“Excellent place to stay in udaipur ”
Review of Karohi Haveli

Karohi Haveli
Ranked #53 of 161 Hotels in Udaipur
“Excellent place to stay in udaipur ”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I liked the lake facing view from my room and rooftop candlelit dinner. Rooms give you royal feel. Staff is nice and helpful.

Hotel is situated at the bank of Lake pichola . It's near to main tourist attractions of udaipur.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anil K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
mtmontague
Reviewed 13 August 2014

On a hill, Karohi Haveli offered a great view of the lake and surrounding community. My stay there was average to above average, the pool (clean and relaxing) being the highlight. My only serious complaint was eating at the restaurant one evening. Shortly thereafter I was sick with food poisoning all night and most of the rest of the day. I informed the staff of my illness and they shrugged their shoulders and told me to go to the chemist. Upon checkout, they didn't take the dinner off my bill, which would have been the LEAST they could do. Also, I had several pieces of laundry washed during my stay. Upon inspection, I saw that one colored shirt was ruined with what I expect was several splashes of bleach. I suggest that the management find another laundry service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I think the title can tell you that I loved this place and would recommend everyone to be part of it.

View:
Depends, if you are taking lake side or city side.
We opted for lake side and it was beautiful in morning!! Score 1.

Hotel Ambiance:
Go and experience the vibrancy and the exclusivity of living in Haveli. I loved the veranada. Oh! so beautiful and mesmerizing it is. Will post pictures soon.
You can sit here and compose a beautiful poem on a lovely day. The setting is so calm and romantic, if only it wasn't in the center of haveli ;)
Score +1

Pool:
'SPLASH' is the word, my friends. Clean, blue and open till 9 PM. So you can come from your excursion trips and dive in it without thinking anymore.
Score +1

Room:
Big with jharokhas. Clean bed sheet and beautiful curtains.
Score +2
Negatives can be the TV set. Old world but who complains when you're out whole day.

Room Service and people around:
Very warm and friendly people.
Only, I wish the manager not speaking in brit accent. We, Indians love our thick accent.
And, their helpers sleep on floor. Not really you want to see your good friendly guy sleeping on floor. :(
Score -1

Cafeteria:
I love the view from the top. And they reserved us the corner table. So nice they are. We had our dinner turned into candle light in the most private and beautiful part of roof.

And food is amazing. Mind you, really sumptuous. We had taken MAP and it was inclusive of breakfast and dinner. And, they didn't disappoint us. The food and helpers are very nice.

Order Indian and you wont regret.

However, the breakfast can be bit dry as they reserve the indoor cafe for it and the menu is kind of OK but clean and tasty.

Another important thing is the service. It is very slow because they take time to prepare your food. So, for your own good belly, come bit early and order.

And the cafe is closed from 12 PM to 7 PM. So, you have to go out to eat.

Another thing is wifi, from our room we couldn't access it maybe room specific issue.

Overall, loved our experience at this beautiful haveli and would recommend to all family and friends.

Thank you owners for your love and care. :)

Room Tip: Choose room on second floor and lake facing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Located in old city but well maintained spacious heritage property. We had the corner Super Deluxe Room on first floor which was spacious enough for two people.

Pros: Food is amazing, clean property, ample of parking, famous restaurants (Ambrai, 1559 AD, Jagat Niwas etc) are nearby, pool was clean, staff is generally helpful, view from hotel is good, old city market is nearby and you can spend the evening at the LAL GHAT (its truly amazing - serene).

Cons: Breakfast has limited options, staff is inclined to serve foreign tourists for obvious reasons, although the food is great but terrace restaurant needs immediate refurbishment, TVs needs to be replaced by LCDs

All together, I had a nice experience with this hotel and can stay again.

Room Tip: Super Deluxe corner rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a Haveli, look no further. Simply a gorgeous building and furnishings. The view was breathtaking. The breakfast was fine, and the dinner was incredible. The ambience is so much nicer than a hotel. We dud have a trouble with our booking, but we were placed at another equally as nice Haveli. While changing properties was not what we wanted, the staff was kind and helpful. We decided it was easier to be flexible and accepting. Finding the property was tricky, but our driver did well. I would stay here again anytime.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We checked into this beautiful room overlooking the lake. As an expat Indian craving for hindi songs, I switched on the TV. An old song from "mera saaya " was playing. Just out of the blue, in a surreal momment , I was seeing the Jagadish temple from my room window and the exact same scene in the song!!!! just made my trip to Udaipur so much more special

About the hotel itself, its got a beautiful courtyard, great place to reaad newspapers and magazines and make your trip plans. while you do so, the service is great, yo can order chai.
The rooftop restaurant overlooking the lake is magical. Food is the usual North Indian fare.
One thing you need to be careful: the entrance to the hotel is at a higher gradient. If you happen to take a richshaw, make sure its not old one...or at least has enough life in the engine to rev up!!! Interesting things can happen!!

Room Tip: The room overlooking the lake had these small sit out by the window. Its large enough for 2 small ki...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The best thing about this place is the location. It is located right in the heart of the City. All the major attractions are walking distance. The Hotel is located on a small hill top. It is a Haveli which is converted to a hotel and as you walk in you get the feling of waling in to a royal place. The rooms are nice and spacious. The staff is very very polite and ever so helpful.
The roof top restautant is one of the best place to relax after a long day, overseeing the lake and City Palace.
All in all a very good place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends