OYO 4771 Hotel Anjani
Madri Haveli(Udaipur)
  • Breakfast included
Mewar Haveli(Udaipur)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsswimming poolrooftop restaurantcity palaceold cityhot waterjagdish templewalking distancepichola lakebudget hotelper daywindow seatreception areahotel is locatedheritage propertydelicious foodindiagangaur
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2010

I stayed here for a week and enjoyed the hotel and staff very much. The rooms are beautiful, the rooftop restaurant lovely (especially at night), and the location is great. I was able to walk to so many places from the hotel, which is tucked away on a quiet alley away from the noise of the city. But it's really the staff who made my stay even better. Vikram and Dinesh made sure I had everything I needed, and they were wonderful company for me at the end of a long day. They helped me with sightseeing ideas and tips to navigate the city with ease. They were always available, 24/7. I don't think they get enough sleep! Vimal works at the front desk and he is so helpful and kind. My flight to Delhi was canceled at 9pm the night before my next day departure. Vimal worked late to find and book me another flight in the morning, which was certainly above and beyond expectations. He works long hours and stayed late to help me. Thank you a million times over to Vikram, Dinesh, and Vimal!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Pros: Good location (walking distance to many of the main sites)
Large rooms, nice hotel decor, very authentic Rajasthani style.
Great views from rooftop restaurant
Good water pressure in the bathroom.
Friendly, helpful staff.
Beds were comfortable- a gift! Since many of the hotels had very hard mattresses

CONS: -very very slow service at the rooftop restaurant & limited food choices! We bared eating there for our included breakfasts, but for other meals we ate elsewhere. In fact, there was hardly anyone there at the restaurant, so I think that says something!
- they never came once to clean our room or provide clean towels in the 3 days we stayed there. When I asked them why, they said because we never gave them the room key!!
- the locks they use to close the room doors are these huge padlocks with a key, and very cumbersome to open and close, it was irritating!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2010

HAVELI ANJANI KI, UDAIPUR

This is an over 100 year old haveli / house converted into a hotel near the Udaipur Lake. The architecture is beautiful and most interesting. Inside is a maze with corridors going in circles and several staircases leading to different levels. The property has an artistic decor with old paintings, interior and furniture. It even boasts of an indoor swimming pool and 2 lake view terraces. The terraces have dining and lounging arrangements where guests can relax with a beer on the mattresses in covered jharokhas. Because of the unique ancient architecture and aethetic appeal, such haveli's are very popular amongst international tourists. It is conveniently located in the busy main market surrounded by several cafe's, intenational cuisine restaurants and local handicraft shops. Also located within a 7 minute walk is the lake and the Bagore Ki Hveli, a museum which hosts cultural performances in the evening. Our beautifully done up suite set us back by approximately Rs.2400. I bet you couldn't get anything better for that price in the city.

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed 16 May 2010

Great rooms in reasonable price. Peaceful place , right in the market, very close to the Jagdish temple and the lake.
The restaurant serves excellent morning breakfast( fixed) for Rs 100.

• Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed 8 May 2010

We changed our hotel in Udaipur to stay here once we saw their great pool (only available for guest use so nice and quiet). Really clean and fresh hotel, quiet and family friendly, also a good spot to meet fellow travellers pool side. The restaurant is great and definitely worth any wait - which only means it's all fresh!!! I absolutely loved the food - some of the best Indian food we'd had - even after 2 months in india- the thali and galub jamon are amazing! Its a cleaner and quieter hotel as it's tucked at the end of a small side street path off from the road which is appreciated. The location and views of the lake are perfect, and the staff are extremely helpful and most importantly very professional. Our favourite hotel in 2 months of traveling in India - we were amazed it was so cheap!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends