Hotel Krishna Niwas
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscooking classcity palacelake viewbeautiful paintingslocation is greatwalking distancegeneral managerroof terraceclean hotelhotel is locatedbudget hoteltourist attractionsstayed for nightsnice stayold citylakeviewmr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2010

My wife and I stayed in September 2010 for 5 amazing nights. Krishna Niwas is in a perfect location with easy access to the major sites within walking distance. It is also easily accessible by both the bus and train stations. Enticed by the wonderful aromas from the in-house kitchen, my wife took a cooking class with Sushma which we happily enjoyed afterwards. The rooftop view of the water offers spectacular sunsets. Unable to find decent henna artists in town, Sushma was able to arrange for an artist to show up at the hotel and provide lovely henna in a homely environment. All the staff were eager to help and offer insight into the magical world of India. The in house art and the warm family hosts brings a slice of home to Udaipur. We'd stay again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2010

The Hotel, Krishna Niwas is a fabulous experience. I wish that i had booked to stay longer but am on a tight timetable to travel India in two months. The hotel staff are wonderful and cater for your every need while also providing lessons in both cookery and art. Digvijay (manager) was very knowledgeable about the local area and helpful in poiting me in the right direction every day with a smile, even let me use the computer to deal with internet contacts.
The location of this hotel in Lal Ghat provides it with an enchanting view of the lake palace :) I enjoyed looking out from my window in room 104 for the two mornings i was there and then moving up to the rooftop cafe area with stunning views of the lakes, palaces, temples and mountains.
Sushma's cookery lesson was fabulous with an interesting insight into just what goes into Indian cuisine and i made my first samosas and chapatis - which were a great success and i will try again at home. Sushma's breakfast was a delight every morning, i particularly recommend the banana porridge :)
When i return to Udaipur i will certainly be staying here again and would recommend it to others :)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2010

This has been one of my favourite place in India.

The staff were really friendly and the room was comfortable with a decent view of the lake, although you paid for it by trekking up quite a few stairs! It's also in a much quieter spot than some of the other hotels we checked out.

The cooking class was pretty solid: the food was very tasty (but also very salty) although I would have preferred to have been a bit more hands-on.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2010

My friend and I were traveling through India for 3 weeks and our stay in Udaipur was a highlight. We did not stay at this hotel but we spent lots of time here because we took Sushma's Cooking Classes two days in a row (we liked the first session so much we requested a second class the next day). Sushma was very accommodating and full of information and she sent us packing with all of the recipes we made very full stomachs. This cooking school is the best in Udaipur and it was also the first. Sushma has been teaching tourists to cook for over 11 years.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I cannot fault this hotel - the rooms are comfortable (proper mattresses), clean and ours had a lake view.

The service was exceptionally friendly and welcoming.

The cooking class was good too!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple