“Food is average to good, seating arrangement weird”
Review of INDULGE

Ranked #465 of 1,077 Restaurants in Coimbatore
Description: Cafe Lounge
Description: Cafe Lounge
New York City, New York
“Food is average to good, seating arrangement weird”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Not a well thought out restaurant, in terms of the menu, the seating arrangement, they have two seating areas, and the service is good.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank soaringtree

Coimbatore, India
“Okay food..... Pathetic service..... Bad attitude...”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My review on INDULGE... Had been there for lunch with my family on 30 July... Entered the restaurant or should I call it Lounge @ 2.20... One table, near the washroom was without chairs, the next occupied, the third with a laptop lying on it with uncleared plates and my seat, the last opp to the kitchen. After sometime, a known face, a waiter waved and I requested him to take the order and understood he was from MYX and not from this place. But, since he knew me, took the order of 2 Cream of Spinach Soups and a Herbed Grilled Warm Veg Salad without Mushrooms.. @2.40 Still, nobody had acknowledged our presence and then realised, this place should be self service and went upto to the cashier counter and requested for the normal menu card. The person in the cash register said he will send somebody to take our order. I told him we were waiting for more than 25 mins and nobody has even come near us and then I realised the other guests were also having a similar face with nothing on their tables. The heat of the kitchen or should I call the seasonings being used there hit us strong and we wanted to shift tables and by that time the second one was getting vacated. Requested them to clear that table and that again took a fair amount of time and sat on that and had to scream out loud for someone to come and take the order for the main course. Ordered Cottage Cheese, Panneer Tikka, Exotic veg and Creamy Chicken sizzlers. The last one with mashed potatoes all the other with whatever they called country type. Till now not even the water glasses had not arrived. So, had to ask, atleast, can we have some water. Ok, no choice asked on water but a small glass (3 nos, we were 4) comes to the table. I asked the guy if it was purified water, he said "No sir, tap water". So again asked for bottled water and alas.. what a surpirse, the glass at which they serve changed, now a better looking conical glass. Is this is what called a "two tumbler system"? @3.10 - Our soup arrives... Can't complain on that tough but just that my spoon was chipped.. @3.30 - After calling for a lot of attention, the salad arrrives.. Noticing something like mushroom (I personally do not touch anything containing mushrooms, I don't know why), called up this guy to check what it was, he answers potato, then on suggesting it may be mushrooms, he takes it to the kitchen to return back apologising that it was meant for the next table and ours was getting ready.. @ 3.45 - Begging for food as the children started getting restless.. @3.50 - Two sizzlers arrive... After the guy kept the sizzlers on the table, I ask him "Boss, thanks, the sizzlers are here, where is the sizzle?".. He replies "Might be, it got cold sir". Again, thanks... Then the rest two sizzlers arrive and it is already past 4.00. Now we remind them, our salad hasn't been served yet and he acknowledges.. The sizzlers, in ht eurgency, incomplete, the beans and carrots raw and excepting one, the other three weren't sizzling.. The pan was not heated enough for it to sizzle. @4.05 - Our food is finished and nobody even bothers to check, if we have another order or if at all we want something... Then when we started asking about the salad, they say it is on the way... We were as such not through, but didn't have the patience to wait after placing another order, just stood up, went to the cash and asked him for the bill. The bill is ready, and he comments, " Sir, the salad has been served but you were the one who sent it back".. Then I call the guy who served it and he honestly said it again.. " It was meant for the next table".. But don't know what the truth exactly is.. The bill, 4 sizzlers alone man and ok.. Then he realised he missed out the water bottle and again added it by writing on the bill.. Now, blaming the fate on how lousy service level can get, I tell him, "Boss, you missed out on the soups"... He wakes up and makes another bill for that... He again hands out a white paper and says " Sir, you can blame me for everything and please write your complaints in this paper".. I resist saying, it will be online in another 15 mins. He takes down my mobile number, I don't know for what. You know, the heights, the reason for delay, they are having a sizzler fest and they can't handle so many customers... But I didn't see many there and everybody there were walking to the kitchen to check on their orders.. Pathetic and real lousy... But, alas guys, a good family saturday lunch spoilt and had to return back half hungry. One off my worst experiences in Coimbatore, may be the worst. So, beware.

• Visited July 2011