“Satisfactory”

and 1 more site!
Fairstay Holiday Resort
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stay at fair stay is worth paying. Room was really nice.they gave suite room instead of super deluxe. Only problem was the room heater that they did not provide,but we got extra blankets. Over all nice to stay at fair stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Reviewed 31 December 2013

i had booked the property through goibibo.com and it was simply great. instant confirmation and experience with the hotel was too good. it was well fitting into the budget and the hospitality extended was very good. I would certainly recommend this property to all seeking for a good stay at Ooty.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

After hours of online search finally decided on Fairstay for our vacation.Thanks Tripadvisor.I booked an executive room for two days.(Stayed on 26th and 27th Dec-13).Booking and confirmation was very simple and smooth.I have asked Faistay to arrange a cab from Bangalore.That was a wise decision I feel.Cab picked us on time.Check-in was simple and quick.(Max five minutes).

Very spacious rooms with 24 hour hot water supply.Every room was provided with UV water Purifier(Hot and cold).Very useful one on this weather.

Breakfast and dinner served with lots of variety.Mostly southindian.Few foreigners stayed there had a tough time with the food.

Most of the requests are honored by hotel manager kumar.Nice gentleman.

Not much activities and no campfire.But ideal place for families and couple not meant for adventurous people.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Fairstay was one of the best experiences I have had in hospitality and service. Right from booking request to check out I had excellent customer service. Mani (Proprietor) and Kumar (Manager) were extremely helpful. The staff were friendly. We had Sathish, the most knowledgeable guide ever who took us sight seeing around Ooty and Conoor (Highly recommended). Although they serve only Vegetarian, the food was fingerlickly delicious and there was good variety everyday. The rooms were clean with hot water throughout. However it was cold in the rooms, which was largely due the flooring and partly due to the weather in November. This however should not deter you from staying at fair stay. All in all Fair Stay was a great experience. Highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Ooty.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have balcony
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I traveled to Ooty with my family on 12th December 2013 and stayed 3 Nights in Fairstay Holiday Resort. The experience was very good. Neat & clean spacious room and very tasty breakfast. The hospitality provided by the Fairstay Manager & staff was very good. Our children enjoyed playing in children's playing area. I will definitely recommend "Fairstay' to my friends & relatives. Willing to visit once again next year.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

That was a good and enjoyable experience in Fairstay Ooty. Fairstay located in top and calm place in Ooty and the view from fairstay holtel is very nice .especially in the morning, Room was spacious and clean. They arranged morning breakfast (included in the tariff) and dinner in the form of buffet and all the food items taste so good. Courteous staff, nice clean well maintained rooms, childrens play area, overall a memorable stay.

Totally FAIRSTAY is Fair to Stay for couples, families and friends

Room Tip: choose Ground floor which close to child play area
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I am writing this review very late. I traveled to Ooty in the month of March 2013, my second trip to Ooty.

When i went to ooty first time with my family during October 2012, I stayed @ Fairstay Resorts. Their staff was inexperienced and no body was their @ reception when i reached there. After waiting for 15 minutes, one person arrived and he was very poor @ English/HIndi & since we also didn't know Tamil, we couldn't interact much. But, somehow he tried to contact his senior & he came after half an hour. One point worth mentioning here is that you will lose your signal reception here. I use Airtel connection. Hotel room was definitely very nice, so I would like to appreciate that. But service was very poor. During breakfast & lunch, we had to wait for long.

So, since my first experience was ok, not great (good value for money), i decided to there during my next trip too. I had already booked the room with them. But this time, my interaction with the receptionist was the worst ever in my life. It took us around 7-8 hrs to reach Ooty from Bangalore and as soon as we reached there @ 2 PM, we though our room would be ready. But they told room is not ready and it will take atleast 1 hr to make it ready. My family wanted to have a look at the room, so we asked them to show us the room. One of my family member used the washroom attached with that room. The manage @ the reception made a very big issue on this and told us that we should have aksed them first whether to use the washroom there or not. I was shocked @ this response. He said the room was for someone else, then I aplogized also. But the guy there didn't want to listen, he thought himself to be the Principal of the school and me the kid in the school. But after sometime, i lost patience and retaliated. I asked him for his senior, but he said he is the only senior here. Then I advised him to be more of a Customer Manager, and less of a principal.
I left the premise after this and tried to call his senior (which i got from my emails), but he too, started saying that this was my mistake. Then I thought it was waste of my time to talk to these guys.

My entire mood was spoiled and my family also had the worst experience. I would still request those guys to go through few courses to learn delivering better customer experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family