We went as a group of friends with families during long Ugadi weekend in March 2014.
The place is well within the town but away from all noise and hustle bustle of the small town Valparai.
We booked this place after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and not regretted our decision once we reached there. A friendly and smiling Benny welcomed us and allotted rooms to us. We booked three rooms, the rooms were clean and kept ready. Only one room had issues with the WC toilet which took a day to get fixed.
The place is on a narrow road, parking is tight, on the terrace that's the only pain. For kids there is no place to run around. The views are good from the balcony corridor and two rooms which are facing valley have great views. Please make sure to book valley facing rooms only.
Food is available in the main market, which is 5 mins walk away. Since we were in large group, Benny arranged one cook for us. The food was below average and even tea was OK. We were disappointed with the tea as when you are in Tamilnadu, every road side shop, village shop serves extraordinarily good tea.
One more thing, in the morning you will wake up in the midst of lovely music by birds. Specially on black colored one (Whistling thrush) entertained us right from the morning 5 till about 7-8 am. There are plenty of birds and their music combined with the sunrise behind the high hills/grasslands makes your holiday perfect.
1. Ever smiling / helpful Benny
2. Excellent views of the valley
3. Ever helpful staff (one aged person as help but very enthusiastic)
4. Clean, well maintained rooms
5. Convenient location
1. Not good catering / tea /food options
2. Tight parking on terrace
3. No open space for kids to run around
4. They must keep some literature to help tourists plan their trips around Valparai
Overall a good value for money option if you are visiting Valparai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As its name implies, Misty Creek Homestay is an idyllic, pleasing and picturesque spot of natural simplicity and happiness. Here every room offers mesmerizing views. You can enjoy the mist rolling down in the warmth of luxuriously furnished rooms and it is literally a honeymooner's paradise. The property is far enough to shut out the hustle and bustle of Valparai town and close enough to reach it in 5 minutes by vehicle. ... more less