children.

Room Tip: Chose rooms overlooking the Fateh Sagar Lake. It is charming.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Lalit Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Well Originally I would like to say that I have already worked with this palace in front office department, it is really memorizing. What a hotel for staff specially, each and every facility you will have in your own pocket in this property. Which kind of words I should use for my review regarding this palace. First and very important for every property is your cliental. What a good guests were arriving and departing from this hotel. Each and every single one is superb, after that the staff (most wonderful) is very courteous for each and everything. Whatever you will need that will be provided to you instantly. Ok it would be much more but a single word is enough for my experience and that one is simply outstanding. Actually I got one huge accident and I had to resign from my work. But after my resignation I selected near about 3 or 4 hotels for my joining but the environment what they people are providing that is hazard. The Lalit, Udaipur is providing facilities to each and every member of the organization that is awesome. This is a only place in the city where you can spend your entire life in very good manner. Thanks a lot from my depth of the heart to you people, love you always from Yogesh.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank yogesh_ameta21

Dear Yogesh,

Thank you very much for your generous feedback. Much appreciated. The same has been discussed in detail at an appropriate forum. The team joins me in thanking you for the fantastic feedback

Bhaskar