“Ooty trip”

Ranked #81 of 135 Ooty B&B and Inns
Chennai
“Ooty trip”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My Oooty trip was fine, i have blocked a 2 bed rooms for my stay but due to renevation they have issued a cottage to me. Which is very cheap compared to my booked room. Stay was quiet good, but the lot of improvement required. Thay are listed below..
1. No car parking
2. No Room service
3. No Veg foods available/served in cottage (only non -veg served in room)
4. Toilets were not clean
5. No room Cleaning availble for all 3 days of my stay
6. No proper Hot water set up

Apart from stay, my OOTY trip was fantastic.....

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Maruthi cottages located near to botanical garden, location wise you can easily access good restaurants, hotels. i have stayed with my family in two bedded cottage during the month of november. it will be like a two bedroom flat with a kitchen. dont expect the rooms will be like 2/3/4 star hotels. kitchen and heater will be charged extra. few switches will not be working. but the service they provide will overshadow every other things. i have taken my 1yr old daugter, the care they gave was priceless, they gave kettle for making hot water, they prepared food for my daughter seperately. they dint charge for this kettle and my daughter's food. no free breakfast here. they will charge for tea and other items you will be having there. if you are going with your family and taking a kid then i would defnitely recommend this. Thanks to Mr.Madhu and Mr.Santhosh for the service and the support they have given during my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lasttrojan
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

One of the best in ooty circle with your family.attractions are near by,and easy access from the cottage.its neat and clean(indian standard).if you are looking for a hotel kind of service,you are in wrong place,coz its just à cottage.so spend minimum time in the room and more time outside.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank salehmuhammed900
Bangalore
Reviewed 30 August 2013

It was a horrible stay at Maruthi hotel...First of all the room was so dirty and smelling fouly....blankets were dirty....no room service was available....we hv to call them again and again for anything we need.....no drinking water...not even glasses to drink water was served alongwith water when asked for...none of the electricty plugs were working...bathroom toilet flush was not working...hot was was not available, you can only say lukewarm water was available....it is a total wastage for money...nobody should visit that hotel again......

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

4 Thank Dhruvji S

Travellers are raving about these Ooty hotels

Chennai
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I really liked the homely feel in the cottage. Things were very clean and neat. The rooms, specially the hall rooms were very good. Good services by Santhosh and Sekar, they were very polite and humble.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Tyepermul N
Agra, India
Reviewed 15 June 2013

PLEASE do not go for this Hotel. This the worst place to stay in the whole Ooty. I had made a booking through Make My Trip for this Hotel 2 rooms for 2 nights (26 May to 28 May). I had made full payment to makemytrip people and they had given me a written confirmation of my reservation along with all the facilities that I will be getting in this hotel. On reaching the Hotel I was offered 1 room the hotel and 2nd in the near by hotel. When I complaint to MMT of the same, the owner of the hotel Mr. Ravi, told me that he owns 7 hotels in Ooty and its not possible to provide accommodation in the same hotel. The room that was offered to us was in stinking. They had sold the rooms to other parties in spite of our advanced booking. This is clearly a case of cheating. Ultimately when I asked for the refund they clearly refused. While this was going on we requested the hotel to provide us wash room facility, as we had ladies and small children with us. The hotel told us that we could have wash room only after checking in the rooms. This behavior and that too in hospitality business! Now I am planning legal action against make my trip and Hotel Maruthi cottage.

Room Tip: You could find some nice Hotels near by, which are not listed on Travel Planners site.