The Grand Regent
Sathyam Grand(Coimbatore)
Mesabel Hotel(Coimbatore)
Hotel Naveen(Coimbatore)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssymphony restaurantsmall kitchena ground floor roomserved freshcomfortable placeample parking spacecompared to other hotelsroom service iscomplimentary breakfastplace to stayconferenceambiencecitybusinesskeypropertycorridor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I happened to attend a conference at this hotel on 26 October 2013.

Situated in a prime but quiet location - Avinashi Road, nearer to the Lakshmi Mills Junction, the access is easy.

The accommodation and facilities to host meetings / conferences are good, and the admin staff co-operate very well. The stay is decent too, though I don't have the tariff details right now.

The restaurant had a fairly large variety of food, and a buffet lunch cost just Rupees 599. The taste was decent and not at all spicy, though I personally prefer a bit more than that. The desserts served were again a display of varieties and were extremely good, and are certain to impress anyone.

On the whole it was a nice experience, and would recommend it to anyone who seek a quick option at a decent price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2013

stayed for one hight on bussines trip.the check in was smooth.the rooms are very homely and clean. the rooms and settings give very open, free and homely feeling. th room service is good and prompt.the breakfast is average. we went for breakfast at 0930 hrs and found all dishes empty.my request to fill the dishes was ignored and they asked me my le-carte choice. i had my guests for breakfast hence very embbrassing.the buffet dinner is very good with lots of choices and is strongly recommended.
the restaurant staff needs training and ettiquattes.

Room Tip: freight can be negotiated
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Let me preface this review by saying that I didn't actually stay in the hotel but I ate at the hotel's restaurant twice during my stay! I had to travel to Coimbatore for work for two whole weeks and after eating at our guest house I was exciting about experiencing some real Indian food our first weekend there. Talk about caliente! It was spicy as is most Indian food, but tasty. There are so many different levels to Indian food and I enjoy that. The sauteed and fried cauliflower was amazing and I don't even like cauliflower! The vegetables were so fresh and the fish stew, great!
We liked it so much we went there for our last meal before we left. If you ever have to travel to Coimbatore, check out the buffet at the Grand Regent Hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 December 2012

We had stayed in this hotel for my friends wedding for a night. The Location was very good. The rooms are large , clean , bright and it has lovely corridors. The staff are helpful in every respect. The morning breakfast could use some less oil.
Over all i had a clean stay and we enjoyed it. Price could have been less when compared to other hotels. Did not try their speciality restaurant which i heard is good.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We arrived in the early evening on Diwali to the sound of firecrackers and people celebrating. However, the hotel was fairly quiet inside. We had prebooked and check in was a breeze. ( We cannot understand the problems experienced by saravana26 as the front office staff seemed most helpful. As visitors from the UK, we were quite careful to avoid misunderstandings in advance that can be caused by language.)

The hotel is very pleasantly situated. Good huge comfortable suite, if a little bland in decor - an architectural shortcomming. The hotel is not cheap and was probably on full rate because of Diwali. However, the staff were really helpful and the restuarant served delicious food. There is even a good bar to get a beer or two and a friendly barman.

We had to get up sharp to catch the 07:10 train from Mettupalayam to Ooty and the hotel had all things sorted including a good driver to get us to the station. Whilst I would not particularly choose Coimbatore as a tourist destination, it is an ideal place to stop if you wish to go on the Nilgiri Railway.

Room Tip: The Regent Double Room is in fact a suite, I guess at leat 60 square metres.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple