“Anjani Hotel”
Review of Anjani Hotel

Anjani Hotel
Ranked #78 of 165 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 15 July 2010

On advice of some friends we staid in the Anjani Hotel in Udaipur. We hade a tarific time in this hotel. This hotel makes you feel you jump into a ferytail with his amazing rooms, friendly personnel and his spectacular rooftop terrace. The management of the hotel is really helpful in all sort of ways. The Anjani Hotel deserves our pick in Udaipur!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 July 2010

We had good times in here. Clean and very beautiful rooms, a pool and friendly staff. The food could have been better and for us backpackers it was a bit above the budget. But the pool was worth it.
The sad thing is, that it was hard to get in contact with other travelers, but that hasn't necessarily to be the fault of the hotel.
All in all it was a good and quite luxurious place to stay if I compare it to other "hotels" in india ;)

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I found this hotel through the Lonely Planet, and checked on Trip Advisor to find out more.

Everything I read on TA made me think it sounded like my ideal hotel, and it proved to be - I planned to stay 1-2 nights in Udaipur and ended up staying 4 nights/5 days! I found it so hard to leave - both the hotel and the City!

The hotel cannot be seen from the road where one gets dropped off, so you climb a small alley with beautiful paintings on the walls and decorated windows etc until you get to the hotel - what a treat! It is located in an old Royal House (a Heritage Hotel) and is beautiful, and so quiet.

I made the time to speak to the delightful owner and his colleagues upon checking in, they were incredibly helpful and gave me the history of the building which is fascinating! The house was originally given to a family in return for their help by the Maharajah, and the owners Grandfather bought it off the original family about 50 years ago. I was beginning to think I would like my stay in Udaipur and I was not proved wrong on any level!

Its great having a Pool to cool off in, although there were one or two insects in it occasionally, it was Monsoon season though (which is actually not a bad time to visit, it only rains for short periods normally!)

The room service was delightful, all the staff were so friendly and we chatted and joked every day! The restaurant is meant to be fantastic according to Lonely Planet but sadly I did not get to try it as I was out and about seeing people and things!

My room was super, it had 2 bay windows with sofas in each, opening windows (for the INCREDIBLE view!), the aforementioned view of the Lake, Monsoon Palace and the river. My room was Number 304 - highly recommended. It was so nice waking up, opening the windows and sitting on my bed looking at the view for a few minutes! Plus the roof top view is stunning, the mountains in the background are amazing! The TV hardly worked throughout my stay in my room, which was my only one minor complaint, the reception was v poor.

There is so much to do in this City - The Royal Palaces (in the plural!), the Monsoon palace on the hills, the amazing 371 tombs of previous Maharajahs, Horse riding in the valleys and villages around (a great way to see the real india of the country, and v close to Udaipur, its owned by the Maharajah's younger brother)

All in all its fantastic, I genuinely can't wait to return to the Venice of India, and this hotel! 5* service without the cost (and I have stayed at Raffles in Singapore etc so know what this means!)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We stayed in room 306 which had a lovely big comfy 4 poster bed with fluffy pillows, satellite TV, fan A/C and a really nice window seat in a stained glass bay window. The bathroom was clean with hot water and a shower over the bath - we even had towels, soap, toilet paper, shampoo, shower gel and shaving kits provided - which is a great bonus for a hotel in this price bracket. Our rate included breakfast (the puri bajhi was excellent!). I can't recall exactly how muchg we paid, we were on a backpacker budget and this cost a little more than we would normally spend but the hotel was well worth it. The hotel also has a pool (we didn't use it though because the water was a bit too cold as it doesn't get much sun), roof top bar with great views and free internet.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Dear Vimal,
We wanted to thank you so much for the assistance you gave us on our very first day in India! Your staff's service was excellent, and we felt at home immediately. Our suite was absolutely lovely, and we enjoyed our breakfasts and dinner on the rooftop terrace very much. We would also like to thank you for sending Kalu to pick us up from the airport, he was extremely professional and friendly, also during the guided tour he gave us the following morning. We could not have hoped for a better guide!
Again, thank you for everything, we will definitely recommend Anjani Hotel to every friend who wants to visit your wonderful city.
Anna, Alessandro & Claire
Italy and UK

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Sukhwalsab, Owner at Anjani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2010

Dear Anna & Friends

On behalf of the entire team at the Anjani Hotel Udaipur, I like to thank our valued guests who have taken the time and made the effort to share their true experiences with others.We look forward to your future visits .

Reviewed 11 June 2010

A good hotel with a very nice architecture. Our room was very big with a separate living room. Unfortunately, it didn't have the view over the Lake Pichola I was looking for...not a big problem finally. Big and comfortable bed. Very quiet at night. The roof top restaurant and terrasse is wonderful. It offers a nice view over the city and the Lake Pichola. It has normal tables with chairs or low tables with cushioned beds to sit on or lie down. The staff at the roof top restaurant is very friendly, and it's a pity that not many people go there to eat because the food is very good, fresh and made-to-order.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Stay is wonderful. The Restaurant quality is super. The time taken for service can be reduced. Situated in the centre of old heritage part of Udaipur. Staff are very helpful and co-operative.
Just ba nice place to spend a leisurely holidays.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family