“Staff is amazing and my room was the perfect size”
Review of Jaiwana Haveli

Jaiwana Haveli
Ranked #7 of 156 Hotels in Udaipur
Austin, Texas
“Staff is amazing and my room was the perfect size”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I arrive in Udaipur earlier in the morning by train with no hotel reservations. I was extremely tired and after looking at some shady looking hostels in the area I came across Jaiwana Haveli. From the outside it looked like Jaiwana Haveli would be out of my price range but I thought I'd go have a look anyways. The men that greeted me at the front extremely nice and offer me a small room close to my budget. Pardeep one of the young men at the front carried my oversize backpack to my room. The room was small (they offer larger ones) with a twin size bed, night stand, and ceiling fan. There was a hot water shower and internet in room (luxuries I wasn't use to while traveling in India). Udaipur was one of my last stops in India during my 2 1/2 month travels and I can say with confidence that Jaiwana Haveli was the BEST value and service hotel I stayed at while traveling India (I stayed everywhere from the Hotel Taj Chandela in Khajuraho $200/nt to Old Yogi Lounge in Varanasi $3/nt). Examples of how amazing the staff was... I realized shortly after I got settled into my room that a piece of my glasses had fallen off on the train. The owner took me himself to the train station and we ended up finding the small piece that broke off my glasses. Then I ended up getting food poisoning from some peanut butter I had consumed on the train and the staff brought me medicine, water and cloves to ease my intense stomach pain. The rooftop restaurant had amazing views and delicious breakfast and dinner. The hotel also had a perfect location with views of Lake Pichola and close to all the major points of interest. I would recommend this hotel to anyone from the normal tourist to the backpacker that wants a break from the dirty hostels but doesn't want to blow their budget. I can't thank the staff enough for their kindness and I hope to return one day.

Room Tip: There is a small room on the third floor that is perfect for a solo traveler.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Yashwardhan, Owner at Jaiwana Haveli, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks for writing a glowing and detailed review for us. We are very pleased to know of your satisfaction with our services. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the accommodation a good value. We would happily welcome you again.
Wish you happy times ahead!
Warm Regards from all of us at Jaiwana haveli, Udaipur.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rosario, Argentina
Reviewed 27 January 2014

really nice hotel with an amazing view. Yes, the restaurant may be a little overpriced if you compare it to other hotels in India but you are paying for the place... its totally addictive... i spent every day in that terrace waiting for sunset.... the location is perfect even to go out at night for coffee or even a little shopping

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Yashwardhan, Owner at Jaiwana Haveli, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks for a lovely feedback. Your inspirational comments are a delightful read. We are happy to know that you found the hotel nice and restaurant addictive. It would be a pleasure to be of service to you again.
Best wishes from all of us at Jaiwana haveli, Udaipur.
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Duration of stay - 3 days with my significant other.
Location of hotel - Partially overlooking Lake Pichola. Lined with local markets once you step out.
Room - Partial view to Lake Pichola. The room was lined with small but elegant handicraft items.
Staff - Pleasant, efficient and courteous. Much gratitude to them and Harsh for making this a very pleasant stay.

Points to note -
1. Queen bed in the room (at least in our room). Might be a problem for a few, but not to us.
2. No telephones in the room, so no/limited room service.
3. Restaurant although roof-top has a beautiful view of the lake is a 4 storey climb. Might be a problem for a few old people.

All in all, a place I would like to visit again and probably will recommend others too.

Yashwardhan, Owner at Jaiwana Haveli, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Guests,
Thanks for reviewing us. We are glad to know of your pleasant stay. Your kind remarks are a great encouragement for us and make us deliver our best. We appreciate your comments about our accommodation and service. Your satisfaction delights us. We would happily welcome you again.
Antarctica
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My wife and I stayed 3 nights. The location of the property is close to all the major points of interest and has a killer view from the restaurant terrace. We ate most of our meals here as the food is good and the wait staff excellent. I'd like to make special mention of Lalu as he is just brilliant in the aspect of hospitality. The owners are likewise very helpful and welcoming. Keep in mind that there are no elevators here so you do get a bit of a workout climbing stairs if you, like us, had an upper floor room. Ours was #43 which was spacious and comfortable with a nice view over the lake. We did experience some annoying construction work noise next to our room though. It looks like they will be working on it for a while longer so something to keep in mind if you're thinking of booking this one. We also had problems with the hot water/water pressure in our room for some reason. Our taxi did not take us all the way to the hotel claiming that there is too much traffic, roads are too narrow, etc. This just was not true. Insist that your driver bring you all the way up as the roads are fine. Overall, this is a great mid-budget choice. Good value!

Yashwardhan, Owner at Jaiwana Haveli, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Guests,
Thanks for a generous review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and have pleasant memories. Your encouraging remarking about the food, service and value are very rewarding. We apologize for the noise due to work in progress, which fortunately is over now. Thanks for letting us know about the water pressure, we have taken corrective measures for the same. We would love to be of service to you again.
Best wishes from all of us at Jaiwana haveli.
Hawkinge, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,274 helpful votes
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We had a fabulous 3 days in Udaipur staying at this lovely hotel. It is perfectly located right beside the lake and mere steps from most of the major sites. It is less than 5 minutes walk to the city palace complex, the dance/puppet show theatre, the government boat dock and a host of shops and other restaurants. Our room was a corner high floor with a most fantastic view of the lake and the Lake Palace Hotel. A real million dollar view. The room was not huge but perfectly adequate, comfortably furnished with a good clean bathroom and a comfortable bed. The rooftop restaurant was really atmospheric with the same brilliant views and delicious food. The owners were incredibly helpful as were all the staff. there is literally nothng that they won't do to make your stay more enjoyable. We wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else if we were in Udaipur which we would hope to be again. Lovv

1 Thank alliebdive
Dear Guests,
Thanks for an exceptional review. We value your feedback. We are humbled by your observations and generous remarks. It's is very rewarding and inspiring to be recognized with your high recommendation. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased by our services.
We would love to welcome you again.
Wish you a great Year ahead!
Warm Regards from all of us at Jaiwana haveli.
Bangalore
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We booked our stay at Jaiwana Haveli based on tripadvisor reviews, and the place lived up to expectations. We were in a corner room, and the view of Lake Pichola was amazing. This entire area is a great place to be in since it's close to the palace, the local markets etc. The narrow streets around are bustling with activity all the time, and there are dozens of places to shop and eat. We felt like we were in the heart of all the action!
The people at Jaiwana Haveli are very friendly. Yash and his brother were great with suggestions on things to do. We ate at the rooftop restaurant a couple of times - slow but helpful service, good food and great view!
The room was maintained very well, and I was impressed with the cleanliness.
Only pain point - the corner room we stayed in was next to staircase (there is no elevator) - if you're a light sleeper, you'll very likely be awakened by the noise when people run up and down the stairs with luggage, especially for a late night or early morning check in/check out.

Room Tip: Corner room, for the view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Freddy-Sneha
Dear Guests,
Thanks for a generous review. It's heartwarming to have such recognition and kind remarks from you. We are glad we lived up to your expectations. It's been a joy serving you. We are happy that you enjoyed the location, food, service, cleanliness and the views. Our apologies for your sleep quality not being the best. We would love to welcome you again!
Wish you a fabulous year ahead!
NY
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This boutique hotel has spectacular rooftop views of Udaipur. The owners Harsh and Yash are very attentive, and pride themselves in the excellent service they provide to guests. Rooms are a bit small and bare. Those without a view are nothing noteworthy. If available try to splurge for the lake view rooms. Hotel location is also excellent.

Great value for money! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor are fairly noisy as they are right under the breakfast area.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guests,
Thanks for a wonderful review and a good recommendation. We are delighted to know of your pleasant stay and satisfaction with our small hotel. It's been a pleasure serving you. Though you felt that we are a boutique hotel, we neither claim nor aspire to be one. We are a family run small establishment and do pride ourselves in running our small place.Your remarks are a great source of encouragement for us. We are glad you found us to be a good value.
Wish you happy times ahead!