“Romantic Udaipur”
Review of Anjani Hotel

Anjani Hotel
Ranked #72 of 165 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Anjani hotel is a great place to stay.Its full of character,rooms are large with comfy beds.The view from the roof top resteraunt is really lovely at sunrise or sunset. tReally nice famity who run the place.We would recommend highly.It is great value.so try it and see,

Room Tip: All thr rooms appear to be good
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pam L
SukhwalVijay, Owner at Anjani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Guest
On my behalf and the entire team at the Anjani Hotel Udaipur, I like to thank our valued guests who have taken the time and made the effort to share their true experiences with others. I promise you that your comments will be great source of inspiration for us and assure of even more great hospitality and facility in future.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

We were provided with a courtesy pick up from the railway station as part of our 2 night bbd package and the journey took about 20 minutes. The reception staff were swift and polite at check in and our room 401 had spectacular views over the lake and mountains. Our friends room 403 was also nice. The room was clean, everything worked and our stay was very comfortable. The rooftop restaurant is absolutely fabulous and we had breakfast there every morning during our stay, also 1 lunch and 1 dinner which were also excellent and the service was friendly. Went for a quick dip in the courtyard swimming pool, a little on the cool side but rather refreshing. We were shown all the local sights by the hotel rickshaw / taxi driver Kalu. He was very good, reasonable with his prices and knowledgeable. The City Palace is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Loved Uadipur and was the best city of many that we have visited in India.

Room Tip: Room 401 was really nice with excellent views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PetervCoventry
SukhwalVijay, Owner at Anjani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We had a driver and he told us maybe by car he would not be able to reach the hotel because the streets are very small, so he stopped before the hotel and we took a "tuk tuk". There is an inclined path to the Hotel from the street nothing fancy, you will probably get scared and ask yourself what the heck you booked but give it a chance because when you reach the Hotel you will be happy. Is very nice and clean. My room had A/C and a very clean bathroom, the shower is included in the bathroom tho, no curtains at all. At the lobby you have Wi-Fi but do not expect a high speed conectivity. The stuff is friendly and the restaurant on the top is a must, because of the view.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank JosefinaArteaga

Dear Guest

On my behalf and the entire team at the Anjani Hotel Udaipur, I like to thank our valued guests who have taken the time and made the effort to share their true experiences with others.Here you raised the few issues regarding the Wi-fi speed ,we always ensure that guest get best speed but sometimes it comes problem from the company supplying it,but we ensure to make it more better in future and other was regarding the shower curtain in the bathroom,that will be solved soon because the bathroom was recently renovated and due to season we were not able to install the separation glass which we will do it now. I promise you that your comments will be great source of inspiration for us and assure of even more great hospitality and facility in future.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Anjani hotel reviews were good on Tripadvisor so I booked two rooms for my family. But you dont get what you pay for. Rooms are average, service is so so. Only plus point is the restaurant - food is served fresh n hot, tastes home cooked, and affordable. Also, the restaurant has a good view of the Pichola lake.. Staff were polite and accommodative.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Stinking rooms, stinking toilets, never cleaned swimming pool, pathetic food and disgusting services, that is how I describe Anjani Hotel of Udaipur. I stayed there for 13th and 14th Mar with my family. I had the most terrible experience of my life. My daughter is 2 years old. Whenever I requested them to boil the milk I had to fight with them. They are so insensitive about your needs (I am not talking about the comfort), the basic needs like mine were ignored repeatedly. No one was there to listen to the complaints.
Please, please avoid this hotel whenever you go to Udaipur.

Room Tip: Chose a hotel that gives you good service because after roaming around for 8-9 hrs in market and sig...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We booked this hotel as our stay was very short. The location is very good good and the rooms are cosy, with old style furniture, old TV etc., The only problem is the hot water as they dont have a good system and during the peak hour in the morning, hot water stops . City palace is just a walking distance and there is a nice Jagadish temple close by.
The reception took my driving license and promised to send it back to my room, which they never did.
This is a good budget hotel and best for backpackers .

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank AnilkumarMuniswamy
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We visited Udaipur during december month, it was very cold. Few things I would like to highlight about the hotel.

1. Rooms were preety good with multi colored curtains and furnitures, like typical Rajasthani decore.
2. Bath rooms where like another room. Too big with all amenities.
3. Hotel staff were average. Not very enthusiast to guide and were very professional.
4. Wifi only at ground floor at the reception and it was free.
5. Food was average. You will not appreciate it much, but yes you can have it without any complain.

Room Tip: It is not required to choose lake facing rooms, because even if you get one, you will hardly have go...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family