We opted for the Thellikkal Nights stay for one night. We are group of 5 friends. Before I write the stay experience, I need to write on Parambikulam wild life sanctuary. It can be accessed only via Pollachi - no route from Kerela I understand. Right from the entry to getting into the sanctuary, every thing was in order and following all rules and procedures. There are tons of things to do in Parambikulam - trekking, jungle safari, bamboo boat ride, etc. We choosed to go for Thellikal nights for one night. It involved trekking inside the forest for around 6-7 kms. This acco was in middle of forest - nothing man made nearby except for the house. No electricity, no water, no toliet as well (when we went)- wildlife at its fullest. We took bath and other nature activities thru the nearby stream. We had 2 tribals for our company. No mobile signal - one is practically and really cut out of normal life here. In nights, one will understand the real meaning of darkness. We saw bears, snakes, deers, bisons, nearby. The windows in the house were broken and hence in nights large butterflies and insects were playing on our faces - it was scarry and equally fun. Would not recommend for family or couple tho - its only for friends.
It gave me a amazing wild experience.
Some do's and dont's:
1. Dont try to have big conversations with the tribes
2. Dont bring much of luggage inside the forest
3. Dont panic or get excited on seeing any wild animal
4. Inform your family/friends clearly where you are going and what your plan is within the sanctuary before your trip
5. Always follow tribes accompanying you - its very easy to get yourself lost in the jungle
6. Any hardship or difficulty you face, take it as an enjoyable and adventurous experience and dont take it as hardship
7. Understand and appreciate the way of life of the tribes in the forest
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.