- Place is set on a hill with a valley view. This is the by far the only reason why I may consider to choose this hotel again.
- Rooms are spacious and if you are looking for two rooms, the cottages will suit you better as they come with a hall area.
- A beer in front of the bon fire with family and friends can be a very relaxing experience.
- Breakfast has good variety and tastes decent. Allows you to fill your stomach in the morning before a day long program.
- Staff are service oriented
- Not a suitable place for old people, who have limited mobility or knee problems as the way to move around the place is via large number of steps. There are no lifts or wheelchairs at the hotel. We had to send back my grandmother to stay with our relatives as she could not climb down the steep way down to her room.
- Restaurant service is very slow and you need to keep reminding them about your order before it finally arrives.
- Many hotel booking sites say that this is a 4 star hotel. It is far from it. The rooms are decent but definitely not 4 star quality. The toilet accessories are very old. The shower in my room was broken.
- You need to switch on the geyser 30-40 mins before to get hot water and that too gets exhausted if you fill one bucket of water and then you need to wait again. Haven't seen this in other 4 star hotels ;).
- When you pay 6-7k for a room (per night), you come to expect a lot more other than just the view. The hotel is not bad, its fairly decent. But, the VFM proposition is quiet low.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the slope of a gentle hill in the Nilgiri range, overlooking the breathtaking Ketti Valley, the resort provides the perfect escape from the demanding city life. A quiet undisturbed hamlet just a few kilometers short of Ooty, the setting is idyllic and the weather salubrious. For the romantics among you, there is no better place to reignite those sparks as you serenade your partner amidst the gentle hill slopes and wild blossoms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hill Country Holiday Resort Lovedale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hill Country Holiday Resort Lovedale India/Ooty (Udhagamandalam)