Jaiwana Haveli
US$472
Taj Hotels
US$93
US$58
Hotel The Tiger(Udaipur)(Great Value!)
US$12
  • Restaurant
The Leela Palace Udaipur(Udaipur)
US$338
US$100
US$74
US$511
  • Pool
Hotel Aashiya Haveli(Udaipur)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$28
  • Free Internet
US$60
US$30
2,450 results
All reviewstwo brothersrooftop restaurantcorner roomlake picholacity palacehis brotherno elevatorold cityjagdish templetop floorthird floorrooms are basicexcellent viewhot watermajor attractionsnarrow lanesexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2011

We stayed @ the Jaiwana Haveli for three nights and we had one of the most enjoyable stays yet in India. The brothers running this wonderful Haveli are some of the most Customer focussed individuals I've ever met. I'll return to Udaipur and I most certainly will stay at the Jaiwana Haveli.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2011

My friend and I stayed in the Jaiwana Haveli last Christmas and we loved it to pieces. Very nice place, beautiful views and fantastic, sympathetic and helpful staff. One of the best places on our trip in India. Very nice roof terrace and delicious food in the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2011

It has been a while since I have contributed to Tripadvisor as I now live and travel often in areas with limited Internet access. During a month-long vacation to India, however, I referred to Tripadvisor frequently and as I had such a pleasant stay at this hotel wanted to make it a point to contribute.

I stayed in a variety of hotel accommodations in India during the month of travel. Jaiwana Haveli definitely rated number one in terms of cleanliness. Although this hotel was likely not any newer than any others in which i had stayed, it has been carefully cleaned and maintained through the years - something which is evident the moment you walk in a room, see that the bedsheets have been properly cleaned, the bathrooms nicely scrubbed no dusty/dirty walls, ceilings and corners.

Aside from the cleanliness, the building itself is adorable, the rooms simple and white-wall fresh, with an amazing rooftop view from the restaurant.

The service was also remarkably efficient and appropriate. As a solo (and female) traveler on my week-end to Udaipur, and throughout much of my trip, I had a variety of service-related incidents - from the nonchalent/completely unhelpful attitude all the way to the way-too-overly helpful staff which, as a solo traveler, can also be a bit nerve-wracking. At Jaiwana Haveli however, the owners have well over a decade of hospitality experience and it shows in their ability to address customer needs and run a hotel the way one should be run (in my opinion, based on my standards, which are quite high given the amount of time I travel and spend in hotels).

Sometimes it can be one small item such as a grouchy reception man, a smelly bathroom, a gross stain on what purports to be a clean bedspread, that sets the stage for a disastrous stay. Similarly, consistent pleasant experiences such as a friendly voice when calling to reserve a room, and a warm confirmation email, walking in to a fresh smelling clean room, a nice pot of coffee in the morning at breakfast make an experience consistently positive.

There is a sign behind the reception stating something to the effect that they know you may find other hotels offering lower prices, but they know what they are worth. For hotels in this price range, you will likely not find a better stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterfront view
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2011

This hotel is very nice, the location is optimal and the staff really friendly. In addition, the restaurant on the roof does not only give a good view of Lake Pichola ... it is excellent!

We'll be back !

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2011

My partner and I stayed at Jaiwana Haveli on a whim, booking the night before we came into town, and could not have been happy with the result!!
We arrived late after a long train ride, only to be welcomed by the best staff we've seen in India.
Being young travelers ourselves in our mid twenties, it was refreshing to be greeted by two brothers a similar age to ourselves. Their professionalism mixed with ability to relate to guests was outstanding.
Although the hotel is not 5 stars in terms "luxury ratings" it was definitely 5-star for their category of hotels. Great value for money. Rooms are varied. My partner and I stayed in one of the newer remodeled rooms our last 2 nights, and wow I felt like I was at home in my master bedroom. Modern, clean, bright, great views.

Can't wait to go back and stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for: Corner room or newly remodeled room
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple