“A lovely stay in Udaipur”

Hotel Krishna Niwas
Ranked #59 of 151 Hotels in Udaipur
Jaipur, India
“A lovely stay in Udaipur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

Krishna Niwas is a delightful place to stay - the owners are really lovely and talented people - artists, chefs and musicians. The rooms are beautifully painted with love and the service was excellent. We felt at home here and even did a cooking class which was brilliant! I have no hesitation recommending this hotel - it's right beside the palace too!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Copenhagen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

Mu husband and I stayed at the Hotel Krishna Niwas for two nights.

After a misunderstanding with another hotel, we arrived in Udaipur without having any room booked. We called Hotel Krishna Niwas, and fortunately there were able to help us.

The hotel is located very close to Pichola lake, so you can walk to pretty much everything you want to see in Udaipur.

The rooms very quite big, clean, nicely decorated and our had a nice view over the lake.

On the rooftop of the hotel is a small restaurant (few tables but no-one to take your order) with the most beautiful wiew!! Unfortunately only breakfast is served, and the menu is very small. I would reccomend people to eat breakfast somewhere else, but do use the rooftop because of the view.

Having said all this, the best thing about the hotel is the staff and its owners. They are so accomodating, friendly, varm and helpfull. You feel so welcome at this place!

I would reccomend this hotel to anyone: great value for money!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

While in Udaipur recently, my husband and I wanted to take a cooking class. We came to Sushma's at Hotel Krishna Niwas, thinking we could just drop in...although not the norm (book ahead), Sushma saw how disappointed we were that we couldn't do it as we were leaving the next morning that she took pity and held a last-minute private class for us. In a word, amazing! The food was fantastic (it set the bar really high for the rest of our trip), and Sushma showed us how easy it is if you have all the right tools and ingredients. We can' wait to try the recipes at home. It costs more than some other classes, but it's worth paying for quality and expertise for sure. We didn't stay at the hotel, but Sushma and her husband were both really friendly and I can only assume it would have been a great place to stay.

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

The staff at Krishna niwas were lovely and very accommodating, even after we'd messed up our booking. The room we had was ok, with a small view of the lake from the window, but the sheets were dirty. It was quite noisy at night too. The restaurant only served breakfast and bottle water was room temperature. There was a nicer view from the roof top but as they didn't serve dinner it was fairly dark and deserted unfortunately. The building itself though was beautiful, the owners are artists and there are lovely paintings everywhere.

• Stayed November 2010
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Krishna Niwas for five days after doing some work in New Delhi. I found the staff incredibly helpful and friendly. The highlight was definitely taking a cooking lesson from Sushma. I have cooked Indian for family and friends since returning to Canada and it's made a big hit. I even have my daughter regularly eating whole wheat -- the easy to make chapatis were a real revelation. I really wish I could have taken more lessons. I also really enjoyed the art lesson we took with Nairaj's brother. My wife didn't believe I did the elephant painting myself. The hotel was very clean and I had a nice quiet room. The value was really quite incredible. I highly recommend it. Digvijay is a huge help and quite a delightful guy. It's an incredibly interesting place, very beautiful.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

This is a good hotel - nothing great but a good standard three star. The staff were very nice and caring. The room (and the hotel generally) were reasonably clean and had great views across the lake, which I really liked. The rooftop had great views too.

The breakfast they served was nice, nothing outstanding but quite good. They threw in a free pick up from the airport which was great.

They offer cooking classes which I didn't get the chance to try but the lady running them was very nice and friendly and the kitchen looked very clean.

The only negative thing was that I had two A/C units right outside my window which were very noisy at times when you are trying to sleep, but they didn't go all night, fortunately.

I thought it was good value for money.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Udaipur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

very nice people who are friendly, helpful and to be trusted. We had a wonderful stay where we had the opportunity to rest, refresh and relax. It's a bit more expensive for a budget traveler but definitely good value!
We took the cooking class and we saw with our own eyes that Indian food can be good and tastefully without getting sick! The hotel had also suggestions where to eat healthy in town.
Clean and good!
We had a great time. Udaipur is a great lovely place, and this hotel helps you to enjoy it!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple