“Love it so much we EXTENDED our stay!”
Review of Jaiwana Haveli

Jaiwana Haveli
Ranked #7 of 156 Hotels in Udaipur
Richmond, Virginia
“Love it so much we EXTENDED our stay!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I can not say enough great things about this hotel. Very clean, comfortable and friendly! The staff will go above an beyond to meet your expectations. We decided to extend and Yash helped rearrange our entire trip to include calling other hotels to make arrangements allowing us to stay. Additionally, he ensured our taxi arrangements to Jaipur included stopping at an unexpected temple that we would have never found on our own. From the start of my stay till the end I was completely satisfied. When I visit Udaipur again this hotel is the only place I will stay!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Yashwardhan, Owner at Jaiwana Haveli, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Guests,
Thanks for a kind feedback. It's been a pleasure having you with us. We are very happy to know that you loved your stay and found the hotel clean and comfortable. We would happily welcome you again.
Best wishes from all of us at Jaiwana haveli, Udaipur.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

We had 4 nights in this wonderful hotel. The staff are wonderful nothing is too much trouble and the rooms are clean and very comfortable. The restaurant is excellent for all meals, we where never disappointed. The owners are very good at what they do and Lalu, Ghopal and the kitchen staff amazing always cheerful and ready to help with any questions. You feel like one of the family. Already decided to go back for my 50th in 2016. India and Udaipur are fascinating

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Yashwardhan, Owner at Jaiwana Haveli, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Guests,
Thanks for a warm and generous feedback. We are glad to know of your enjoyable visit and overall satisfaction. It's heartening to read that you felt like family here. We would love to welcome you again. Wish you happy times ahead!
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

A total and pleasant surprise. The hotel has a great location, management, restaurant and services. Additionally, they help us plan our day and on how to put on Saree. An example of what hotels should be in its caliber. Highly recommended.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Yashwardhan, Owner at Jaiwana Haveli, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Guests,
Thanks for an excellent feedback. We are happy to know that you were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed your stay with us. Your high recommendation is our best reward. We would love to welcome you again.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

What a great place to stay in Udaipur, we booked early and managed to get one of the rooms on the top floor with amazing views over the lake, it was great just to draw the curtain back and take in the view whilst in bed. We finished our 2 week drive around Rajasthan here, and it was definitely a good choice. Jalwana Haveli is right in the middle of town, walking distance to the palace, but still in a quiet location.
The management and staff were great, very helpful with excellent information on things to do, and places to visit.
We used the Haveli Restaurant most of the time. and the food was great, and what a spot to have a sundowner, the restaurant staff where just great, very polite and provided a great service.

Liked it so much, will be back in November 2014.

Sorry Yas but I think it's Man City for the Premiership title.

Room Tip: Try and book a room on the 3rd floor, the view is amazing.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests,
Thanks for a great feedback. It's heartening to know of your overall satisfaction with our accommodation, food, service,location and hospitality. Your inspiring comments are a joy to read. We feel warmly recognized. We look forward to seeing you again in November 2014.
Wish you a fabulous Year ahead!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Second time I have stayed here with our group. This time in the back part of the haveli.. it was lovely - but warning - January is COLD so make sure you have warm pyjamas because you may need them! The views from the rooftop restaurant cannot be beaten and the hosts are helpful and gracious Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Street is noisy at night.. take earplugs!! also the back rooms are lovely - no in the main part lif...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shazar_Robinson
Dear Guests,
Thanks for rewarding us with a generous review. We are delighted to know of your pleasant stay.
It's always been a pleasure serving you. We would love to welcome you again on many more visits. Wish you a great Year ahead!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I arrive in Udaipur earlier in the morning by train with no hotel reservations. I was extremely tired and after looking at some shady looking hostels in the area I came across Jaiwana Haveli. From the outside it looked like Jaiwana Haveli would be out of my price range but I thought I'd go have a look anyways. The men that greeted me at the front extremely nice and offer me a small room close to my budget. Pardeep one of the young men at the front carried my oversize backpack to my room. The room was small (they offer larger ones) with a twin size bed, night stand, and ceiling fan. There was a hot water shower and internet in room (luxuries I wasn't use to while traveling in India). Udaipur was one of my last stops in India during my 2 1/2 month travels and I can say with confidence that Jaiwana Haveli was the BEST value and service hotel I stayed at while traveling India (I stayed everywhere from the Hotel Taj Chandela in Khajuraho $200/nt to Old Yogi Lounge in Varanasi $3/nt). Examples of how amazing the staff was... I realized shortly after I got settled into my room that a piece of my glasses had fallen off on the train. The owner took me himself to the train station and we ended up finding the small piece that broke off my glasses. Then I ended up getting food poisoning from some peanut butter I had consumed on the train and the staff brought me medicine, water and cloves to ease my intense stomach pain. The rooftop restaurant had amazing views and delicious breakfast and dinner. The hotel also had a perfect location with views of Lake Pichola and close to all the major points of interest. I would recommend this hotel to anyone from the normal tourist to the backpacker that wants a break from the dirty hostels but doesn't want to blow their budget. I can't thank the staff enough for their kindness and I hope to return one day.

Room Tip: There is a small room on the third floor that is perfect for a solo traveler.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thanks for writing a glowing and detailed review for us. We are very pleased to know of your satisfaction with our services. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the accommodation a good value. We would happily welcome you again.
Wish you happy times ahead!
Rosario, Argentina
Reviewed 27 January 2014

really nice hotel with an amazing view. Yes, the restaurant may be a little overpriced if you compare it to other hotels in India but you are paying for the place... its totally addictive... i spent every day in that terrace waiting for sunset.... the location is perfect even to go out at night for coffee or even a little shopping

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Yashwardhan, Owner at Jaiwana Haveli, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks for a lovely feedback. Your inspirational comments are a delightful read. We are happy to know that you found the hotel nice and restaurant addictive. It would be a pleasure to be of service to you again.