“Symphony Restaurant - The best in class!”
Review of The Grand Regent

The Grand Regent
Ranked #5 of 73 Coimbatore B&B and Inns
Coimbatore
“Symphony Restaurant - The best in class!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We decided to head to the Symphony Restaurant at The Grand Regent to celebrate my parent's 29th wedding anniversary (oh, and we went there couple of months ago as well to celebrate my and my wife's birthdays as well). Booking the table is a breeze and within minutes, your table is booked. The location of the hotel a key factor to attract the crowd - on the Avinashi Road, opposite The Residency Hotel.

The variety of dishes available in the buffet is awesome. Pure mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian. What amazed me both the times is the Desserts area. What a variety! You can restrict your main course just for the Desserts.

You will get drinks served at your request. For the buffet price range (Rs. 650/- per head), its one of the decent food joints in the city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Weimar, Thüringen, Germany
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I initially only booked for one night as I was in a rush to get to my next destination, but I felt so relaxed and well looked after at the Grand Regent, I decided to stay an extra two days. All the staff from the room cleaners, to the restaurant waiters, to the higher management were impeccably attentive, professional and it was clear that the training on all levels has been of the highest standards. Really terrific food in the restaurant, in fact so good I didn't even bother to go out to other restaurants. The desk staff helped me with so many small things, from booking transport tickets, to helping with some other glitches I was having. The rooms were really clean and I appreciated the small personal kitchen with a kettle supplied. Beaming hot water in the showers, clear big flat screen tv, fast Wi Fi in the room - A laundry service that cleaned my clothes like never before - super! Could I find anything wrong with this place? To be honest no! Next time I am in Coimbatore I will definitely be staying again at the Grand Regent Hotel.

Room Tip: Personally, I like the rooms on the upper floor - Wi Fi works best from the rooms closer to receptio...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Hamish John A
Madurai, India
Reviewed 14 December 2013

very good and spacious hotel. the rooms are quite spacious and have full fledged wardrobe with safe vault and there is also a small ante room where a fridge and a cooking slab is also provided.
Since we stayed for our son's engagement the rooms were convenient to keep our valuables safe
and at the same time provided extra room for our guests to change dress.the hotel also provided us with a cold storage to keep our flowers- madurai malli fresh . the conference hall was a spacious accommodating around 250 .The ambiance and the acoustics was good . there was provision for twin projection.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I happened to attend a conference at this hotel on 26 October 2013.

Situated in a prime but quiet location - Avinashi Road, nearer to the Lakshmi Mills Junction, the access is easy.

The accommodation and facilities to host meetings / conferences are good, and the admin staff co-operate very well. The stay is decent too, though I don't have the tariff details right now.

The restaurant had a fairly large variety of food, and a buffet lunch cost just Rupees 599. The taste was decent and not at all spicy, though I personally prefer a bit more than that. The desserts served were again a display of varieties and were extremely good, and are certain to impress anyone.

On the whole it was a nice experience, and would recommend it to anyone who seek a quick option at a decent price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 20 September 2013

stayed for one hight on bussines trip.the check in was smooth.the rooms are very homely and clean. the rooms and settings give very open, free and homely feeling. th room service is good and prompt.the breakfast is average. we went for breakfast at 0930 hrs and found all dishes empty.my request to fill the dishes was ignored and they asked me my le-carte choice. i had my guests for breakfast hence very embbrassing.the buffet dinner is very good with lots of choices and is strongly recommended.
the restaurant staff needs training and ettiquattes.

Room Tip: freight can be negotiated
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
H-Town. Texas
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Let me preface this review by saying that I didn't actually stay in the hotel but I ate at the hotel's restaurant twice during my stay! I had to travel to Coimbatore for work for two whole weeks and after eating at our guest house I was exciting about experiencing some real Indian food our first weekend there. Talk about caliente! It was spicy as is most Indian food, but tasty. There are so many different levels to Indian food and I enjoy that. The sauteed and fried cauliflower was amazing and I don't even like cauliflower! The vegetables were so fresh and the fish stew, great!
We liked it so much we went there for our last meal before we left. If you ever have to travel to Coimbatore, check out the buffet at the Grand Regent Hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Karur, India
Reviewed 24 December 2012

We had stayed in this hotel for my friends wedding for a night. The Location was very good. The rooms are large , clean , bright and it has lovely corridors. The staff are helpful in every respect. The morning breakfast could use some less oil.
Over all i had a clean stay and we enjoyed it. Price could have been less when compared to other hotels. Did not try their speciality restaurant which i heard is good.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple