“Great place!”
Review of Hotel The Tiger

Hotel The Tiger
Ranked #71 of 163 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We spent 4 nights here - and thoroughly enjoyed every single day. The owner, Gunther, couldn't have been more helpful, and the staff were super. The hotel is superbly placed for walking to the Palace, the Pichola Lake and local village life. The rooftop restaurant was closed because we were off season, but we spent time just chilling on the roof and enjoying the wonderful view (sunsets here are spectacular).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Biddi
There are newer reviews for Hotel The Tiger

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay in Udaipur, really close to Lake Pichola that is amazing for sunset views. Unfortunately their rooftop restaurant was closed as per offseason. Breakfast at Edelweiss was very good, I had a great tuna sandwich. It's also very close to a boat ride point that the owner of Tiger, Gunther, had told me to go. It's really amazing to see Udaipur from boat.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Julianaflopes
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I went back to The Tiger last month, and I liked my stay even better, the personal treated me like an old friend and I enjoyed once more the perfect setting on the terrace, the delicious breakfast and the perfect service.
It is such a nice change to the usual pseudo-Maharaja-style that you see in most places!

Room Tip: There are some rooms with a view on the lake....
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank David G
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This is a beautiful hotel and very good value for money. The staff were very attentive and the general atmosphere is very laid back - its a lovely place to return to after the hubbub of udaipur. A little room tip This little hotel close to Udaipur's main lake was a surprise to me. Squeezed in between several other houses it opens its great view over the lake and city palace as soon as you reach the roof top restaurant. It is lokated in very good distance to all sight seeing points of Udaipur,.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank simon9610
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I was recommended the Tiger Hotel by a friend, and I was so happy I was.

Although the entrance to the hotel is not much to look at (is down a narrow alley), once inside all that is forgotten. It could perhaps account for the peace and quiet once inside so I definitely would not fault it.
Unfortunately we did not have a room overlooking the lake (which I had heard would be the best ones to go for), but other than the lack of a view there was nothing to fault it. It was suitably spacious, clean, comfortable bed and a clean bathroom with hot water.

The views from the rooftop restaurant are absolutely amazing, and I imagine are one of the best in Udaipur. The food itself was also fantastic - both breakfast and dinner. Although that did mean that we could not partake of the gorgeous cakes from the German Cafe (Edelweiss) opposite the hotel (owned by hotel) as often as I would have wanted.

The staff were alo unbelievably helpful; Anirudh seemed to be available any time of day to serve us meals (times of which were changed to suit us) and answer any questions we had about the area. The manager Pritam and another colleague were also very helpful in providing us with local knowledge, especially about day trips by local bus transport - which is definitely an experience in itself.

Udaipur and our stay at The Tiger was definitely the highlight of our 3 week stay in India and if ever I had the opportunity to return I would definitely stay at The Tiger again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elisabeth1968_12
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I'll keep this short and sweet for once-
An excellent guest house that was seriously good value for money. Clean, affordable simple accommodation cared for with love. Absolutely breathtaking views and sunset on the rooftop terrace. Udaipur was our favourite city in Rajasthan and if I returned for sure I would stay at the Tiger.

We didn't eat there but the restaurant across the road the German bakery/edelweiss from memory was excellent with great coffee. We also went to a place called Savage Garden and it was just magic.

The receptionist here was fabulous so helpful and caring as were all the staff and the massage was seriously one of the best we have had in India- DEFINITELY get a massage in the Tiger- fab!

Ladies if you want a treat head to the Celebration mall for a wash a blow dry on the second floor beautiful salon, body shop etc. I know...cultural fail but hey when travelling around India sometimes you need to feel human again...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank singlegirlerin
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Loved this Hotel. Small, personable and beautiful.......in a great spot and quiet. The rooms are lovely with different themes, spacious to say the least. Fantastic staff only too willing to help with any query. They also own the Edelweis Bakery out on the street which is great for coffees and lovely breakfast. The rooftop restaurant has stunning views over Udaipur and the Lake, Lake Palace and City Palace. The in house spa and massage centre is great and so relaxing. I would not look at staying anywhere else in Udaipur except here. There is not lift in the Hotel but walking up and down stairs has never been a problem for us. Thank you Tiger, loved our stay with you.

Room Tip: With no lift on the premises, maybe a first floor room is the way to go. You will still have to wal...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends