The Lalit is a nice hotel, and the rooms are nice. The view of the lake, if you have a lakeview room, is also stunning. That said, I believe there are plenty of better options in Udaipur. Here's why:
1. Spa: This was closed when we were there and we were not informed of this. I also believe they don't have a pool which you'd expect such a hotel to have.
2. Restaurant: The breakfast was decent (and included in our room rate). Tip: you can order dosa, idli and other things to be made as they are not on the buffet, but they don't tell you. The rest of the meals here are not worth it as it is very expensive for mediocre food.
3. It is not the most central hotel which means you are having to take taxis or a car everywhere. Late at night, it is difficult to get taxis so you end up having to book a hotel car or eat at the one nearby restaurant (which is a good choice).
4. Wifi is for a charge in the rooms and the lobby both.
That said, the staff were helpful and friendly. So overall, it was a decent experience, but I think there are better options in Udaipur. Some of my general feedback can be found here: http://www.mangopancakes.com/2013/12/udaipur.html
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your The Lalit Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lalit Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur