“Beautiful and relaxing”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Mahendra Prakash
Ranked #14 of 163 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This beautiful hotel is like an oasis in a busy city. It is not directly on the lake but it is a short walk from everything, and the garden is one of the most beautiful I've seen, with a pool. The dining room had excellent food at all hours and a musician during breakfast. The front desk staff are very helpful and attentive. I was really impressed that they remembered I was going to the chemist to get some medication and later followed up to ask how I was feeling. I said I'd had a reaction to mosquito bites and they sent up a mosquito trap to my room later. Safe and relaxing, and caters to families and a quiet style of traveller.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Mahendra Prakash

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Mahendra Prakash was a home away from home, an oasis in a country of sensory overload. Our room was delightful, and the hotel gardens and courtyards very pleasant. Food was good, and the staff some of the most helpful I have experienced in two months in India. They went beyond the call: recommending a hair stylist and obtaining "emergency" train tickets for us while we took a two day side trip. We would stay here again and again....highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

A lot of pluses: deliberately designed for families (ie safe and does not welcome partiers), beautiful surroundings, breakfast includes homemade jam and a serenade by a local musician. I only have two recommendations to the management: tell people when they check in about the ayurvedic massage and cooking class options and tell them there is a well-lit library area beyond the restaurant. The rooms need more and taller lamps or brighter bulbs for us readers!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed here in August 2012 and it was fantastic. The room was clean and very pretty, the pool was great and the staff were the most helpful I have encountered. I cannot fault my stay in anyway. Would definitely come here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We decided on this hotel after reading all the positive reviews on TA. The hotel is 10-15 mins from station in a rick, in a peaceful yet well connected locality.

We had booked our room in advance and got a room as per our choice, pool facing on 1st floor. The room was very spacious with clearly distinguished living and bedroom areas, something we really liked. The view was nice and the hotel was very quiet and calm.

Now for the service, the check-in process was easy and went smoothly. We were shown to our room and the staff seemed courteous. However, we did face delays in room service on a few occasions with more than two calls being placed each time.

Now for the food, and this is where it gets very disappointing. The menu is aimed towards non-Indian guests and has a very limited Indian selection. In half-board, only breakfast option was available, and unfortunately, it was more or less the same thing every day. For lunch and dinner, the options were very limited as mentioned earlier, and no thali! Furthermore, the quality of the food was average at best, forcing us to either compromise or venture out for meals.

A good hotel, good staff and good management but sub-par dining facility makes this an average property.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Semblance
Reviewed 13 February 2014

In Brief.....

Good:
Location
Ambience
Partially Wheelchair Accessible Room 27 and possibly two other rooms on ground floor.
Complimentary Wifi
Swimming pool
TV (if you like that sort of thing)

Bad: For wheelchair users -
Front entrance has no slope to the foyer.
No slopes on the ground floor even though steps are only 2 or 3.
Uneven path to some rooms.
Steps to Restaurant
Less gadget charging points in the room

When we arrived we found the staff were alert and friendly. Once I explained the need of a room with a bathroom door that a wheelchair could pass we were shown to 27 which is unfortunately beyond the swimming pool plinth and so you have to climb two sets of 2 steps and down one set fo 2 steps and then an uneven path to the room (this is info for wheelchair users)

Once in the room it is spacious with plenty of storage place for bags. The bathroom is spacious enough and there is space next to the toilet to manoeuvre a wheelchair. The sink is accessible though mirror is too high.

The bed we had was of good size and the height was ok for transferring from a wheelchair. Comfortable mattress and good linen. The room has simple furniture of good quality.

There is nice pool in the courtyard and the general ambience of the hotel is typical of a heritage hotel. Nice looking restaurant with good service.

The hotel is very near a park and within 5 minute walk to the lake and 10 minutes to the very centre of the town. Good touristy shopping on the way to the main palace.

Room Tip: Room 27 is ok for disabled wheelchair users if you get help to get over the three sets of steps. Th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2014

After the livelong wish from my mother to visit India we finally went on the trip. To make this a decent experience one has to depend on nice people and places … this Hotel is one of them… it's welcoming and feels right like home! It's heritage breathes through the rooms that are modern and quite … as most of them face the inner garden with pool. The food is simple but incredible tasty … so it's perfect for a nice dinner after exploring the city! It's also a perfect starting point for walks as it's just down the road to the palace and nearby to some markets. I rather have a place with a nice calm feel to it then looking across the lake all night long. The management is very helpful in organizing tours … I can recommend Bilu as a driver (warm and kind hearted)!

I am looking forward to my next return bringing my kids as there is a park and a little Zoo just across the street!

Only thing I missed in this hotel was a cappuccino in the morning!

Room Tip: Room 12 is nice (2nd floor facing the inner garden) and next time I am going for Room 19 (also facin...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family