Sherlock Hotel
Ponmari Residencyy(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))(Great Value!)
US$57
Sabol Holiday Resorts(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
US$147
  • Breakfast included
Treebo Yantra Leisures(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
US$95
  • Restaurant
La Flora Amberley Resort(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))(Great Value!)
US$41
US$33
  • Breakfast included
Taj Savoy Hotel, Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
US$275
Gem Park-Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
US$121
US$100
Agoda.com
OYO 1353 The Surya Village(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
US$121
Travelocity
Hotel Mayura Sudarshan Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))(Great Value!)
US$49
  • Restaurant
Astoria Residency(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))(Great Value!)
US$33
Agoda.com
All reviewsmanager sanjaythemed hoteltiger hillbeautiful gardenapproach roadwe loved our stayhustle bustledeluxe roomshill topmain buildingbritish eramountain viewold world charman awesome experiencespecial mentioncandle light dinnerawesome place
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was a last minute booking done online. We reached at 6.30 in the morning and Wilson in the reception was very friendly. However as per the hotel records there was no record of the booking. I was expecting a very disappointing start to my short vacation but Wilson just took me by surprise with his kindness...he told us to check-in and said that we could sort out the booking once the hotel reservations open at 9am. I am very very thankful to him for this kind gesture especially since I had 2 small kids 6 & 5 yrs. (by the way, the Cleartrip staff were totally useless and kept telling me that they would call me back but in the end never even gave me a miss call. Please stay CLEAR from them if you are making last minute bookings like what I did.)

Now back to the review...Breakfast was great, good spread of Indian and continental. I love the cheese omelets..too bad I did not get to meet the chefs to pass on my comments! I was trippin on the Idlis and sambar for all 3 days I stayed there with some omelettes, puri and channa, semia! Kids loved the semia, sausages and fresh fruit. Wifey was with her baked beans and toast bread and also ended up ordering an omelette after I did!!
Lunch was had outside. Dinner on the other hand was good but a bit spicy for my kids even though we asked for something totally bland. The American chopsuey was good..the Alder's special chicken was a tad too spicy for the kids but I enjoyed it. The Guys at Sherlock should go a bit slow with the spices...which are cheaper in Ooty than other places.! :-) The overall experience was just fabulous and we did not expect such great service. I would strongly recommend this place if you are looking to just get away from all the hustle and bustle of the city life, once you are at Sherlock you feel that you are in a different world.. and with the awesome climate that Ooty has to offer you might as well think your in a different country all together! By the way, it is a couple of degrees cooler at the hilltop than it was down in the city.
Shiva one of the cool managers was equally helpful and friendly!!! If you are looking at doing some sightseeing contact him for arranging the transport which I feel is cheap.
I do plan a trip in the next couple of months, this time with my mom and dad include. Will definitely book the stay at Sherlock, WHY? Sheer Ambiance, great and SUPER friendly staff, retro styled accommodation, superb location, etc...

A BIG THANK YOU to Wilson, Shiva, Bhayalakshmi and all the WONDERFUL PEOPLE at Sherlock hotel!!! Look forward to visiting you all soon.

PS: Shiva / Wilson if you're reading this review...I need the fireplace lit on my next trip! lol...

Room Tip: Best location in Ooty
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TrevelynW
Reviewed 23 June 2014

One awesome experience at sherlock!The stay was amazingly awesome.The staffs are very efficient,I would particularly mention Mr.shiva who is the manager made sure everything was in place.The food,room,ambience et all is really good.Looking forward to another visit there!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Sherlock is a small, cosy & pristine property on a beautiful hillock, in Ooty.
Over looking the mountains and valleys, this pristine property has a beautiful garden filled with beautiful flowers. Trust me, the view is jaw-dropping!

We were 4 of us, all girls, and i must say, we had the best stay ever.
Staff were very courteous and helpful. Crew captain, Mr Shiva, was observed to cater to all the guests and their queries with willingness and smile, throughout our stay.

Food was excellent; so was the service.

Thanks to all the staff for making our stay a memorable one. I highly recommend this property :)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Staying in Sherlock is more of an experience than just a stay. It was a family vacation and first time to Ooty and I'm glad that we made a good choice. The best thing about Sherlock is the location and the Ooty view it offers, simply amazing. Distant from the city noise but still close enough to explore the city. Just 3 kms away from the main city, it makes the place really serene and enjoyable. A well kept lush green lawn provides just the right setting for couples to enjoy the walk and kids to play and burn calories. The staff at the hotel really keeps it in good shape and make sure that everybody's stay is comfortable and memorable one.
Shiva is a great guy and believe me he can arrange anything one asks for. The catering staff is well dressed, mannered and soft spoken and really takes good care. The Chef at Sherlock has come out with really good dishes from different part of the world.
Sherlock provides its own travel desk service that takes care of all your travel need including pick-and-drop from airport/railway station or any other place. We were pleased to have Charles as our cab person and he took great care of our airport pick-and-drop and also the sightseeing.
I would recommend this hotel to all who prefers to away from the maddening rush/noise of the city and enjoy the calm and peaceful environment of the hill station.

Room Tip: Please choose the deluxe room to enjoy the valley view. All deluxe rooms are perfectly located along with an additional glass room where you can sit and enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Room was highly over priced for the amenities provided. Fireplace was not working and none of the people there actually made an honest effort to fix it !! The rooms were quite cosy and clean but still not worth the money they charge.

The resort location is beautiful and garden well kept. View is amazing. Staff is very friendly but the service was relatively very slow.Transport was provided from the hotel for sightseeing. Breakfast buffet is highly overpriced. Food is good otherwise.

Check in experience was bad as they took about 3 hours to check us in.