“Good”

The Residency Towers, Coimbatore
Ranked #4 of 99 Hotels in Coimbatore
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed last week in this hotel, it's a good and clean hotel for staying. Service is also good. Multicuisine Restaurant in this hotel's taste is fine. Chin Chin the Chinese restaurant is little bit low in service.

• Stayed: July 2014
ErineLouisGM, General Manager at The Residency Towers, Coimbatore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Ms. Anjali,
Greetings from team The Residency, Coimbatore.
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.
Glad that you value our services and facilities, will surely rectify the short fall in the restaurant.
Looking forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for The Residency Towers, Coimbatore

Reviewed 7 July 2014

There was a time couple of years ago when this hotel ruled the "luxury" hospitality market in Coimbatore. With several big ticket chains opening their properties, customers started to notice chinks in its armor.

I have stayed here few times and have nothing specific to complain about. It still retains certain signature service offerings - especially grand buffet breakfast, lunch and surprisingly now - innovative dinner buffet.

Rooms have been renovated and looks charming.
For me the best part is 24-hour check-in/check-out policy. One can stay for 24 hours without worrying about being reminded to check-out, as long as you remember you check-in time previous day. This works well for business travelers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sateeshg

Dear Mr. Sateesh,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.
As you have rightly said competition is catching up and it's testing the waters for all.
The hotel rooms are completely renovated and will complete the other areas in a phased manner.
We will not wait or waste time to gear up to face the challenges of the emerging market and so is Coimbatore. The city is growing and probably the fastest growing city in this state after Chennai.
Looking forward to your return and hoping to meet you then.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I am visiting coimbatore from today for 10 days. I booked myself in taj viva ta but then somebody suggested I take a look at residency as well. Believing the recommendation I contacted hotel with my requirements. I was told I shall get a call within 5 minutes. I waited for couple of hours and called again. This time also I was promised a callback in a while. I never got a callback. I then contacted the hotel through mail with my requirements. I once again got a prompt reply that I shall be contacted on my mobile soon. Once again they proved that they are an irresponsible hotel. If this is the response even at the time of making bookings, I am afraid I do not want to take chances with their services.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank ROHiiiiiT

Dear Mr. Rohit,
Thank you for your note.
Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the short fall in effective and efficient communication.
After this untoward incident i have checked on my processes and have done couple of audits as well.
Did you receive the mail i had send last Monday? Understand that you are still in town and allow me to invite you to my hotel one of these days.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
General Manager.
General Manager.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The rooms are large, comfortable with all necessary toiletries. However, I was checked in for just a few hours stay, had to waste a lot of time trying to use the complimentary wi-fi service. Tried to contact the duty manager as directed on the flyer in the room; no one picked up the phone for several minutes; got through to him only through the operator. Finally got wi-fi only after calling him twice.(both times through the operator). a cumbersome procedure. Better if they charge but make the procedure simple!
They have a good conference hall in the basement, for meetings of 150-200 people.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DrQuresh M
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family and I booked two rooms for a one-day stopover. We were very pleased with the service. The front desk was very helpful. The hotel is very well maintained. Convenient location, spacious rooms, and friendly service made our stay memorable. The rooms were very clean - kudos to the housekeeping staff. Vinita at the reception was very helpful when we needed some shopping advice. The food is a bit high priced given the offerings, however, in the final analysis, this was not a big issue. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Anita826
Reviewed 3 July 2014

i have order a birth day cake there in two days advance, i specially instructed the person took my order that i need the delivery on time because i will reach there just few minutes before the time which i wand to gift this cake. but when i reach the hotel to collect my cake i felt very bad, they took around 1 hour to deliver my cake and they took another half an hour to settil bill. after all troubles we cut the cake, it was horrible, the cake is not at all good. we can get far far better cake from any street side bakery, so it was a bitter experience for me

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BAIJOOVISWAMBARAN
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Residency is very conveniently located. It is right on the main artery of Coimbatore and close to the airport. We had stayed there once and the experience was delightful.
The rooms are very spacious and done up in style. All the staff are very hospitable, the breakfast spread was great!

We've also had a couple of our get-together's at The Ballroom and at The Senator Hall on 2 different occasions. The F& B department have always been very inclusive of our requests and don't shy from being proactive in giving us very thoughtful & customized suggestions.

There are many new hotels springing up and about Coimbatore, but The Residency remains the King of all of them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family