Eschewing the corporate, package-y or 'international' style of hotel, I came across this haveli quite by chance when booking flights and trains with cleartrip.com. They were offering a hefty discount, so I checked it out on tripadvisor and it ticked all the boxes.
The ground and first floors of this hotel date from the 16th century, but after decades of higgledy-piggledy extra levels being built it now has a rooftop with one of the best views in Udaipur. On the first night we sipped our drinks behind the latticed balconies up there, watching the sun set over the mountains and lake.
After a quick and easy check-in at reception we were taken to our room. One lift ride, small flight of stairs, corridor right, corridor left and another flight of stairs later, we reached it. What a shock:
* spacious bathroom with hot water? (check);
* four poster double bed? (check);
* separate, adjacent sitting room with daybed? (check);
* plump-cushioned daybed in window alcove of bedroom? (check);
* stained glass wooden windows? (check);
* tv that worked? (check).
* Gorgeous? (Check).
We couldn't have found a better place to finish our 18 day trip round Rajasthan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A place from where you can see sunrise, sunset and full moon with the beauty of Aravalli Mountains. A minute walk from City Palace, Lake Pichola and Bagore Ki Haveli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Anjani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anjani Hotel Udaipur