Hotel Rajadhane
Moskva Hotel(Madurai)
US$39
US$27
Agoda.com
All reviewsapollo hospitalrecommend this hoteltriple bed roomvalue for moneyring roadbudget hotelparking spaceexcellent hotelnorth indianneat roomsplace to stayfamily stayhotel is locatedcourteous stafftempleconnectivityamenities
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is the second time that I booked this hotel through Yatra within 1 year. After staying here last time in 2013, this time I recommended the hotel Rajadhane in Madurai for my relatives. I had booked a non a/c room with complimentary breakfast. It was a prestige issue for me that depend on my guest's comfort level during their two days stay.
The hotel is around 5-6km from Madurai station and 6-7km from the temple. So not very far nor near from the station that took around 40mins to reach the hotel from the station.
They needed to stay very close to the station since their train from Madurai was around 2am in the night. But this distance from the station got overshadowed because of the hotel itself. The rooms even the Non A/C rooms were very clean and neat and truly well maintained.
The service was really good.
As per their comment " every nook and corner of the room was so cleaned even one can think of having food on the floor." They were greatly satisfied with the bathroom.
Very well coordinated. They rather called me as soon as I booked the hotel through yatra regarding the confirmation of the stay.
The hotel desk is very polite and friendly behavior. Professional and courteous.
Sometime the hotel guys deny the reservation or distance themselves away specially when booked through the third party. But they took care of my guest and the very fact that they had no problem to check in at 6am in the early morning. I just had to inform them 2 days prior the check-in regarding the early check in timing.
The restaurant was very clean and overall ambiance was really good. The food quality is good and tasty as what they told me.
The proximity of Apollo hospital from the hotel will have an added advantage for the guest from time to time.
This is what I call value for money specially when it lives to more than expectation after recommending to aged people from far northern side of India.
And I am comfortable wih yatra; specially when it comes to book hotel since last 5 years.

My guest had language problem, but they didnot have any problem to coordinate and got prompt room-service be it for lunch or dinner.
Breakfast quality and timing is really good.
I will recommend this hotel to other guests be it for office trip or for tour.

Room Tip: Must say even Non A/c are equally well maintained like A/c. In fact they suggested me that non A/c would be fine in jan or feb if i am okk with non a/c in chennai. This had greatly helped me to take the decision on the room. They never pushed me and try to do business out of it. I am really impressed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Our family of four stayed here for 2 nights in mid-December 2013 shortly after our arrival in India on vacation. The hotel is in Madurai but on the other side of the river from the temple area at a distance of 10-15 minutes by auto which was fine with us. It was still a busy area and easy enough for the hotel to get a cab. The hotel is a fairly modern building located not far off one of the main roads. Traffic noise was modest in our 4th floor room and we slept fine without needing earplugs. Check-in was smooth. The room was good sized, including the 2 double beds, a foyer-like entry area and a good-sized bath. It contained modern furnishings and was clean and equipped with a combo AC/heater unit.
Other notes:
- We booked a room with two queen beds, a rarity in India and perfect for our family of four.
- Free Wifi in the lobby.
- Excellent restaurant with some of the best Indian food we had during our 3 weeks in India. Nice buffet breakfast with a selection of mostly south Indian food along with toast and cereal.
- Bathroom has a window with fan for venting, so we had to keep the bathroom door closed to minimize the street noise and outside air.
- The hotel has 2 lifts but we only ever saw one in operation at a time.

5  Thank Flamenco64
Reviewed 30 December 2013

very nice place to stay. rooms, bathroom cleanly maintained. under ground car parking little bit congested considering the busy location, parking space provided is ok. never miss out non veg food available in the restaurant.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Very good stay for us.Rooms are very clean during our stay. Near to Mattu thavani bus station. Good connectivity to all areas.

Only draw back is car Parking . We cant park our car not even 10mins on the busy road. Parking space is very small. breakfast isjust ok

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for two days. The rooms are good and worth the money. Free breakfast is also good. The response from the hotel staff on my reviews were also quick. Easy to find the hotel as it is opposite to apollo hospital. Parking is also good.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family