“Fine experience”

Hotel Sapphire Grand
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We visited Ooty during the last week of May and stayed at Sapphire . Well I would say that it was a fine experience staying at this hotel. First of all the major issue with the place is the availability of hot water....being in a place like Ooty you cannot expect the guests to have a shower in cold water or to be precise Luke warm water.....when enquired abt the same they use boilers to heat water and the same is supplied to the rooms. I don't think it's a fine idea and I feel they should have a geyser in each of the rooms for hot water instead do firewood. Secondly the cleanliness is not upto the mark.....the towels are changed only upon request at the reception and not daily. Well they do have a travel desk...which I felt was unorganised....so to say if you are unable to cover any of the places scheduled for the day they will not cover it the next day. So they have to allocate the time to see each of the spots wisely and can't expect the guests to know it.......overall I would rate this place just a 3 it of 5.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daisy251981

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hi my name is Pavithran. Unlike the other guests who gave reviews I had an excellent experience in this hotel. Its really a great experience staying there. The people who work there are really kind and loving. The service is great and food too. The garden in the front is very beautiful. The apple tree near the parking area is the specialty of the hotel. Don't forget to look for this tree if you are lucky you'll get an apple. I was lucky to taste one its really tasty!!

Room Tip: 210 is a classic room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Sapphire Grand:1st Impression is the last impression.Once i reached in reception of Hotel on 1st may 2014 at 11:00 AM.1st thing told me.You don't have any booking with us. I have print out of my booking with Expedia then they told me i don't have any confirmation from Expedia. I don't have any room right now.Then i asked the question how you can tell this.I have booking details with me.They told we don't know Expedia.Check with Expedia person.I am sorry.That time 1st mental and 2nd physical harassment to carry my luggage.Where i need to go and stay that situation.It is horrible condition.Before booking the Tickets from Expedia i checked all hotels there is no rooms are available .Only This hotel room available so i booked this hotel. After waiting 1 hr they told me we have one room available (Itinerary #:- Thu 1/May/2014 to Fri 2/May/2014)
For second day booking (Itinerary #:-Fri 2/May/2014 to Sat 3/May/2014) is not available they already sold out.check with Expedia.
Room are not clean lot of insets,cockroach.Television cable connection are not working.bathroom are not clean. Few light are fused.I thing they are trying save electricity so cable connection and bulbs are fused and not working.It is really not worth-full to pay 2,518.32 for one night.We care full to while booking online hotel.Hotel are paid money to marketing persona of third party vendor like expedia,clear trip, yatra.blindly not believed. They all cheater and fraud.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 22 April 2014

dont be deceived by the pictures.
we stayed 19 april 2014 night, and the list is never ending...
1. they will never tell you that the location is so pathetically interior of ooty and with hilly road, no view, its constructed in between people's houses, who can peak in ur room easily haha.
2. the room smelled of moist wooden furniture as we entered, no electricity when we checked in(the inverter they turn on in night only).
3. some old carpet on the floor and unwashed blanket, all smelly.
4. in night 5 times we called restaurant for 'drinking water', it never came.not even in morning.
5. tv remote was gone, and was corrected in 3 hours and after numerous calls.
6. no hot water at all, the geyser stopped working, and pathetically we were given 2 buckets of hot water.
7. the water color in the taps was of some reddish, soil color , dont know why.
8. the water in the taps kept coming and going every other hour. :(
9. the reception guy 'Daniel' will talk to you nicely but unfortunately unable to provide services properly.
10 the breakfast buffet : only and only idli sambhar...and the staff was serving bread butter jam on request......what kind of buffet it ws i dont know. no options at all.

Room Tip: i am talking about the most expensive room of this hotel. so all can imagine about the rest of the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I am not at all satisfied but so much disappointed with the room they have provided. Room service seems to be satisfactory and overall happy with the hospitality. Hotel location is not scenic but it is situated in heart of the town.

I had made prior booking for a deluxe room to April 10 & 11 through Makemytrip. I checked in at 5'O clock and was allotted an underground room (Room#201). It looked like a storage room beside the hotel restaurant and it had a shabby appearance, as if they had not been much in use of late. When I requested at reception to change the room they told me that all other rooms are occupied and promised that they will allot a good room very next day for me. I repeated the request several times on my second day but they kept repeating the same reply that all rooms are occupied.

Visibility through the only window was blocked with backside of other buildings next to the hotel. Room was decorated with two unusable chairs which was full of dirt. Entire floor was covered with a fabric carpet which was old and torn in various parts. Coat & bed also do not seem to be up to the standard. As per the photos updated in Makemytrip website deluxe room bathroom was fitted with bath tub. But in my room no bath tub was there. A dressing portion with old model cupboard was there in the entrance of room where light was not working. For reference I am attaching original pictures of the room here with.

Even I'm still doubtful whether they have played trick on me by providing a non-deluxe room instead of deluxe.

Room Tip: Never choose rooms 201 and 209. They are underground dump spaces.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kiran K
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The hotel is very worst.. The service is very slow still the food is not good.. Cant imagine, we have order Bisleri Water & after that within 05mins we have ordered Pizza from Domino's but that can within 30mins but not the water.. the doors are not proper. No Proper Locks.. Geyser was not working & the water was also coming dirty First time when we open the tap.. They did not check anything.. Later their Breakfast timing was from 08:00 to 10:00 & we have to leave early in the morning for our Sightseeing, so the manger said will pack & give you the breakfast spark at 08:00 but when we went to collect the packed breakfast the restaurant staff said that they will charge us for the same & they said that the manger doesn't know about all this.. So we did not have breakfast for 02 days..
Guys don't take this hotel if you want a good trip..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2014

They picked us from the bus boarding point and dropped at the bus station while leaving , without charging any extra money,food was good ..Rooms are average and best part is they will not charge extra after the checkout time . They will arrange Sightseeing with there own cars at reasonable rates.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family