“Good to stay”
Review of Hotel Rajadhane

Hotel Rajadhane
Ranked #6 of 47 Madurai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Good hotel to stay. Rooms were Clean, spacious and room service was fast.
Only problem was, which I read in other review too, the walls the probably too thin. Its tough to sleep with neighbour room constantly talking or with mid volume tv. U will keep getting good amount of sound.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sourojit258

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I had booked one 4 beded Non- AC room facing room side on 3rd floor. I was impressed with regular enquiry from receiption conditional call for asking weather we are occupying the room or not. Here, I was coming from Ramesawaram via road which was delay like 4:00 pm. During the check-in time, they asked all my photo identity and forms to fill and demand for INRs.2000 advance which was 105% of room value. When I ask for bill they simply denied and ask to wait for later. I request hotel management to be professional enough to provide bills or advance amount reciept bill in the same manner when customers were being asked to pay advance. This money demanding transaction is discouraging to customer to fill their hospitality.

Receiption was helpful to recommend travel desk for next day trip to Munnar. During the discussion, travel desk was helpful and kind enough to suggest the estimated cost of travel. My journey from Madurai to Munnar become adventure trip for new driver allocated for the trip which was later known to me when the cost of trip shoot up 1.8 time than the estimated cost. During the investigation, the driver has divered the route which came to know by us later during payment dialogue. I was not informed for any diversion taken during the trip. This was first time we were travelling this route. Hence, I was forced to pay for learner driver trip and bill was confirmed by email.
My experience with travel desk became sour when he repeatedly shouting and yelling for money payment which I feel that could be done in polite manner. I was promised to get original bill within 3 days at my home address. However even after 7 days for departure from Munnar, I have not heard and recieved orginal bill at my home address.

Hotel food is delicous and breakfast is winner. Serving with such arrogant behaviour for collecting money is BIG NO to use such travel desk for any customer.

My recommendation for Hotel Rajadhane as cost effective hotel to stay for short period. Hotel Resturant is best feature with some high price. However, as earlier reviewer commented, we too suffered with Bed bugs. Don't know it was with non-ac room feature or they have poor beds.

Room Tip: Rooms towards road side are noisy where vechile noise are up whole night.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Clean rooms employees need trg they disturb after 1000 pm ringing the bell to co clear plates restaurant food was good very pleasant and helpfull people prompt room service well located good taxi service from hotel if needed

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Rooms. The rooms were well maintained. The bathroom was extremely clean (light colored tiles, so you knew that it was actually spotless). The charge was very reasonable (INR 1000 for non-AC)

Location. I was staying there because of a family member who was at Apollo Hospital across the street. So, in that sense it was perfect.

Restaurant had North and South Indian, Chinese, and a few Western options; food was almost always well prepared.

Laundry. Housekeeping would come to our room within 2 minutes of a call. Charged about INR 20 per piece, for same day delivery.

Elevator. Only one elevator was working, and it was very flakey. I ended up using the stairs a lot.

I used the travel agent on site for exchanging dollars, for buying airline tickets, and for arranging a long distance car journey. This was very convenient.

Room Service. Sometimes prompt, sometimes made us wait for 30 minutes for a cup of coffee

Room Tip: If you want WiFi in your room, get Rooms 101-107, where the signals from the lobby will reach your r...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank IBCD
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The rooms were clean and well-equipped, and it is a 10-min rickshaw to the city centre and Meenakshi temple. The restaurant has a good range of menu options.

However, I developed bedbug bites from one of the beds on my first night. Management were unfortunately not willing to provide a discount or a concession for this (though I was relocated to another room).

Also, we booked bus tickets to Pondicherry through the travel agency desk at reception. The bus ended up being a bit of a shambles. We were asked to disembark from the bus in the middle of the night to take another bus of lesser quality, with no warning.

If they fixed these above issues, Hotel Rajadhane would be a decent choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank intrepidtraveller288
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Went there for a stay of one night during my trip down south with 7 Family members. Asked for 4 Bedroom and a 3 Bedroom, but got two 4 bedrooms for the same charge (yep some bonus of course). The sleep quality and room is very good. The bathrooms can be better, very good option if you are going for 1-2 days visit with the family. Breakfast was okay. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BharathMS
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We was stayed in hotel Rajadhane from 25th to 26th Mar 13. The service and the room was very good. The room was very clean and up to date. And the staff was very well behaved. Actually I was booked it from 25th Mar for a day and I reached the hotel in very early morning. So it was not possible for me to leave the room next day by the same time when I was checked in. So I asked for some extra hour to stay there with payment but the staff was managed it for me with out any extra charge. And one more good thing in the hotel is free buffet breakfast. Definitly when I will go again in Madurai, I will stay in the same hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple