1,035 results
All reviewsafghan grillchin chinpavilion restaurantthe club loungechinese restaurantavinashi roadexcellent hotelvalue for moneyunder renovationgreat ambiencepool sidestar hotelbusiness hotelbusiness tripawesome foodbuffet lunchbuffet spread
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was my first stay at The Residency. I was impressed with the rooms, the decor and the cleanliness. The staff was courteous and very very helpful. In-room dining service was prompt and food was delicious. I had heard brilliant reviews of buffet at the Pavilion, but was unimpressed with the spread and cleanliness of the dining tables and cutlery. However, the staff again were great in understanding complains and took necessary action immediately. Mr. David particularly made me feel at home when he realized I was a solo traveler. Overall I had a good experience and would love to visit the residency again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
ErineLouisGM, General Manager at The Residency Towers, Coimbatore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Good Morning Ms. Tilothama,
Hope i have spelled your name correctly.
Thank you for your wonderful feedback and it's even more valuable and critical since you are a Senior Reviewer to Trip Advisor.
We have renovated our rooms are in line with International and 5 star norms. It's encouraging to learn from you that both housekeeping and F&b experiences met your expectations.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We have visited The Residency four times annually for the last six years. Location is perfect - near centre of town which reduces my travelling time for business and shopping. The hotel personnel have at all times been friendly, helpful and extremely efficient. At present our choice of rooms (Residency Club) are being renovated so we have been staying in the standard rooms which have already been upgraded. Have to say they are excellent, well furnished, walk in showers, smart wired, flat screen TV etc. Dining options are reduced at present as one restaurant is under renovation but both the Chinese restaurant and the coffee shop offer extensive menus. Looking forward to our next visit in February - cannot wait to see the finished Residency Club rooms. We recommend this hotel to all visitors to Chennai, for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Our choice is Residency Club but guests will be delighted with the quality of standard rooms also.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Vern,
Good Morning and Thank you for the wonderful review of your experience at The Residency.
I am really excited after reading your feedback because you have been with us supporting us over years and the recent changes that are made in the rooms are in line to your expectations.
We are upgrading our hotel to 5 star standards. Upon your next visit i will be able to offer you the New Club rooms and they are different and well appointed.
Thank you suggesting our hotel to all other business travelers.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

The rooms have been superbly renovated and has all amenities...during our stay the pool and one restaurant was under renovation...but it didn't trouble our stay in anyway...breakfast spread was really good with local flavours too...24 hr check in is really helpful...overall i'm really impressed with the service and quality...would definitely recommend...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Morning Mr. Rajeev,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.
It's a pleasure to read your feedback because you appreciate the newely renovated rooms and all other room appointments.
A local touch has always been our USP as far as food is concerned and there days Dosa and Idli's are going places.
Before your next visit we shall keep the pool and the open to sky new grill restaurant ready.
24hrs check-out is our unique feature and it adds value to all business and leisure travelers, a value addition to our guests.
Once again thank you and looking forward to your return.
Erine Louis.

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the residency 5 times in the last 8 months.. The stay has been comfortable till my last visit in January 2014..

I stayed for 2 nights this time too. The first room (room no. 304) given to me had interconnecting doors with another room and my sleep was disturbed due to the other occupant watching tv loudly till 1 am. Inspite of my repeated calls to the front desk, the tv volume did not decrease. In the end, I had to personally go to the other room and request.

I asked for a room shift and was given a room on the same floor (room no. 315). There was a conference that night and some drunk persons created a lot of ruckus in the 3rd floor lobby till 2 am. The hotel manager had to be called after which decorum was established.

All in all, a good place to stay... decent amenities.. good food.. but avoid staying during conferences and immediately shift into another room if you are given an interconnecting one..

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Aditya,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.
Accept my apologies for not been able to give you the same comforts and security as always during your last visit.
We had a residential conference and some of the guests were in real party mood and was disturbing other room guests unknowingly.
We did bring this to there notice in-order to bring the situation under control.
Hope to meet you upon your return
Thank you for your patronage and contineous support.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Staff is very helpful, rooms are nice (reasonable value), location is fine.
I found two main problems:
(1) Exercise room: has limited selection but in India, few exercise, so it is mostly empty. The problem is that staff would use the exercise room to carry food from a second kitchen to a restaurant! Very strange!
(2) Pavilion (their main) restaurant: Dinner and BF had many selection-- perhaps too many--
but they should focus on quality (more frequent replacements), esp freshness. At BF, fruits seem to be out there for hours (it could be just appearance)-- when I complained, they did bring a fresh plate from the kitchen. At dinner, the palace is too busy and noisy, lacking in ambiance.
(3) I also like firm mattress rather than the soft stuff they have on their bed.

My previous stay was at the Park Palace in Bangalore-- the owners of this restaurant may want to see how they manage their main restaurant!

Common areas are generally quite nice-- esp. corridors, if that matters. Rooms are quiet.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your critical feedback's on Trip Advisor.
We value your comments especially those on improving the appearance and freshness of fruits.
Out new Spa, Gym, Swimming Pool and an open to sky new restaurant will be open by Feb 28th. I am sure you would be delighted by our new facilities.
Erine louis
General Manager.
Staff is very helpful, rooms are nice (reasonable value), location is fine.
I found two main problems: