“Decent and joyes hotel”

and 1 more site!
Fairstay Holiday Resort
Reviewed 2 May 2014

It is very decent stay at this hotel,clean and neat room and very friendly service,especially by Mr.Kumar,the food also good.My children are enjoyed and always busy on the play area,they served milk and food for my kid,I really admired that the staff allowed me to prepare food for my child in their restaurant myself.I recommend this hotel to all my friends

Room Tip: As I have kids I preferred to stay in ground floor but first floor rooms are having good views

Reviewed 30 April 2014

i had stayed in the hotel from apr 17th to apr 19th 2014. i should say the room was not so clean and it seems they are not aware that the bed spreads should be changed every day. they charged me 3000 rupees per day and 500 rupees for early chek-in by 2 hours, for the amount they had charged me i thought it should be a decent resort, but this not even a decent hotel. bathroom was having a bad odor and the toilets were not clean. location is away from the ooty central by 5 kms and they charge 300 rupees for a pick up. though it is away from the busy ooty town the location is not of a serene kind. I was forced to book this hotel as we planned on a short notice and it was peak season. since the reviews in tripadvisor were good i chosed it, but i was deceived i should say. i have a feel that the reviews were fake as the most of the travelers have only 1 review to their kit. the restaurant is bad too, there is no la crate and hotel staff were part time college going boys not trained on basics. since they don't have adequate staff, guests should drop the plates after they dine at the restaurant which i haven't seen in any hotels nor resorts before.I had used their cab and i found later that hey have charged more than other cabs available in the ooty town. what stands out and what made my ooty stay pleasant was the cab driver Mr.sathish who was so helpful and he knows everything about ooty from small insect to big buildings, i was pleasantly surprised by his hospitality among others in the whole property.i would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: dont choose this hotel as a whole
2  Thank sanyflight
sahana13, Manager at Fairstay Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

In our hotel 1000s of guests stayed and went with full satifications most of them could not find time to write review about us,some of the guest who have faced rejection from us on their personal request shows their revenge through much available way,this guest stayed in our hotel and enjoyed our services,leaved a good comment and even recommended our Fairstay to many people for their stay.We have extended service(cab) to this guest's friend who stayed in another hotel for budget reason,though it is not our business we serviced to his friend as per his request.
The cab service utilised by his friend is different from this guest own utilisation when his stay at our hotel, accordingly the charges will vary but this guest had comparison and felt that he paid more,we have given very detaild expalanation to this guest but this guest said that the whole our Fairstay is bad...we realy wonder.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Freezing Cold room after sunset with NO Heating.

Unwashed Blankets

Floor Carpet full of human hair

Unclean Bathroom

No toilet paper and napkins

Needless to say it had been a terrible experience and I suffered cold bite in summer staying here.

Room Tip: Not Applicable
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

One more effect of personal request rejection,the guest booked room for his own and for his friend first two days for his own and the consecutive two days for his friend,unfortunately his friend does not turn,as per our hotel cancellation policy the no shows will attract charges....that's the reason

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Just add Fairstay as destination in Google Maps and you reach resort without any Fuss.. I booked it for night stay.
During booking I had little hiccup as third party promised something and resort mgmt said something. Mr. Anbumani was so courteous to solve the issue and gave best offer.. he is real gentleman with good customer focus.
@ resort we met Kumar, hats off to his hospitality.... I asked what is there for dinner ..he said resort is not that occupied so what ever we order they prepare for us. We reached restaurant and to our surprise they arranged a buffet from our order. Thanks to Kumar and Lokanathan for making our stay special.
Only drawback was approach road ..... mud road with lot of pot holes

1  Thank Ganesh K
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at Fairstay resort during march 2014.
Hotel Staffs were courteous.
Management guided us with the places to visit in and around ooty. Location is good for relaxation.
The rooms are very neat and well maintained. Proactive Service.
Food is homely and healthy.
The rooms are very neat and well maintained. The rates they charge is very reasonable.

Only drawback is the road towards the hotel from Ooty-Coonoor Main road.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at Fairstay resort during march 2014. It is located near Coonoor. We were really delighted by the resort owner. He guided us with the places to visit in and around ooty without confusing us. He assisted us to locate the resort as well. View from the balcony was amazing, an ideal place to sip morning tea. The food they serve is homely and hygienic. The rooms are very neat and well maintained. Its a perfect getaway from hustle and bustle of city life. It's an ideal place for family, couples and friends. The rates they charge is very reasonable. You get quality treatment without spending extra money. I would prefer staying there if I happen to visit next.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2014

When I saw the reviews for this , I thought its a nice resort with child play but there is nothing extra-ordinary. It is not worth taking . It is in between Conoor and Ooty and the road to the resort the worst you would have ever travelled(So you will have to waste your time). instead you can take a hotel in the ooty town and save time.
Very important : There will be no hot water in the room , you have to keep waiting for hot water in your room at last someone will bring half bucket water so nice way to waste your time.
If you book online you are trapped, they will not cancel at any cost.

Room Tip: Please choose a hotel in the town if it is less than 2 days in OOty , if you plan to stay long time...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family