“Beware of Taxi provided by this hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Ashish Palace
Ranked #101 of 151 Hotels in Udaipur
Cupertino, California
“Beware of Taxi provided by this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

I asked for taxi at front desk from Mr. Madhusudhan of Ashish Palace to see Udaipur and then to go to Mount Abu next day. First day taxi was not hotel's and I was told about it. For second day I was told the taxi was of hotel. There was no issue on the first day. I had asked for air condition taxi but air conditioner never worked for the hotel's taxi. I forgot to take out Camcorder and Camera from the taxi at Mount Abu. I called up Ashish Palace and informed them. They connected me to the driver, Lalit. Lalit first told me he saw the porter of the Mount Abut hotel took the Camcorder and camera bag. The Mount Abut hotel had security surveillance camera. They showed me complete recording which indicated the camera bag was never removed from the car. I am very confident the camera bag was in the car until I reached the hotel. I reached out to the General Manager of the hotel. He insisted the car was not hotel's. It was owned by front desk staff Mr. Madhusudhan. The very reason I took the taxi from the hotel was reliability. There is a taxi stand very close to the hotel. I avoided taxi stand and thought hotel's taxi would be more dependable. It turned out it was no better than any other taxi on the road. Lalit and Mr. Madhusudhan had no other argument but to say that Lalit is an honest person. General Manager sent the front desk person and Lalit to my hotel at Mount Abu. They saw the complete security camera recording but their statement did not change. My question remain unanswered:

Why did Lalit tell lie that he saw porter taking Camcorder bag ?
Where did Camcorder bag go when it was not removed from the taxi ?
If the air conditioner was not working why did they give me that taxi.

Lalit's statement changed when I told him there is survilleance camera and recoding does not show it was removed by the porter. In spite of my lots of follow up, I did not get back my Camcorder that was left supposedly in hotel's taxi.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
BSC-UDR, General Manager at Hotel Ashish Palace, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Dear Sir,
I hve gone through the review of our hon. guest. In reply, I would like to inform that we do not provide any Taxi service from hotel. Neither in our web site nor eles where we mentioned for taxi services. Even after that if any one hired Taxi at his own then reliability should have been confirmed from the hotel managment.After happening the whole episode when our guest informed us, we immediately send the concerned persons to Amount Abu on our own cost.
From the above facts, we observed , hiring of Taxi with out our knowledge/confirmation was
the main reason for happenings and in any condition this was not our mistake. We provided our best hotel servises to our guest and we never claimed that we have taxi services of our own.
Thanks.
P.K.Roy.
(G.M.)

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

I went for my son tratment at Narayan seva sansthan, that time this hotel was one of the best option for stay due to closer top railway station and bus stand. east to get local conveyence, good sites facility, good sercices through help desk.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2010

The hotel provides very good service. The staff is very friendly. The room service was wonderful. The rooms are spacious. The food was good enough and not quite expensive. Everything about the hotel was good. Worth your money.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Baroda
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2010

good hotel in udaipur's prominent location. every facility available near to hotel. Various good restaurents located nearby.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Gurgaon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

I did my booking on phone after seeing pics on net. Hotel rooms were good & clean alongwith all necessary facilities. Food quality was good & price was also reasonable. Hotel is centrally loacted. Hotel is at walking distance from Market (Hathipole). Further, Hotel also arranged Taxi for City Tour. Overall a good experience.

• Liked — Good Rooms Cleaniness & good food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2007

I had been at Hotel Ashish Palace this month November 2007. I found the hotel is very cheap, good and clean with excellent facalities. It is localated at market place near cinema theater.
This place is good those who have small kids all shops are nearby. You might get a cheaper one but outside of the city.

Chetan Bangera
Mumbai.

Stayed November 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2005

Do not get fooled by the claims made by hotel on the Internet site. It claims to have free parking - but that is on the busy Chetak Marg (public road) and hotel does not have parking place of its own.

I also found dirt flies in toilets.

Overall not worth the money you pay - You would better hotel for that kind of charges

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
BSC-UDR, owner at Hotel Ashish Palace, responded to this review, 25 January 2007
Regarding this issue we would like to inform you that we are having sufficient parking place at just 25 meter way from our hotel. but if any one wants parking place at his doorstep then no one can provide the same.
Thanks.
B.S.Chhabra.

Travellers are raving about these Udaipur hotels