“Fantastic stay in Udaipur”
Review of Anjani Hotel

Anjani Hotel
Ranked #63 of 153 Hotels in Udaipur
Goa, India
“Fantastic stay in Udaipur”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We were provided with a courtesy pick up from the railway station as part of our 2 night bbd package and the journey took about 20 minutes. The reception staff were swift and polite at check in and our room 401 had spectacular views over the lake and mountains. Our friends room 403 was also nice. The room was clean, everything worked and our stay was very comfortable. The rooftop restaurant is absolutely fabulous and we had breakfast there every morning during our stay, also 1 lunch and 1 dinner which were also excellent and the service was friendly. Went for a quick dip in the courtyard swimming pool, a little on the cool side but rather refreshing. We were shown all the local sights by the hotel rickshaw / taxi driver Kalu. He was very good, reasonable with his prices and knowledgeable. The City Palace is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Loved Uadipur and was the best city of many that we have visited in India.

Room Tip: Room 401 was really nice with excellent views.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PetervCoventry
SukhwalVijay, Owner at Anjani Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Dear Guest

On my behalf and the entire team at the Anjani Hotel Udaipur, I like to thank our valued guests who have taken the time and made the effort to share their true experiences with others. I promise you that your comments will be great source of inspiration for us and assure of even more great hospitality and facility in future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We had a driver and he told us maybe by car he would not be able to reach the hotel because the streets are very small, so he stopped before the hotel and we took a "tuk tuk". There is an inclined path to the Hotel from the street nothing fancy, you will probably get scared and ask yourself what the heck you booked but give it a chance because when you reach the Hotel you will be happy. Is very nice and clean. My room had A/C and a very clean bathroom, the shower is included in the bathroom tho, no curtains at all. At the lobby you have Wi-Fi but do not expect a high speed conectivity. The stuff is friendly and the restaurant on the top is a must, because of the view.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank JosefinaArteaga
SukhwalVijay, Owner at Anjani Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Dear Guest

On my behalf and the entire team at the Anjani Hotel Udaipur, I like to thank our valued guests who have taken the time and made the effort to share their true experiences with others.Here you raised the few issues regarding the Wi-fi speed ,we always ensure that guest get best speed but sometimes it comes problem from the company supplying it,but we ensure to make it more better in future and other was regarding the shower curtain in the bathroom,that will be solved soon because the bathroom was recently renovated and due to season we were not able to install the separation glass which we will do it now. I promise you that your comments will be great source of inspiration for us and assure of even more great hospitality and facility in future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Anjani hotel reviews were good on Tripadvisor so I booked two rooms for my family. But you dont get what you pay for. Rooms are average, service is so so. Only plus point is the restaurant - food is served fresh n hot, tastes home cooked, and affordable. Also, the restaurant has a good view of the Pichola lake.. Staff were polite and accommodative.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Greater Noida, India
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Stinking rooms, stinking toilets, never cleaned swimming pool, pathetic food and disgusting services, that is how I describe Anjani Hotel of Udaipur. I stayed there for 13th and 14th Mar with my family. I had the most terrible experience of my life. My daughter is 2 years old. Whenever I requested them to boil the milk I had to fight with them. They are so insensitive about your needs (I am not talking about the comfort), the basic needs like mine were ignored repeatedly. No one was there to listen to the complaints.
Please, please avoid this hotel whenever you go to Udaipur.

Room Tip: Chose a hotel that gives you good service because after roaming around for 8-9 hrs in market and sig...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We booked this hotel as our stay was very short. The location is very good good and the rooms are cosy, with old style furniture, old TV etc., The only problem is the hot water as they dont have a good system and during the peak hour in the morning, hot water stops . City palace is just a walking distance and there is a nice Jagadish temple close by.
The reception took my driving license and promised to send it back to my room, which they never did.
This is a good budget hotel and best for backpackers .

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank AnilkumarMuniswamy
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We visited Udaipur during december month, it was very cold. Few things I would like to highlight about the hotel.

1. Rooms were preety good with multi colored curtains and furnitures, like typical Rajasthani decore.
2. Bath rooms where like another room. Too big with all amenities.
3. Hotel staff were average. Not very enthusiast to guide and were very professional.
4. Wifi only at ground floor at the reception and it was free.
5. Food was average. You will not appreciate it much, but yes you can have it without any complain.

Room Tip: It is not required to choose lake facing rooms, because even if you get one, you will hardly have go...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rantu S
Lincoln, VT
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I've stayed twice at the Anjani and always remember it fondly as my favorite hotel in India. Udaipur is, for India, a beautiful clean town, and the Anjani is perfectly located. The nicer rooms (be sure to request a room with a view of the lake, and ask to see several rooms as they are very different one from the other) have great alcoves with the classic fluted windows with colored glass. The staff is very kind, and laid-back, and the haveli itself is a classic, with differing patios, staircases, and alcoves. I also hired a car from Lalu, and the driver, Lokesh, was excellent. He was calm, didn't try to pass all the time and risk our lives, and the car was well-maintained and air-conditioned. The website says the rooms have wifi, but that isn't the case anymore. However, if you stay near the office, you can get wifi in your room, and they even gave me a mobile phone to use as a hotspot for wifi in my room, since I had to have it for work puposes. I love the Anjani, and can't imagine staying anywhere else when in Udaipur.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a traditional alcove, high up overlooking the city.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo