All reviewscity palaceview of the lakelocation is greatwalking distanceroof terracehotel is locatedclean hotelno liftpleasant stayold citypaintingslakeviewrajasthan
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We had 3 days at KN. The room was good though you had to climb up 2 flights every time as there is no elevator. Food options were limited to breakfast and we had to go out for meals. The manager was very efficient and he organised trip to Kumbalgarh / Ranakpur for us. Overall good stay...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meghana T
digvijayr89, General Manager at Hotel Krishna Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Guests,
Thanks for adding your valuable feedback and recommending us highly.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your overall stay and the hospitality at Hotel Krishna Niwas. We certainly take this opportunity to serve lunch & dinner in Krishna Niwas.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you again.

Best wishes from all of us at Hotel Krishna Niwas.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Really friendly staff (young man who was going to visit France later this year!), we stayed in the superior ac room that didn't really have much of a view (view of the building next door) but we really didn't need anything more: the room was very comfortable, clean, and spacious. The rooftop was a great place to chill out with a beer (provided at reception for 150rs) and watch the sun set over the mountains. Good location close to the main tourist strip but calm so that you don't get woken up by the normal Indian honking!
Would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms have a good view of the lake but if you're not bothered about seeing the lake first thing as you wake in the morning don't bother, the rooftop is amazing!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VHRCoco

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Krishna Niwas, Udaipur.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at Hotel Krishna Niwas.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Krishna Niwas soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Not often do I bother to write comments or reviews on websites, but my stay at the Krishna Niwas left me with no option but to tell anyone who will listen "Go visit!"

From the moment you arrive you are made to feel very welcome. The staff go out of their way for you with nothing to hard for them, what makes it special is that they are all so very genuine. The facilities are great, clean and make for a warm atmosphere, great hotel, great location and fantastic staff! Digvijay -- Hats off to you!! Will not stay at any other place whenever I visit Udaipur!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pri_26
digvijayr89, General Manager at Hotel Krishna Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Krishna Niwas, Udaipur.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Hi!

I'm Lindsay from Toronto, Canada. I didn't stay at this hotel because I booked at another place days prior to my arrival in Udaipur. This is such an amazing little city. Honestly a hidden gem and I wish I had more time allotted here.

My friend and I heard about this hotel and its fabulous cooking classes! Thinking it would be a cool thing to do, and a skill to bring home to share with friends and family, I attended.

IT WAS AMAZING!

Best food, best teacher, hands on, meal provided, a couple hours long, super clean, and the tastes are just to die for! We got a little cookbook recipe guide at the end and you have the option of buying the actual spices used as well for a very reasonable price. The Masala Chai Tea is literally UNREAL. We bought that spice :)

This is a family run hotel and they are the sweetest, most thoughtful family. The husband has beautiful art, the wife has amazing talents in the kitchen, the two daughters are studying Psychology and Geology and their youngest 14 year old son has dreams of a piano music scholarship in England.

The whole family has been invited, by one the families who stays at their hotel, to Rome for a week so the wife can provide a full 3 day cooking class, the husband provides art classes and the son plays the piano. Not only am I so proud of their many talents, outstanding English but I am so excited for them to travel outside of India for the first time and visit Europe! Good luck guys!!!

Just a wonderful atmosphere and the MOST BEAUTIFUL terrace on the top that overlooks the entire city and it is so romantic and girlie and candlelit in the evening!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE IN UDAIPUR!

Hope I can come back one day!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is its location, which is ideal for exploring Udaipur. The two rooms I saw - including the one in which I spent one night - were pretty standard and perfectly adequate. It's a clean if slightly soulless place. A fair few stairs to climb. Overall it did the job but didn't wow. Similarly-priced Mewar Haveli next door, with its attractive rooftop restaurant and more polished service, might be a better choice.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,
We truly appreciate and thank you for your time and effort to share your experience with us, especially for appreciating the Room and Cleanliness. I am delighted to know that our team’s effort made your stay comfortable. We do hope you will recommend us to your friends and associates.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Best Wishes